NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Sessions is a bum?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Ramon Sessions pretty much is Mo Williams, just less of a shooter (volume and productivity) and better distributory (by a little)
I'm not quite sure about the last part.

Mo got the ball distributed decently when he was on the Bucks, but when Ramon was in there the offense flowed much more smoothly. I think "by alittle," is definitely not giving Ramon enough credit.

And I feel so bad for my dude Mo... Dude's in the NT doghouse.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm curious to see what the Celtic's do with the rest of their off-season, they're apparently getting Marquis Daniels (
sick.gif
), but if they lose BigBaby, I think they still need one more big to back-up Perk/KG.

I just don't wana be a homer.

He gets time those 7.5 assits as a Buck will bump up to 9 or 10 under D'Antoni.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Miami Heat: Wade isn't giving up on Odom
[/h3]
[h3]
> Posted by Ethan J. Skolnick on July 21, 2009 02:58 PM[/h3]

Dwyane Wade is seeking some help on the floor and entertainment on the plane.

"Lamar can tell stories, you know," Wade said Tuesday afternoon, at his second annual RRA Dwyane Wade Basketball Camp at Nova University. "He had me mesmerized on a lot of flights."

That was Wade's rookie year.

Five years later, Wade is still hopeful that Odom will accept his sales pitch and re-join the Heat. The Heat has reportedly made Odom an offer that would give him the mid-level exception for five years. After taking Florida's tax laws into account, it would be close to the roughly $9 million per year that Odom reportedly was offered by the Lakers.

"I know he's got a tough decision to make with L.A., but our door is open," Wade said.

Wade said Odom gave him no time frame: "Lamar is on his own time, his own schedule. And I don't think (anyone) knows when he's going to make a decision. That's L.O. We know that in Miami. At the end of the day, we want him to make a decision that is best for his family."

Wade read the comments of Carlos Boozer, his good friend, the Utah Jazz forward who said at his own camp Monday that he wanted to play for the Heat.

"Well, I don't know if that's because of the team or the city," Wade said. "But we love that this is an attractive place for free agents or people who just want to be involved in what we're doing. We do a lot of positive things here. This is a great organization to be a part of, not only a great city. So that's the easy part. The other part is to get people down, and to make sure it's the right people as well. And that's Coach Riley's job."

While Wade praised Boozer, saying "he's what you want," he reiterated that "Lamar right now is our big focus. We want to make sure we get Lamar and then go from there."

Wade's sales pitch to Odom?

"Come home! Come back!"

Wade characterized his relationship with Odom as "great," even if they haven't seen each other that much.

"I am so happy that he won a championship and went to L.A. and had success," Wade said. "And I think coming to Miami that year really had a lot to do with his growth, his maturing, and I was a part of that. And when he left, you always felt at that time that, you know, he might come back. I felt that at the time. And now we got the opportunity. I'm just happy he's even contemplating it. And hopefully, we can make all that come true."

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I just don't wana be a homer.

He gets time those 7.5 assits as a Buck will bump up to 9 or 10 under D'Antoni.
Yeah, my whole thing with Ramon is the guy only played 26-27 minutes a game, if he boosted it to 30-36 a game, he'd easily average 10 pergame, with or without a coach like Mike D'Antoni.

He definitely needs to work on his jumpshot though.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Statement of the year.

under

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

You gonna take a stab at teaching me how much the Magic suck and have fallen behind the Cavs. Don't be like OC and go ghost like he did yesterday.

laugh.gif
the Cavs don't even seem scary anymore. The Magic and us just have so much more depth then them its unfair.

Its amazing Ferry did so little to keep Lebron in town. Moon, Parker, Shaq
laugh.gif

We seem pretty set for the rest of the off-season. So happy Ainge went out to get Marquis Daniels after Rasheed. We needed someone off the bench. Hopefully weget to keep Big Baby, but im sure he'll leave since we can't offer as high on the MLE as Detroit.

Originally Posted by CP1708

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Statement of the year.

under

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

You gonna take a stab at teaching me how much the Magic suck and have fallen behind the Cavs. Don't be like OC and go ghost like he did yesterday.
W T F are you talking about?! I never said the Magic have fallen behind the CAVS. I said IMO, we match up with them better than last year/have abetter chance (& that they are still better than us).

Originally Posted by SCuse7

laugh.gif
the Cavs don't even seem scary anymore. The Magic and us just have so much more depth then them its unfair.

Its amazing Ferry did so little to keep Lebron in town. Moon, Parker, Shaq
laugh.gif

We seem pretty set for the rest of the off-season. So happy Ainge went out to get Marquis Daniels after Rasheed. We needed someone off the bench. Hopefully we get to keep Big Baby, but im sure he'll leave since we can't offer as high on the MLE as Detroit.
I guess I'm the only one who sees them as a potential threat outside of CLE fans.
nerd.gif

I just have memories of Bron beating that whole Pistons team, and he has a whole hell of a lot more help now then he did then, and that Pistons team was noslouch....

And if only Wade hadn't gotten to the line so often....

(Living in the past
smh.gif
).

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Statement of the year.

under

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

W T F are you talking about?! I never said the Magic have fallen behind the CAVS. I said IMO, we match up with them better than last year/have a better chance (& that they are still better than us).

It was you goin on and on about Vince being a drop from Hedo wasn't it? If I got that wrong, I do apologize. But since you here, tell me again how youmatch up better this upcoming season? I'm not seein that, please, enlighten me.

^Hating on the CAVS is the norm on NT. It's whatever...Shaq, Parker & Moon are VERY solid additions. I have no %%+*!+% clue what else you expected outof Danny Ferry. Blame the Artest/Ariza situations on LBJ if anyone...

JA, the Magic aren't the Pistons though.

Those Pistons lived a TON off reputation. See Billups rep as clutch as hell, but never doin nothin in the conference finals like 6 outta 7 times.

Bron was unreal in that series, but somebody on that Detroit team shoulda stepped up and hit a shot. Magic got a bunch of them guys.

I just have memories of Bron beating that whole Pistons team, and he has a whole hell of a lot more help now then he did then, and that Pistons team was no slouch....
boston got to many vets to fold like that pistsons team and we all know the magic got more heart then that. look at what they went through allpostseason heart breaker after heart breaker

^Hating on the CAVS is the norm on NT. It's whatever...Shaq, Parker & Moon are VERY solid additions. I have no %%+*!+% clue what else you expected out of Danny Ferry. Blame the Artest/Ariza situations on LBJ if anyone...
Shaq? Yes, solid but not totally equalling a one, two punch with LeBron.
Parker is a nice addition, but Moon? Hes ok, very streaky.

With the Magic and Celtics making big moves, I dont see the Cavs making it to even the ECF.

JDB, remember though, I'm not basing nothing off just that one series.

They beat Philly without D12 for a game. Was that in Philly? I thought it was, but I could be off on that.

They took out Boston in a game 7 on the road.

They gave LA fits. They could have won that series if Jameer was healthy from the start of the postseason instead of the start of the series.

They weren't hot for one series against you guys, they were hot for 2 and a half months. And they won 59 games. And did well against both you guys, and LA in the regular season. This team is not even remotely a fluke. Peitrus was hurt most of the season, Jameer obviously was as well.
They have a little better luck this year, D12 gets a little better, and the rest of the guys just play the same way, add in Barnes, Anderson (whoever he is
laugh.gif
) and Bass, and they are easy to win 60 + and be just as good in the playoffs if not better.
eek.gif
+1 to you sir

^Hating on the CAVS is the norm on NT. It's whatever...Shaq, Parker & Moon are VERY solid additions. I have no %%+*!+% clue what else you expected out of Danny Ferry. Blame the Artest/Ariza situations on LBJ if anyone...
Ok, but do you truly think Cleveland matches up perfect with Orlando or better with the additions they have made compared to the additions yourteam has made?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm not getting into it.
laugh.gif

I'm not sure if this was posted yet.
[h1]Agent: Steve Nash agrees to 2-year extension[/h1]
By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer Jul 20, 4:56 pm EDT

FILE -- This is a March 8, 200…
AP - Jul 20, 3:41 pm EDT

PHOENIX (AP)-Steve Nash(notes) and the Phoenix Suns have agreed on a two-year, $22 million contract extension, his agent said.

Bill Duffy confirmed the agreement Monday in an interview with The Associated Press.

The deal will keep the two-time MVP point guard under contract with the Suns through the 2011-2012 season.

The 35-year-old Nash, entering his 13th NBA season, had one year left on his contract that would pay him $13 million next season.

The agreement first was reported by ESPN.

The Suns and Nash had been in negotiations for several weeks on a deal that would keep him in Phoenix. He will be 38 when the contract expires. He is expected to sign the agreement later this week.

Under the agreement, $6 million of the final two years of the contract will be deferred, with $3 million being paid in each of the two years following the expiration of the contract, Duffy said.

The deal was pushed closer to completion last Wednesday when owner Robert Sarver met with Duffy in Las Vegas to sweeten the team's earlier offer.

The Suns lured Nash to Phoenix in 2004 in a celebrated effort that included a flight to Dallas by then-owner Jerry Colangelo and a host of representatives of the team. When Mavericks owner Mark Cuban balked at re-signing Nash, at age 30, at the amount he wanted, the point guard signed a five-year, $65 million contract with Phoenix.

What followed were the best years of Nash's career as the maestro of the high-octane offense of then-coach Mike D'Antoni. He was named the league's MVP in 2005 and 2006 and was a first-team all-NBA selection in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

When D'Antoni left the Suns for the New York Knicks after the 2007-08 season, Nash struggled with the slower style of new coach Terry Porter. When Porter was fired at the All-Star break and replaced by assistant Alvin Gentry, the Suns returned to the speed game, a factor that no doubt figured into Nash's decision to re-sign.

When Gentry was kept on as coach after the season, Nash made his feelings known on his Twitter account.

"Really happy that the Suns re-signed Alvin Gentry," Nash wrote. "Great coach and great person."

Nash will stay with a team that faces an uncertain future after failing to make the playoffs for the first time since he rejoined the team. All-Star Amare Stoudemire has one year left on his contract and wants the maximum in any new deal, something the budget-conscious Suns may not be willing to do.

Nash had to be convinced the team was willing to take steps to become a contender again, Duffy said. He said the team has assured Nash he will be consulted as the Suns make future moves, the agent said.

If Stoudemire does leave, the Suns will have the money to be a player in the lucrative free agent market after the coming season.

Nash, born in South Africa and raised in Victoria, British Columbia, was the Suns' first-round draft pick in 1996 and was traded to Dallas in 1998. He has averaged 14.4 points and eight assists in his pro career.

In the last five years with Phoenix, Nash has averaged 17.1 points and 10.8 assists per game. He has shot better than 50 percent from the field and 43 percent from 3-point range in all five seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...mp;prov=ap&type=lgns

Nike, I don't even hate on the Cavs, I just remember what a loooooooong year it was with all the Cavs/Bron riders goin crazy after each regular season win. And for that, they are now suffering a little.

I throw jokes out that mean nothin, do that all the time, but when I'm speakin on them as a team, I'm not hatin at all, I'm talkin based on whatI've seen or read, that's it. When I compare you guys to Orlando, it's ugly for you guys. When I break you down against Boston, it's ugly foryou guys. You'll do great during the season, sure, Bron will win plenty of games for you, but when the real season starts, and teams focus and prepare andhave the same amount of rest days and what not, they will expose you guys 10 fold.

And fyi when you have fans come in and post stuff that says how they are the model of the league, and be prepared to win for years and years and years, that@#$% don't help ya'll. It just feeds people like me even more and gives more ammo to us.
laugh.gif

Recap, ya'll good for 3rd best in the East, out in the 2nd or 3rd round depending on where you seed at. If you get in that 2-3 seed, you're donesecond round. If you can get the 1 again, it will look just like last years playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom