NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

I'm in the minority, but i like the TT signing for dallas...

Kidd will provide him w/ open looks and he can def knock down the open shot. You saw how good nash made him look in phoenix.

The Mavs will have a very versatile lineup on the floor at all times.

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Dampier

Barrea
Terry
Green
Thomas
Gooden

If I'm Dallas, I would start Gooden, Dirk, Matrix, Howard and Kidd and have Dampier, Thomas, JET and Barea off the bench.

Lose some defense and rebounding with no Dampier in the starting five, but Gooden would make the starting five more versatile and athletic
grin.gif

Looks like our 12-man rotation will be..

Kidd/JJ/Beaubois
Howard/JET
Marion/Ross
Dirk/TT/Humphries
Dampier/Gooden

About 8 of our guys can play two different positions,
laugh.gif

We have so many guys that aren't even going to make the active roster.

Buckner, Carroll, Jawai, Williams, not to mention we own the rights to Nivins, and Shan Foster.

If I could I'd bump TT and Humphries for Nivins and Foster.

But I still expect a minor trade to clear up all that damn clutter.

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h3]The wait could be over by Tuesday[/h3] [h4]July 27th, 2009, 12:51 pm · 19 Comments · posted by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]
John Ireland reportedly said on ESPN 710 radio this morning that Lamar Odom would sign with the Lakers sometime in the next couple of days. Ditto the info coming from the Miami Herald, which echoes the time frame I got from the conversations I had over the weekend.

The wait could be over soon.

Just signed already!!
mad.gif

Emeka?

After nearly trading Tys for Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, or Ben Wallace, this is a pleasant surprise.

A front-office move I support? Blasphemy...

Why does this make sense for the Bobcats? Chandler is not better then Emeka. It can't be because of cap space because aren't they under the cap (or atleast very slightly above it)?

dirk, tim thomas played good team ball last year.

idk how much of that was d'antoni, but he did..

I just don't like TT. He just doesn't seem like a good fit for our team and just can knock Dow. Some shots. If anything we needed a penetrator.

Former Indiana Pacers teen prodigy Jonathan Bender is plotting an NBA comeback after a injury-forced retirement. Bender left the Pacers midway through the 2005-06 season because of persistent knee troubles that limited him to just 237 games in seven NBA seasons. But he recently revealed his intent to put a growing business career on hold to give professional basketball one more shot. "My potential is still enormous and I can still do a lot for a team," Bender told ESPN.com. "If it happens, then everything flows. And if it doesn't, at least I tried." ESPN.com
"I thought about it last year for last season, but I was still doing a lot of learning and having fun with my various projects," Bender said by phone over the weekend. The No. 5 overall pick in the 1999 draft said he was encouraged by cousin Morris Peterson of the New Orleans Hornets and various friends to make a comeback. "I didn't want the windows to close on me," Bender said. "I wanted the opportunity to fight off the demons inside my head ... I read these articles that say, 'He's the top bust' or 'He's one of the guys who didn't live up to their potential.' I don't want to be 38 or 40 looking back thinking, 'I should've done this.' " ESPN.com

THE 7-FOOT SLASHER
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

tupac003 wrote:
[h3]The wait could be over by Tuesday[/h3] [h4]July 27th, 2009, 12:51 pm · 19 Comments · posted by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]
John Ireland reportedly said on ESPN 710 radio this morning that Lamar Odom would sign with the Lakers sometime in the next couple of days. Ditto the info coming from the Miami Herald, which echoes the time frame I got from the conversations I had over the weekend.

The wait could be over soon.

I dont see it ANYWHERE on the herald. The only ditto I see is the time frame part.

Tim Thomas ?
laugh.gif
Cubes, what are you doing?

[h2]Cavs Having Ongoing TalksWith LeBron[/h2]
Jul 28, 2009 7:24 AM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliers have had ongoing talks with the agent for LeBron James about a contract extension.

Cleveland is believed to have offered James, the NBA's reigning MVP, an extension of up to three years on July 18, the first day they were allowed.

James has a player option for the 2010-11 season, and has until June 30, 2010 to extend his deal or pick up the option.

"We've talked to [agent] Leon Rose, but beyond that I don't really want to comment," Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry saidMonday.

Via ESPN

Nets, Pacers and Celtics talking three team trade.

Big Baby and Daniels would be involved.

The Nets have two trade exceptions and YI is not involved.

Back
Top Bottom