NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

andersen and watson are garbage. im glad cj is off the warriors... the guy does bonehead plays. never liked pietrus. barnes is average but can get hot attimes. i like bass though. VC can still light it up. it goes celtics then magic then cavs...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

andersen and watson are garbage. im glad cj is off the warriors... the guy does bonehead plays. never liked pietrus. barnes is average but can get hot at times. i like bass though. VC can still light it up. it goes celtics then magic then cavs...
I wouldn't consider Anderson and Watson garbage.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by SCuse7

laugh.gif
the Cavs don't even seem scary anymore. The Magic and us just have so much more depth then them its unfair.

Its amazing Ferry did so little to keep Lebron in town. Moon, Parker, Shaq
laugh.gif

We seem pretty set for the rest of the off-season. So happy Ainge went out to get Marquis Daniels after Rasheed. We needed someone off the bench. Hopefully we get to keep Big Baby, but im sure he'll leave since we can't offer as high on the MLE as Detroit.
I guess I'm the only one who sees them as a potential threat outside of CLE fans.
nerd.gif

I just have memories of Bron beating that whole Pistons team, and he has a whole hell of a lot more help now then he did then, and that Pistons team was no slouch....

And if only Wade hadn't gotten to the line so often....

(Living in the past
smh.gif
).
I'm with you. I think Cleveland made some nice upgrades this off-season; nothing headline-grabbing but still solid. They're just going toremain quiet until the season starts and hope everyone overlooks them because of their loss to the Magic. But I can see them being a problem in the East nextyear.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Nuggets to trade Weems for Bucks' Malik Allen[/h1]
The Nuggets have agreed to a trade that would net them veteran power forward Malik Allen from the Bucks in exchange for Sonny Weems and Walter Sharpe, an NBA source said Tuesday afternoon. The trade will likely become official later in the week.

The 6-10 Allen averaged 3.2 points off the bench for Milwaukee last season, playing in 49 games. He has been in the league since 2001, with a career average of 5.4 points per game. With question marks surrounding Steven Hunter - and Johan Petro yet to be re-signed - Denver's only other reserve low-post player is Chris Andersen.

Denver had high hopes for the athletic Weems, but he missed training camp with injuries and struggled during the recent summer league, playing inconsistently with a rusty shooting touch.

"Sonny is an athletic player that's got to learn how to play basketball," Nuggets coach George Karl told the Post during the summer league.

"At times it looks like he's taking that step, and then at times it doesn't look like he's taking that step. He has 10 days here at summer league. He's going to have to figure out his niche. He's got the talent to play in the league. The question will be: Does he have the mind to play in the league?

"I think, in general, this summer and September and October will be very important to him."

Nuggets have been quiet this summer...guess they're still a financial bind.

I was saying Cleveland isn't that scary after seeing Orlandos roster.

Any of the 3 teams could win the East still. As much as I don't think the Cavs did enough to help them in the playoffs,

Lebron can do a lot for that team no matter who else is on the team

Damn matt barnes to the magic??!!! I am extrmely happy with what my team has done this off-season. yea i must admit i wasnt all too happy about letting C. Leego (SCREW TURK) but i honestly think our team will be better next season Howard, Jameer, Rashard, Vince, B-Bass, Pietrus, and now Barnes!!! It feels good to bea magic fan right now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'd take CJ Watson in that uptempo offense backing up Nelson than Anthony Johnson though
Yep. Either one would be good. I would take AJ though since he doesn't turn the ball over, good bball IQ and just does the right thing as aveteran.

CJ can definitely score though and can play uptempo. That's what makes Orlando so scary. They can do just about any damn thing with their roster.

^^^^

pimp.gif

I'm willing to bet that he's going to be a good thing for the Grizz this season. There's a lot of things I've heard and took into considerationwith Z-Bo. He's a follower and judging by his past teams, I can see why he did some of the things he did. I just looked at a lot of these things the pastfew weeks and don't think he will actually be that bad surrounded by positive players.

Anybody willing to bet that he actually has a good season for Memphis and significantly improve their win total?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

^^^^

pimp.gif

I'm willing to bet that he's going to be a good thing for the Grizz this season. There's a lot of things I've heard and took into consideration with Z-Bo. He's a follower and judging by his past teams, I can see why he did some of the things he did. I just looked at a lot of these things the past few weeks and don't think he will actually be that bad surrounded by positive players.

Anybody willing to bet that he actually has a good season for Memphis and significantly improve their win total?
Thing is Zach has never been a bad basketball player. But he is a black hole for teams that he plays for.

Originally Posted by sterrett02

^^^^

pimp.gif

I'm willing to bet that he's going to be a good thing for the Grizz this season. There's a lot of things I've heard and took into consideration with Z-Bo. He's a follower and judging by his past teams, I can see why he did some of the things he did. I just looked at a lot of these things the past few weeks and don't think he will actually be that bad surrounded by positive players.

Thing is Zach has never been a bad basketball player. But he is a black hole for teams that he plays for.

That's what I'm really placing my bet on that he won't be the black hole that he's been proclaimed to be. He's no more than a black holethan Hakim Warrick. Statistically, Hak shoots the ball more and passes the ball a lot less than Z-Bo ruining the offense.

I got trust in the coach and Conley to run the offense fluently and this is by far the most talented team Memphis has ever had regardless or their currentchemistry. What's missing from the team that the old Grizz playoff teams had is veteran leadership, great chemistry (which they should have since theyshowed it at the end of the season last year), excellent outside shooting and great defense/coaching.

Randolph is 28 now and is about to have a newborn daughter. He's in a city that he can relate to other people easily and they would appreciate histoughness and image like they did with Bonzi Wells and J-Will. I just honestly believe he will help Memphis dramatically improve.

Two things will seal Memphis fate as it relates to playoffs.

One is OJ Mayo.

The other is Rudy Gay.

The better they get the better the grizzlies as a whole get. Nothing else really matters at this point.

^^^^

pimp.gif

I'm betting that things don't end well for Z-Bo and Memphis.

He starts jacking up shots, the teams start losing and players start pointing fingers.

It's been that way every place he goes and I have no reason to believe that Memphis will be any different.

Back
Top Bottom