NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

[h2]Sources: Cavs ink Moon to offer sheet[/h2]The Cleveland Cavaliers have continued their offseason remodeling by signing restricted free agent Jamario Moon to an offer sheet, according to NBA front-office sources.

Although the full details of the offer sheet are unlikely to be known until Monday, when the contract is submitted to the league office, sources told ESPN.com that the deal Moon signed Friday spans at least two years.
The Miami Heat will have seven days to match the offer once it's formally processed, but Cleveland would appear to have a good chance of landing Moon given Miami's well-chronicled desire to avoid new contracts longer than one year to protect its 2010 salary-cap space.
There are exceptions to that policy, as evidenced by Miami's well-chronicled attempts to sign Lamar Odom away from the Los Angeles Lakers. The Heat, though, have multiple players at Moon's position -- Daequan Cook, James Jones and Yakhouba Diawara -- even if they don't land Odom, raising doubts about their ability to keep him.
After trading for Shaquille O'Neal and signing Anthony Parker to take their payroll beyond the $80 million mark, Cleveland has spent the past week looking for free-agent bargains as it tries to add depth at the wing positions and find a power forward that can stretch the floor with his jumper. The Cavs had been linked in recent days to forwards such as Rob Kurz and Sean May before signing Moon.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by belle155

jamario moon to the cavs?
Power moves guys, power moves.
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

[h2]Sources: Cavs ink Moon to offer sheet[/h2]The Cleveland Cavaliers have continued their offseason remodeling by signing restricted free agent Jamario Moon to an offer sheet, according to NBA front-office sources.

Although the full details of the offer sheet are unlikely to be known until Monday, when the contract is submitted to the league office, sources told ESPN.com that the deal Moon signed Friday spans at least two years.
The Miami Heat will have seven days to match the offer once it's formally processed, but Cleveland would appear to have a good chance of landing Moon given Miami's well-chronicled desire to avoid new contracts longer than one year to protect its 2010 salary-cap space.
There are exceptions to that policy, as evidenced by Miami's well-chronicled attempts to sign Lamar Odom away from the Los Angeles Lakers. The Heat, though, have multiple players at Moon's position -- Daequan Cook, James Jones and Yakhouba Diawara -- even if they don't land Odom, raising doubts about their ability to keep him.
After trading for Shaquille O'Neal and signing Anthony Parker to take their payroll beyond the $80 million mark, Cleveland has spent the past week looking for free-agent bargains as it tries to add depth at the wing positions and find a power forward that can stretch the floor with his jumper. The Cavs had been linked in recent days to forwards such as Rob Kurz and Sean May before signing Moon.

Triz
nerd.gif

i dont think we need any 'power moves'

66 wins. the same core is there, added a few parts and we should be ok. i dont know who you all think we should have picked up.

postin all those rolling faces, not like we were gonna get bosh for joe smith. get the hell outta here

Originally Posted by belle155

i dont think we need any 'power moves'

66 wins. the same core is there, added a few parts and we should be ok. i dont know who you all think we should have picked up.

postin all those rolling faces, not like we were gonna get bosh for joe smith. get the hell outta here
The "power moves" comment was a joke, because someone was talking about the Cavs doing "power moves" this summer earlier inthe thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Parker is a fine addition to the squad. Moon falls under the "If he plays more than 20 MPG on your squad, you're in trouble" category.

no doubt. i know its all jokes but the act is tired. i wasnt talkin to you btw. thanks for postin the article too. the fact is unless we get unlucky w injurieswe will be right there in may/june. depending on things fall out, we will be one of the last 4, 2, or 1 team standing.

Let's be real though. Moon + AP playing defense is a lot better than Sasha + Wally. So that in itself is a win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Let's be real though. Moon + AP playing defense is a lot better than Sasha + Wally. So that in itself is a win
laugh.gif
Yeah I mean they got Shaq, who has had his best season in a long time last year.

Then they upgrade two players who didn't have an impact at all last year.

AP will be good for their back-court, give them someone with some size who can defend the two/three and can nail shots.

You guys can have moon. we have way too much people at that position

anyway, hopefully 1 more person by monday...

66 wins last year doesn't mean a thing... look at my Pistons the year they won 60 +... how many ECF's did we get whooped in
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

66 wins last year doesn't mean a thing... look at my Pistons the year they won 60 +... how many ECF's did we get whooped in
eyes.gif
That's why the Cavs upgraded three pieces on their team. Good moves I'd say.

I know Bron can shift to PF, but they need to make a move for a PF that can stretch the floor.

Shaq, Varejao, Bron, West, Mo, Z, Hickson, AP, Boobie and maybe Moon isn't quite enough against the Celtics or Magic.

You all are acting like the Cavs aren't trying very hard this summer and saying they are just making little additions here and there
laugh.gif

They acquired Shaq which filled a position of need tremendously, AP and Moon are decent pickups as well and not to mention in the draft they got Danny Greenwho is a player that can come in and help out right away. There were rumors about them going after Ariza and Artest in late June/early July but that didn'tpan out obviously. I dislike the Cavs, but they've had a successful off-season in my opinion.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hey you never know how things will pan out. those guys are all older than the cavs 'core' outside of shaq whose minutes will be limited. it might beORL/BOS for ECF semis. too early to guess but im pretty happy with what we've done so far. i think bron hurt the team tho by not signing that extension. we all knew he wouldnt but like it was said, why would artest or someone else sign here when he might be gone next summer? kobes locked up so that was a nobrainer for ron ron

Back
Top Bottom