NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I think all the moves they've mad are going to help, but once playoff time comes, I don't any of these guys taking pressure off Bron.

Then with us having KG healthy plus Sheed I feel like were right there with the Cavs again. The Magic added VC too.....if the cavs could have added Artest or Ariza I would say their still the best team in the east, but now its open. None of those guys are going to be HUGE impacts in the playoffs, and thats really where they needed help.

I'd take Magic and Celtics over Cavs. Each team has a bunch of guys that can score, Lebron will have to do too much again
I might be the only one but I'm just not a strong believer in the Magic. I was this year, but because of Hedo and Lee, both of which are gone.

Yeah they've improved in a lot of aspects and kept Gortat, but I don't know...
nerd.gif

I'd still take Cavs and Celtics over the Magic.

I think they can be better then both of them if they can figure out how to get all these guys shots, but then I look again and see its Vince Carter. He could%$*# their whole team up.

But I agree, I was opposed to the trade when they lost Lee I thought the core they had was really nice not too many guys needed the ball. We'll see....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I think all the moves they've mad are going to help, but once playoff time comes, I don't any of these guys taking pressure off Bron.

Then with us having KG healthy plus Sheed I feel like were right there with the Cavs again. The Magic added VC too.....if the cavs could have added Artest or Ariza I would say their still the best team in the east, but now its open. None of those guys are going to be HUGE impacts in the playoffs, and thats really where they needed help.

I'd take Magic and Celtics over Cavs. Each team has a bunch of guys that can score, Lebron will have to do too much again
I might be the only one but I'm just not a strong believer in the Magic. I was this year, but because of Hedo and Lee, both of which are gone.

nerd.gif

I see what you're saying..but.. a healthy Jameer Nelson still puts them at the top of the east with the Celtics IMO..

well JA21, thats what everyone said last year.
and stop making the smiley faces. it was a joke guys.
and i agree with the guy up there. moon+parker are solid additions, but it wont bring them over the top. they need a more solid contributor.

nerd.gif

I seriously don't understand this...

Hedo had a down year from the previous and Courtney Lee largely went unnoticed until the Cleveland series...and all of a sudden those two made you believers?

The team belongs to Dwight Howard...with Lewis and Nelson as his wingmen. Everyone else just has to fill a role and are expendable.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

nerd.gif

Hedo had a down year from the previous and Courtney Lee largely went unnoticed until the Cleveland series...and all of a sudden those two made you believers?

The team belongs to Dwight Howard...with Lewis and Nelson as his wingmen. Everyone else just has to fill a role and are expendable.
Nelson+Carter+Lewis+Bass+Howard>Nelson+Lee+Hedo+Lewis+Howard IMO.

Originally Posted by heat23

Artest Reaches Out To Odom

Jul 19, 2009 8:49 AM EST

Ron Artest says that he has reached out to Lamar Odom in hopes that the forward can still work out a deal with the Lakers.

"I hope that helps," said Artest. "I already reached out to him and will (again)."

Artest's remarks came after Dwyane Wade made public comments in an attempt to persuade Odom to return to Miami.

Via New York Daily News

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
Isn't that somewhat pointless? I mean, Artest & Odom have been boys for over a decade... but if there's no deal for him to sign,there's nothing he can do.

If the Lakers want Odom back, Bryant, Artest & Gasol need to meet with Jerry.

I'm not talking about Playoffs, I'm talking about the regular season. Hedo was the second best player on that team, and Lee was a rising star. Cournteywas good since the beginning of 09, only people that didn't notice are the people who only tune in for the Playoffs and their like wow who's this kid?

Vince can be good for that team, but he can also ruin it.

I don't see who's going to distribute on this team now. Jameer will never be an outstanding distributor. Hedo's versatility brought a lot to thatteam.

Even if the Magic click, I think next year if the Cavs are good again, that their back-court will be much better than they showed this past off-season.

There is still no one who can stop LeBron James on the Magic, he averaged damn near 40 points against the Magic, and I really don't see Mo/Lonte doing thatbadly again.

And you bring Shaq on the team to replace Ben Wallace, and then replace Sasha Pavlovic with Anthony Parker, and Wally Suckiack with Jamario Moon potentially?

Parker+Shaq are two very nice upgrades that give them some length, I like their moves.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

nerd.gif

Yeah, it's Dwight's team. I don't see this year's Finals team getting us back to the Finals though. That's why these moves were made. Sofar the Cavs offseason moves look more like they are just trying to match up with Boston. I still wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs have the best record inthe East again.
t
s

CAN WE GET GIFS 4 KOBE'S REACTION 2 LOSING 2 PHELPS TONIGHT ON ESPYS??????

GREAT TOOLS 4 UPCOMMING SEASON............................................................................................

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

GREAT TOOLS 4 UPCOMMING SEASON............................................................................................

LOL yeah Kobe couldnt believe he didnt get that last award

Originally Posted by jmause3

i missed it.....what award was it?
laugh.gif
......can't wait to see the gif lol

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by jmause3

i missed it.....what award was it?
laugh.gif
......can't wait to see the gif lol

he lost playoff performance of the year award and also male athlete of the year award........im not sure what else i didnt see the whole show
but those two that i did see.......perfecto.......got him!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KOBE CRYIN'S GIF WOULD BE USED 4 SUM1 WHO FELT IT WAS THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE SOMETHING YET IT JUSTLY WAS GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE.......EXTRA DISSAPOINTMENT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KOBE'S SUCH A NON-REAL AND NON-FUNNY RAT-LOOKING CORNBALL.....MAYBE THOSE TRAITS ARE PRE-REQUISITES FOR WHAT THE GIF IS BEING USED FOR.

I have watched Parker for the last 3 seasons and Moon for 1.5 seasons. Parker is extremely limited offensively, all he'll do is stand in the corner andwait for a pass to take a 3...something that the Cavs already have. Parker has steadily declined on D and he's not good enough defensively to lock downVince or Ray Ray in a 7-game series. As for Moon, he's athletic...but thats about it. His basketball IQ is as bad as Zach Randolph's. He'd be moreeffective offensively if he was on a running team which would allow him to score a ton of baskets on the fast break but that wont be happening a lot on a teamlike Cleveland. One thing I got to give him credit for is that he's a decent rebounder although he wont be getting that many rebounds when guys like Shaq,Z, Varajeo are on the court.

Neither one of these guys are significant additions to the Cavs. Acquiring Shaq has been the Cavs best move this summer.

Back
Top Bottom