NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i will say this. boston should be the favorite to win the title next year. old or not. stern or not. that team is deep. should be a wrap if they re sign davis or powe... they dont need no pg... daniels could do decent with that...

Let's say we're able to resign L.O..........will you still feel the same way?

yes. the factors will be sheed and rondo. if bynum can step up then i would give the advantage to LA BUT he has yet to go a full year the way he played in thatshort time when odom was down. he did squat in the playoffs...

Steph may be heading to Europe.
smh.gif

The Pistons might be nice, but they have no real center.

Stuck/Bynum
Rip/Gordon
Prince/Daye/Summers
Villanueva/Max/Wilcox
Kwame?

They're just a team full of tweeners.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Pistons might be nice, but they have no real center.

Stuck/Bynum
Rip/Gordon
Prince/Daye/Summers
Villanueva/Max/Wilcox
Kwame?

They're just a team full of tweeners.
rip/prince are both likely to be traded, and isnt bynum a sg? excuse my ignorance, since i know half of nt are will bynum fans.
btw, no way in hell kwame starts. if they do,
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at that management. and i thought joe knew what he was doing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Pistons need to make a move for Kaman or Camby.

camby would be a better fit, since they want expiring contracts. he'll be a really good upgrade IF healthy, and thats an huge if.
i cant believe the cliips might be able to get rid of that overload at the frontcourt they had last year.
edit: thinking about that clippers roster
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

biddy, gordon, thornton, griffin, kaman. they'll def. be able to compete for the last playoff spot if healthy. bench is sort of weak though. imo, getsessions, trade bdiddy for a few role/bench players, and they'll be set.

A Kaman for Prince swap would make sense for both squads.

Kaman would give the Pistons a true center, that could give them a double-double. The only thing is that he can be injury prone and inconsistent.

Prince would give the Clippers an experienced veteran. It also shifts Al Thornton to the bench, where he would be a better fit.

Doesn't hurt that Kaman is from Michigan and Prince is from Compton
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

A Kaman for Prince swap would make sense for both squads.

Kaman would give the Pistons a true center, that could give them a double-double. The only thing is that he can be injury prone and inconsistent.

Prince would give the Clippers an experienced veteran. It also shifts Al Thornton to the bench, where he would be a better fit.

Doesn't hurt that Kaman is from Michigan and Prince is from Compton
laugh.gif

I don't see Detroit making that move though.

clippers ant making the playoffs any time soon that is a HORRIBLE mix of talent they togther even after trading Zach.

i dont see the pistons letting prince right now

^i dont either. im sure they'll get WAY better offers then that for prince.
imo, they shouldn't trade prince at all, but it seems to me they want to start over, brand new.

i rather move rip than prince considering we just gave gordon a contract.... we can get a pretty good center for Rip..... issue is there isnt many outthere..... i was we had never let Okur walk a few years ago....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

clippers ant making the playoffs any time soon that is a HORRIBLE mix of talent they togther even after trading Zach.

Gordon & Griffin mixed with Davis & Camby is horrible talent?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I think he means it's a bad combination talent.

I actually like those four, as long as Dumbleavy lets the team run more. I think the Clippers really need to bring in a veteran like Tayshaun Prince or ShaneBattier to balance out the starting five though. Put Al Thornton on the bench so he can be the second unit's go to guy.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

i said a horrible mix not horrible talent

starting 5 of
davis
Gordon
AL
Griffin
Camby

is no better then the one they had last year and is still a starting line up of nobody that plays 1 on 1 D and only people looking to score

and nas what happend to the old avy and who was that?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Rip is the odd man out, hes getting traded not Prince.

Anyways i like the Wilcox signing a lot, ive always been a fan of his.

Artest Reaches Out To Odom

Jul 19, 2009 8:49 AM EST

Ron Artest says that he has reached out to Lamar Odom in hopes that the forward can still work out a deal with the Lakers.

"I hope that helps," said Artest. "I already reached out to him and will (again)."

Artest's remarks came after Dwyane Wade made public comments in an attempt to persuade Odom to return to Miami.

Via New York Daily News

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knicks Lining Up Alternatives To LeBron?
Jul 19, 2009 8:41 AM EST

If LeBron James ultimately decides to stay in Cleveland, the Knicks have a number of fallback options to target in the next few summers.

In 2011, guys like Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant are expected to hit the free agent market.

If Anthony and Durant don't move to New York, then Chris Paul and Deron Williams could become options in the summer of 2012.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artest Nearly Signed With Cavaliers
Jul 19, 2009 8:58 AM EST

Ron Artest told the New York Daily News that he gave serious consideration to signing with the Cavaliers prior to inking a five-year deal with the Lakers.

"It was close (to happening), but the Lakers showed more interest," Artest said. "They're my boys (James and O'Neal), though. Shaq isstill my boy. I'm looking forward to playing with Kobe and going after a championship."

Via New York Daily News

Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers

Sterling Wants Iverson On Clippers
Jul 19, 2009 8:54 AM EST

Clippers owner Donald Sterling wants Allen Iverson, but a number of the team's top executives don't share the feeling.

"It's out of our control," one Clipper executive told the New York Daily News. "This is owner-driven."

Sterling is using the team's slow-moving ticket sales as a reason to add Iverson, but a former league executive commented that A.I. doesn't appear tobe in coach Mike Dunleavy's plans.

Via New York Daily News

^^ damn it my clippers are doing alright but at the same time f'kin up. Dont get me wrong AI would provide scoring and fill seats but give me ramonsessions and a defensive wing that would start so thorton could be the 6th man. If we do something in that nature we could be more competitive win more gamesand the seats will fill themselves. Sterlings trying to make money, dunleavy as the GM seems to want to get players in that would improve the team. They arepissing me off on day and getting me upbeat the next. I also think dunleavy has ran his course as head coach. just be the GM. stop trying to be Pat Riley.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at this rate the knicks are gonna suck for along time...... they keep waitin with fingers crossed for superstars......
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom