NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

[h1]Pacers Give Watson Multi-Year Dealhttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60853/20090728/pacers_give_watson_multi_year_deal/[/h1]

[h3] [/h3]

Jul 28, 2009 4:58 PM EST

Watson_Earl_okc.jpg
The Indiana Pacers announced Tuesday they have signed veteran point guard Earl Watson to a multi-year contract.

Per club policy, terms of the contract were not released.

The 6-1 Watson is an eight-year veteran who played last season with Oklahoma City. He averaged 6.6 points and 5.8 assists per game for the Thunder and in his career averages 7.3 points and 4.6 assists per game. Watson attended UCLA and was a second-round pick (40th overall) of Seattle in the 2001 NBA Draft. He has also played with Memphis and Denver in addition to the Seattle/Oklahoma City franchise.

I guess they found their replacement for Jack.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Why does this make sense for the Bobcats? Chandler is not better then Emeka. It can't be because of cap space because aren't they under the cap (or at least very slightly above it)?

Chandler and Emeka are about equal, IMO, but Chandler is a pure 5, which the Bobcats needed. Plus Chandler's contract comes off the books two years before Emeka. They key for the Bobcats though, is will they get Iverson?
nerd.gif
See that's the thing, I don't think Chandler is better then Emeka. Chandler got real lucky that Paul was there to set him up so much. Ireally see Emeka being a 18 ppg 10 rpg type guy with Paul.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Why does this make sense for the Bobcats? Chandler is not better then Emeka. It can't be because of cap space because aren't they under the cap (or at least very slightly above it)?

Chandler and Emeka are about equal, IMO, but Chandler is a pure 5, which the Bobcats needed. Plus Chandler's contract comes off the books two years before Emeka. They key for the Bobcats though, is will they get Iverson?
nerd.gif
See that's the thing, I don't think Chandler is better then Emeka. Chandler got real lucky that Paul was there to set him up so much. I really see Emeka being a 18 ppg 10 rpg type guy with Paul.
I thought Chandler ran well for a big man which equals to points from CP3 - whether by a fast break or alley.
The style they played there really benefited Chandler.
Can Emeka hold up?

I'm thinking 12-15 PPG and 10-12 RPG for Emeka Okafor, which isn't that much better than Tyson Chandler.

Chris Paul will make it easier for him, but Okafor is "robotic" and not as athletic as Chandler. He actually gets his shot blocked a lot due to hissize and lack of explosion too.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by raptors29

I like the Tim Thomas signing. The Mavericks are now better than the Nuggets IMO.

laugh.gif

It's your opinion, so can't go wrong with that.

Let me take that back they replaced Jones with Afflalo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I like the Tim Thomas signing. The Mavericks are now better than the Nuggets IMO.

laugh.gif

It's your opinion, so can't go wrong with that.

Let me take that back they replaced Jones with Afflalo
laugh.gif

Even with all the changes the Mavs have done they are still not better than the Nuggets. Seriously, the only move that Denver needed to do this offseason wasre-sign Chris Anderson...which they did. Denver is a western conference contender, and Dallas is just a pretty good playoff team.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Yo what the @$!$?!?!?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

29hb9s.jpg

Yi took the Chinese super solider serum
laugh.gif
VC3 wasn't lying.
laugh.gif

I thought it might have just been the angle of the pic at first.

Goddamn Yi.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, Yi been hitting the gym. For him to look like that might be a surprise but at the same time not really because he's expected to be wayyy better thanhow he displayed his play last year. How long has it been since the playoffs started? About 3 months? Dude "looks" like he's out to show whathe's made of.

Best luck to him next year.

laugh.gif
Too bad he doesn't need those arms for jacking up jumpers all day like he does.
laugh.gif

And watch North Korea PS Kim Jong Il's face on Yi's body in that pic.
laugh.gif

I guess i got the bad pic for the Nets thread. lol.

Brook said he looked good and that he was out powering him on some post moves when they were together in the gym in early July. He was also shocked hedeveloped post moves. lol.

Now lets hope YI can develop even more to be a machine.

Or just a 15 point scorer.

Back
Top Bottom