NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Knicks are sitting ducks
smh.gif

What do NYK fans want the team to do? Add some players and limit cap space in order to make a run at 7th or 8th in the East and get demolished in the 1stround?

The team has been crap for a while now, 1 more year wont be so bad. This time next year you'll have another lottery pick on the roster along with boatloadsof cash to throw at free agents. July 2010 isn't that far off.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I have watched Parker for the last 3 seasons and Moon for 1.5 seasons. Parker is extremely limited offensively, all he'll do is stand in the corner and wait for a pass to take a 3...something that the Cavs already have. Parker has steadily declined on D and he's not good enough defensively to lock down Vince or Ray Ray in a 7-game series. As for Moon, he's athletic...but thats about it. His basketball IQ is as bad as Zach Randolph's. He'd be more effective offensively if he was on a running team which would allow him to score a ton of baskets on the fast break but that wont be happening a lot on a team like Cleveland. One thing I got to give him credit for is that he's a decent rebounder although he wont be getting that many rebounds when guys like Shaq, Z, Varajeo are on the court.

Neither one of these guys are significant additions to the Cavs. Acquiring Shaq has been the Cavs best move this summer.
Co-Sign. Parker isn't that much of an upgrade over Sasha. He's so up and down and like Carlos said he just waits in the corner. And Moonis half ratarded, you guys are gonna hate having him on the floor when he subs in for LeBron. Moon is worthless in half court sets.

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by jmause3

CAN WE GET GIFS 4 KOBE'S REACTION 2 LOSING 2 PHELPS TONIGHT ON ESPYS??????

GREAT TOOLS 4 UPCOMMING SEASON............................................................................................

LOL yeah Kobe couldnt believe he didnt get that last award

i missed it.....what award was it?
laugh.gif
......can't wait to see the gif lol

he lost playoff performance of the year award and also male athlete of the year award........im not sure what else i didnt see the whole show
but those two that i did see.......perfecto.......got him!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KOBE CRYIN'S GIF WOULD BE USED 4 SUM1 WHO FELT IT WAS THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE SOMETHING YET IT JUSTLY WAS GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE.......EXTRA DISSAPOINTMENT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KOBE'S SUCH A NON-REAL AND NON-FUNNY RAT-LOOKING CORNBALL.....MAYBE THOSE TRAITS ARE PRE-REQUISITES FOR WHAT THE GIF IS BEING USED FOR.
damn dude ur obsessed with kobe...arent u in the lakers thread crying about the same thing? didnt know espys were that important to somepeople
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What do NYK fans want the team to do? Add some players and limit cap space in order to make a run at 7th or 8th in the East and get demolished in the 1st round?

The team has been crap for a while now, 1 more year wont be so bad. This time next year you'll have another lottery pick on the roster along with boatloads of cash to throw at free agents. July 2010 isn't that far off.
the knicks don't have a 1st round pick next year. I think the jazz have it. We may not even have boatloads of cash to offer because of the capthat could shrink up to 10 percent
sick.gif
. So things aren't looking toogreat. I agree though, no need to make a foolish off season signing to make a run at 8th seed.

thank isiah

and the espy's are a bs popularity contest. They are in no way relevant

Somebody from ESPN tweeted about why Boozer won't come to NY; the Jazz have NY's first round pick for next year, which is unprotected. Why would theJazz trade Boozer to NY and decrease their chances of getting a high draft pick?

Second, Nash is close to signing that extension with PHX. FML.

Courtney Lee was a rising star?

He was a 23 year old rookie, on a very good team assigned to specific roles.

regardless of that, What part of his game can he really expand that much more?

Is him being the next John Starks all that impressive?

If I were the Magic I would have much rather kept Ryan Anderson.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by jmause3

CAN WE GET GIFS 4 KOBE'S REACTION 2 LOSING 2 PHELPS TONIGHT ON ESPYS??????

GREAT TOOLS 4 UPCOMMING SEASON............................................................................................

LOL yeah Kobe couldnt believe he didnt get that last award

i missed it.....what award was it?
laugh.gif
......can't wait to see the gif lol

he lost playoff performance of the year award and also male athlete of the year award........im not sure what else i didnt see the whole show
but those two that i did see.......perfecto.......got him!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KOBE CRYIN'S GIF WOULD BE USED 4 SUM1 WHO FELT IT WAS THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE SOMETHING YET IT JUSTLY WAS GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE.......EXTRA DISSAPOINTMENT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KOBE'S SUCH A NON-REAL AND NON-FUNNY RAT-LOOKING CORNBALL.....MAYBE THOSE TRAITS ARE PRE-REQUISITES FOR WHAT THE GIF IS BEING USED FOR.
damn dude ur obsessed with kobe...arent u in the lakers thread crying about the same thing? didnt know espys were that important to some people
laugh.gif

seems to me hes the one crying around here
eyes.gif
...hes on the Laker threadcrying and hes in the espys thread crying...the ironic thing is...his team are the biggest crybabies of them all
laugh.gif

Olympiacos have set theireyes on Denver Nuggets forward Linas Kleiza. The club is looking for a replacement for Giorgos Printezis who signed with Unicaja and Kleiza lookslike a good option. Redplanet.gr reports that the player is asking for 3.5 million euros per season which is more than Olympiacos are willing to pay to securehis services. TalkBasket.net

"My hope is that weget (Anthony Carter) and (Linas Kleiza) back in a happy manner," Karl said. "Free-agency right now, both of them are looking for a better deal thanwhat is out there. Maybe they'll get it, maybe they won't. I would like to keep our team fairly intact from last year along with (Arron)Afflalo and Ty. I think that would be a good step. Our improvement is going to come with our younger players mostly meaning Nene, Melo and J.R (Smith). Peopledon't understand that we are a fairly young basketball team. The nucleus, we have four or five guys under the age of 25 or 26 years of age. They made somebig steps last year, but there is still a window of improvement there." HoopsWorld

The Indiana Pacers will not match the four-year, $20 million offer the Toronto Raptors made to restricted free agent Jarrett Jack, Jack told TheIndianapolis Star in a telephone interview late Sunday night. "It took a minute, but I was able to secure a contract for four years,"Jack said. "I'm looking forward to playing with Chris (Bosh) again. It will be like our freshman year (at Georgia Tech) all over again." Indianapolis Star

Warrick is confident he'llbe back in the mid-South helping the Grizzlies become a more respectable team. But nothing is certain, so he will continue to remain anxious."They definitely said they wanted me back so it's trying to come up with a good number and getting together and seeing how much it's going tobe," he said. "They definitely said they want me back and I am part of the plans." FanHouse.com

http://

I guess my post from my phone disappeared

Twitter.com/sportsunplugged

Somebody post that trade proposal. How credible that thing is, I dunno, but, Scoop Jackson is a part of it.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Somebody post that trade proposal. How credible that thing is, I dunno, but, Scoop Jackson is a part of it.
Ok

Source: Gar is active n 3way trade wit Htown and Utah: TyThomas, KFesenko to Htown. CBoozer to Chi.SBattier, JJames, and CLaundry to Utah.about 14 hours ago from web

SportsUnplugged

Gery Woelfel: Knicks will likely usemid level to land Bucks RFA Ramon Sessions. Could make an offer by Tuesday or sooner. Twitter.com

TheKnicks are trying to reel in Lee for $7 to $8 million per season. Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said of the Knicks negotiations:"We're not close to a deal right now." New YorkPost

& also, Charlie V plans on tweeting during Halftime
grin.gif
tired.gif

Battier playing defense for Jerry Sloan?
grin.gif
sick.gif

God, Utah is already a huge pain in the #$%, this will just make it worse.
smh.gif

Heat, you know if one of Bron's nuts swings, OC gon post it, come on.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Ok

Source: Gar is active n 3way trade wit Htown and Utah: TyThomas, KFesenko to Htown. CBoozer to Chi. SBattier, JJames, and CLaundry to Utah.about 14 hours ago from web

SportsUnplugged

Gery Woelfel: Knicks will likely use mid level to land Bucks RFA Ramon Sessions. Could make an offer by Tuesday or sooner. Twitter.com

The Knicks are trying to reel in Lee for $7 to $8 million per season. Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said of the Knicks negotiations: "We're not close to a deal right now." New York Post

grin.gif
tired.gif

If they offer Sessions all that money would the Bucks be able to match that?

Lee and Ryan were both being looked at by both teams during the draft last year. Both teams nearly drafted the players they traded for.

I think what people forget in all of this is that The Nets still have THREE players from last years draft that can become great players in this league.

We also have Twill from this year to add to YI (He is older but still his age states he is like 22 so I will stick to it. lol.) the Nutcase Sean Williams whois 21. (He has looked good and has stayed out of cell phone stores this summer)

And for those who think C. Lee is starting from day 1, well hope that CDR is injured or plays horrible in the pre-season because we still have him too. TheNets are not going to be as good as last year right now on paper but they have developed a nice young nucleus of guys that will hopefully develop nicely.

I just think though with all of the money problems that this team has and the Draft picks we have the next two years to three years. (3 first round picks withthe possibilty of a 4th and 2 second round picks that could turn into 3 - Golden state pick is lottery protected for another 2 seasons and if they are still inthe lottery, we get 2 second round picks.) we will be the Oakland A's of the NBA.

Brook, C. Lee, and Probably TWILL are the only Untouchables the Nets have right now. Devin they would trade if they got the right player in return. (ex:All-Star type player)

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Ok

Source: Gar is active n 3way trade wit Htown and Utah: TyThomas, KFesenko to Htown. CBoozer to Chi. SBattier, JJames, and CLaundry to Utah.about 14 hours ago from web

SportsUnplugged

Gery Woelfel: Knicks will likely use mid level to land Bucks RFA Ramon Sessions. Could make an offer by Tuesday or sooner. Twitter.com

The Knicks are trying to reel in Lee for $7 to $8 million per season. Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said of the Knicks negotiations: "We're not close to a deal right now." New York Post

grin.gif
tired.gif

If they offer Sessions all that money would the Bucks be able to match that?

They can match if they want to since he's restricted. I believe they won't though since they have 62mil in salaries already.

I'm sorry but what does this crap have to do with NBA OFFSEASON? Are you lost?
Umm maybe because it's what goes on in the offseason?
laugh.gif
Why are you so bent out of shape about it? It's one post!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Kinda how you do me?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Battier playing defense for Jerry Sloan?
grin.gif
sick.gif

God, Utah is already a huge pain in the #$%, this will just make it worse.
smh.gif

Tell me about it
smh.gif
....dude's a slurper to say the least

franchise3, Who's JJames that HOU would begiving up? Did he mean JWhite?

James Jones from Chicago to Utah.

Cost cutting move for Houston as both players numbers come off the books after this season. Ariza slides to his natural position, the 3. Still, I'd muchrather have Utah include the Knicks 1st round pick.

2 lottery picks, more room to sign a big time FA, and hopefully a healthy Yao for 2010.

On the flipside, Shane Battier and Brewer is pretty solid defensively, and that's a pretty solid starting 5 for Utah, with Landry, AK47 and CJ Miles offthe bench.

Back
Top Bottom