NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Diogu is a solid pick-up for the Hornets.

In one of the last games of the regular season, he killed the Nuggets. (Same game JR Smith went 11-18 from 3)

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If Skiles had a hard time dealing with Villanueva, I don't know what he's going to do with Hak lol.
roll.gif

I hope they don't plan on starting him either.

Oh man, if the Hornets can get Diogu
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude's over at hornetsreport.com would go crazy

EDIT: I'm hearing it's a 1 year + team option for 2nd year. Around 1.5 mil

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

why do i always feel like the Cavs always hold press confrences at local middle schools?
laugh.gif
It's prolly cause LeBron accepted his his MVP award @his High School (Akron SVSM).

And for the dude who asked where Moon stands on the depth chart, he'll probably be our 8th man (behind Delonte & Big Z).

Williams' agent, Calvin Andrews, confirmed to Pro Basketball News on Wednesday afternoon his client will sign with the Memphis Grizzlies within the next few days. The point guard will get a one-year deal for the NBA minimum of $855,189.

"They have a need for another point guard,'' Andrews said. "And, after playing with (the Grizzlies during the summer league in Las Vegas), he's very comfortable with them and the coaching staff."
Well...so much for that veteran PG I wanted.

Diogu is officially a Hornet

This is probably how their minutes will get dispersed

PG- Paul 36 mins. / Collison 10 mins. / Thornton 2 min
SG- Butler 26 mins./ Thornton 8 mins. / Posey 8 mins / Collison 6 mins.
SF- Wright 18 mins./ Peja 20 mins/ Posey 10 mins
PF- West 35 mins./ Diogu 8 mins / Posey 5 mins
C- Okafor- 35 mins / Hilton 8 mins / Random Lame center 5 min

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hornets rob a bank? All of a sudden they got money to add instead of dumb players?

laugh.gif
I am thinking the same thing, from wanting to dump players to addingsalaries. I'm happy for them though, Paul needs better players around him.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Diogu is officially a Hornet

This is probably how their minutes will get dispersed

PG- Paul 36 mins. / Collison 10 mins. / Thornton 2 min
SG- Butler 26 mins./ Thornton 8 mins. / Posey 8 mins / Collison 6 mins.
SF- Wright 18 mins./ Peja 20 mins/ Posey 10 mins
PF- West 35 mins./ Diogu 8 mins / Posey 5 mins
C- Okafor- 35 mins / Hilton 8 mins / Random Lame center 5 min
hornets have a good starting line up now

What's everyone's take on Ike? I know he has a decent low post game, good FT shooter, has the wingspan of someone that is 7' 4" and when givenminutes can put up good numbers.

I'm sure DX is happy to have someone that can spell him, instead of playing 40+ minutes at the end of the season.

From my inside info within the Hornets Org. is that Hilton is pretty much gone (therefore we need a backup C). Also, we're looking to package a deal withone of our bad contracts (AD, Mo, Devin Brown or Posey) with someone like Sual or Julian for a player.

Lastly, Julian Wright is correct. Everything that I have heard is that the Ike deal is for one year with a team option and the price is around 1.5 mil.

So right now the roster looks like this with these current players under contract:

CP3/Collison/AD/Brown
Sual (if not traded)/Thorton/Mo Pete & Brown (again if not traded) I think we'll have another SG before the season or before the trade deadline
Wright/Peja/Posey
DX/Ike/Posey/Wright
Okafor/Hilton (won't be here 90% sure)/Marks (will over vet min)/Future FA C

I think if anything our bench has to be better than last year. I don't see how they could get much worse. Collison is a very good PG and if Mo is here andcan return to form from two seasons again will be decent, then bring in Peja off the bench that should add a spark in scoring and allow Pos to do what he'salways done and be a reliable bench player, playing 20-22 minutes per (unlike last year where he was asked to do to much), then Ike will add a nice low postgame and rebound. Only thing left is a decent C who can spell Okafor for 10 minutes a game and have Marks at the end of the bench.

Hornets still need an upgrade at the SG spot. But that need may have to be addressed later.

Ike Diogu is trash. He's been a bust since he was drafted.

The Warriors management continues to be pathetic and horrible.

Marco Belinelli to the Raptors, Devean George to the Warriors.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom