NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Now on to some REAL cavs news:

Seven-day clock on Jamario Moon offer sheet started last Friday

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel
11:35 AM EDT, July 20, 2009

As it turns out, the Miami Heat has been on the clock for days, with time already growing short with its decision on how to handle the offer sheet extended by the Cleveland Cavaliers to restricted free agent forward Jamario Moon.

While word of the offer sheet did not come out until Sunday, the Heat actually received the offer sheet Friday evening.

Teams have seven days to decide whether to match such an offer or lose the player. That deadline for the Heat, therefore, is this coming Friday.

The Heat is expected to bypass matching the offer, since the multiyear contract would conflict with the desire of Heat President
Pat Riley to maximize the team's salary-cap space for 2010 free agency.

During the waiting period, the parties involved, in this case Moon, the Cavaliers and the Heat, can work on alternate contract options and the offer sheet can be withdrawn.

However, should the Heat match the offer sheet, it then would not be able to trade Moon until mid December, and then only with his permission for one year.

Ira Winderman can be reached at [email protected].

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

^
Man, that article is garbage. I could pick that article apart but don't feel like getting another team added to my hater label by Mike.
laugh.gif

Model franchise.
roll.gif
roll.gif

He should tweak the last sentence, to win not just now, but win just regular season games for years to come.
laugh.gif

It ain't an article smart guy. Anything else you wanna assume?

laugh.gif

Wow. So you posted a non article in a rumors thread, that had no rumors in it? Way to be playa
roll.gif

???

Somebody didn't eat their Wheaties this morning. Cranky and off base.

Take a break folk.

For cognizant people, the post is from a Cavaliers scout who works closely with the team.

laugh.gif
, Mike.

That rumor, on Twitter. I posted the link, twitter.com/sportsunplugged

I mentioned it, because Scoop Jackson is part of that Twitter feed. Of course it's just a rumor, but I think it's a good deal for everybody. The RealGMChicago board has a 19 page thread discussing it. They're saying, getting Boozer without including Hinrich? Sign us up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Courtney Lee was a rising star?

He was a 23 year old rookie, on a very good team assigned to specific roles.

regardless of that, What part of his game can he really expand that much more?

so because of age he cant expand his game? his mid range jumper is $$ already and if he can expand his range he could become even better. he can attack the rimbut didnt do much of that like half that magic team

CDR sucks he is NOT starting over lee

^
Man, that article is garbage. I could pick that article apart but don't feel like getting another team added to my hater label by Mike.
laugh.gif

Model franchise.
roll.gif
roll.gif

He should tweak the last sentence, to win not just now, but win just regular season games for years to come.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wow. So you posted a non article in a rumors thread, that had no rumors in it? Way to be playa
roll.gif

???

Take a break folk.

For cognizant people, the post is from a Cavaliers scout who works closely with the team.

Did too......

^
laugh.gif

Model franchise.
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

???

Take a break folk.

Did too......

eek.gif
Got'em
roll.gif

Originally Posted by djkaos23

^^ damn it my clippers are doing alright but at the same time f'kin up. Dont get me wrong AI would provide scoring and fill seats but give me ramon sessions and a defensive wing that would start so thorton could be the 6th man. If we do something in that nature we could be more competitive win more games and the seats will fill themselves. Sterlings trying to make money, dunleavy as the GM seems to want to get players in that would improve the team. They are pissing me off on day and getting me upbeat the next. I also think dunleavy has ran his course as head coach. just be the GM. stop trying to be Pat Riley.
It's good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Thornton should come off the bench. Also, I prefer Sessions over A.I. butwon't complain if we end up signing The Answer.

No, not solely his age, but what part of his game sticks out to you that can improve a ton?

He's not a GREAT athlete, he's a 6'5 2 guard....and he's not a big time scorer. Never has been. He's a well rounded player who will besolid for years, but anyone thinkin he's gona be a star is on drugs.

^
laugh.gif

Model franchise.
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

???

Take a break folk.

Did too......
d7b26302455ef7a7007e9ef4a4cf6609d7214fe3.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- CP

CDR will surprise alot of people this year. If I have to choose one player to be a JRAIN for this year, it is him.

He has the skill and just gets to the hoop

With no VC, he will have tons of playing time. (Especially if we start Hayes this year at SF instead of Simmons.)

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- CP

CDR will surprise alot of people this year. If I have to choose one player to be a JRAIN for this year, it is him.

He has the skill and just gets to the hoop

With no VC, he will have tons of playing time. (Especially if we start Hayes this year at SF instead of Simmons.)

I think he will, he just needs PT. He has all the tools from ball-handling, defense, toughness, wingspan, good first step, body control, etc. The fact that hedoesn't have a lot pressure on him and is already under the radar will cause him to have a better season.

Lee will no doubt have a solid career, but he's not going to be a star. He can definitely be a solid starter for years to come though and may or may notmake one all-star game in his career. He probably won't though.

Originally Posted by heat23

^
laugh.gif

Model franchise.
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

???

Take a break folk.

Did too......

eek.gif
Got'em
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

not sure if its true, but i just heard q rich to the wolves for telfair, craig smith and madsen

If true, the Clippers put together weird talent. The whole roster just looks weird.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom