NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Let Lebron get hurt for a month and let Dwight Howard get hurt for a month and see which team has the better record.
laugh.gif

JDB, remember though, I'm not basing nothing off just that one series.

They beat Philly without D12 for a game. Was that in Philly? I thought it was, but I could be off on that.

They took out Boston in a game 7 on the road.

They gave LA fits. They could have won that series if Jameer was healthy from the start of the postseason instead of the start of the series.

They weren't hot for one series against you guys, they were hot for 2 and a half months. And they won 59 games. And did well against both you guys, andLA in the regular season. This team is not even remotely a fluke. Peitrus was hurt most of the season, Jameer obviously was as well.
They have a little better luck this year, D12 gets a little better, and the rest of the guys just play the same way, add in Barnes, Anderson (whoever he is
laugh.gif
) and Bass, and they are easy to win 60 + and be just as good in theplayoffs if not better.

^I'll give you that, I can't really argue anything you just said. And you're absolutely right about being hot for 2.5 months. They just reallyseemed to have clicked at the right time I guess. I'm sure as hell not saying (and have NOT said) the Cavs would beat them in a 7-game series, but it'snot going to be a sweep either. Not that anyone said Orlando would sweep CLE
laugh.gif
but you get my point. Regardless this year's playoffs are going to beinsane, maybe even better than last year, and as a basketball fan I can't complain about that.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Regardless this year's playoffs are going to be insane, maybe even better than last year, and as a basketball fan I can't complain about that.
Yep.

I could care less about the regular season at this point in time after some of these moves that have been made.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Stephen A again reports Bron is gone and Shaq is adamant about retiring a Knick.

he is one of the few that has said this from day one and is still saying it. plus most of the time screaming A info is 100% correct

AM830 Roger Lodge says his sources say Lamar met with Dr. Buss in a room and will stay with the Lakers for 4 years/$40M - @KTLAMorningShowabout 2 hours agofrom web

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Gortat, Anderson, Barnes, Pietrus and Johnson is a passable starting five in the East if you think about it
laugh.gif
Whoa, whoa, (Joey) WHOA (Joey). Let's not get crazy
laugh.gif

???

So LO and his agent are mum on the 3 year 30M deal and the 4 year 36M deal, so Buss takes the offer off the table, only to now, 2 weeks later offer 4 years and40M? This when nobody out there can bid against Buss, as, nobody can, or will offer LO 10M a year. So, why outbid yourself?

because he knows that the lakers wont win $+$* with out LO

and what was the heats offer? 5 years 36m?

Not bad, I would take the extra 4 mill from the Lakers to come off the bench at 10 million a year.

Dude has no pressure to win sixth man award either.

May need that extra 4 mil to get those Gummy Bears and Gushers that he eats.

Yeah the Heat's offer is 5-34M. Same thing Artest and Ariza got.

True Buss must realize they can't win without LO and is now supposedly offering what he's offering.

LO needs to hurry up and sign. 10M for 4 years is basically what he wanted all along, minus 1 year.

Originally Posted by franchise3

???

So LO and his agent are mum on the 3 year 30M deal and the 4 year 36M deal, so Buss takes the offer off the table, only to now, 2 weeks later offer 4 years and 40M? This when nobody out there can bid against Buss, as, nobody can, or will offer LO 10M a year. So, why outbid yourself?

This is just a guess, Odom wanted the 5th year, Buss did not.

So they came to a stalemate, went quiet, and now they are both giving a little back, Buss keeps the 5th year out, but gives up an extra mill or so a year for 4years. Sound reasonable?

Still no flat out proff yet though, but the Laker thread is blowing up that people are getting texts and what not, but no confirmation as of yet.
mad.gif

Guess it was fake after all.

There's no way LO gets 10M a year from LA now. Before all of this went downhill, they supposedly already agreed to 9M per, it was just a matter of howlong.

Dude is gonna have to settle for a 3 year 27M deal from LA, or, the MLE from Mia, then opt out after three years and hope for another payday.

We need to get this crap done already. The wait is killin me.

Why the Knicks fans don't come in here? Apparently Sessions is getting an offer to join them?
nerd.gif

Nice PG to put next to Bron.

Ramon Sessions pretty much is Mo Williams, just less of a shooter (volume and productivity) and better distributory (by a little)

Back
Top Bottom