NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Marco Bellineli (Golden State) trade to Toronto for Devean George.

Raptors = The UN.

Why?
sick.gif

Marco about to blow up now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

The Warriors management continues to be pathetic and horrible.

Marco Belinelli to the Raptors, Devean George to the Warriors.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
w........................t...............................f........
indifferent.gif

Looking at it, George expires after this year, while Marco has another year left.

Still, I don't think it's worth it.

Making room for Curry I guess, while trying to shed some cap space for next summer.

Knew it was going to happen. Don Nelson absolutely hated Marco
smh.gif
. Hopefully he gets to play consistent minutes over there
frown.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Looking at it, George expires after this year, while Marco has another year left.

Still, I don't think it's worth it.

Making room for Curry I guess, while trying to shed some cap space for next summer.
It can't be that much cap space, I doubt George is making more than 2 - 3 mil. Bad move by the Warriors either way you look at it, IMO.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jason Williams Will Meet With Grizzlies[/h1]
Posted Jul 29, 2009 8:00PM By Tim Povtak (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Grizzlies, Knicks

Email Print

Text SizeAAA

jason-williams-heat-0720-150.jpg
Point guard Jason Williams, who is trying to return to the NBA after a self-imposed, one-year retirement, will be in Memphis this weekend for a meeting and a workout with the Grizzlies.

Williams, 33, is expected to formally clear waivers Thursday, making him an unrestricted free agent and available to any team in the league. The Clippers, who had signed him to a contract a year ago before he retired, waived their exclusive right to him last week.

The Knicks also have shown interest in Williams, according to NBA sources. Williams, who last played for the Miami Heat (2005-2008), has been working out in Orlando, where he makes his off-season home.http://

Williams was the starting point guard for the Heat when they won the 2006 NBA title.

Williams spent four seasons (2001-05) in Memphis, the last two when the Grizzlies reached the playoffs. His first season there may have been the best season of his 10-year NBA career when he averaged 14.8 points and 8 assists.

Williams signed his last NBA contract in August with the Clippers, only to change his mind, citing family reasons, and put himself on the league's voluntary retirement list. He forfeited his contract.

He asked for reinstatement last February, hoping to hook on with a contender, but failed to get the unanimous approval of all 30 teams that it would take to bypass the one-year requirement after retiring. Williams now will be eligible to play again on the one-year anniversary of his original retirement date, which was Sept. 26.

Williams averaged 11.4 points and 6.3 assists in his career, appearing in 53 playoff games. He came into the league with Sacramento and was named to the All-Rookie team in 1999, becoming one of the most popular players in the league because of his flashy style of play. Through the years, he toned down that style dramatically, particularly in Miami when he helped the Heat win a championship.

J-Will back in Memphis would be
pimp.gif
and
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

I think Belinelli will do very well with the Raptors.

I hope J-Will doesn't sign with the Grizzlies, but I don't know how in demand his services are, so I guess I should just be happy with his return tothe court.

good trade for marco. he'll get a good amount of burn there.
wasting his skill in gs
smh.gif
smh.gif

warriors management
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom