NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

[h2]Bowen, Stoudamire Waived ByMilwaukee[/h2]
Jul 31, 2009 5:08 PM EST

mil_40.gif
The Milwaukee Bucks have requested waivers on guard/forward Bruce Bowen and guard Salim Stoudamire, General Manager John Hammond announcedtoday.

Bowen was acquired from San Antonio on June 23 as part of the three-team trade that also brought the Bucks Kurt Thomas from San Antonio and Amir Johnsonfrom Detroit. Richard Jefferson was sent to San Antonio while Fabricio Oberto went to Detroit to complete the trade.

Via NBA.com

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]Bowen, Stoudamire Waived By Milwaukee[/h2]
Jul 31, 2009 5:08 PM EST

mil_40.gif
The Milwaukee Bucks have requested waivers on guard/forward Bruce Bowen and guard Salim Stoudamire, General Manager John Hammond announced today.

Bowen was acquired from San Antonio on June 23 as part of the three-team trade that also brought the Bucks Kurt Thomas from San Antonio and Amir Johnson from Detroit. Richard Jefferson was sent to San Antonio while Fabricio Oberto went to Detroit to complete the trade.

Via NBA.com
does this hurt or help the knicks chances of landing sessions?

For Immediate Release

Clippers Waive Mike Taylor

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Los Angeles Clippers today waived guard Mike Taylor

Taylor played in 51 games for the Clippers last season, making five starts and averaging 5.7 points, 1.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 15.1 minutes.
The first-year player was drafted by Portland on June 26, 2008 and then traded to the Clippers in exchange for a 2009 second round draft pick.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm surprised the Clippers waived Taylor.

He looked like a decent back up PG from what I saw.
Me too, I was a big fan of Taylor.

I guess they feel confident with the oft-injured B. Diddy & Bassy.

Taylor > Telfair

Yeah, the Clippers broadcasters always mentioned Taylor as a building block towards the future last season (with Eric Gordon and DeAndre Jordan).

Meeting between Miami Heat and free-agent guard Jamaal Tinsley called off

By Ira Winderman Sun Sentinel

7:33 PM EDT, July 31, 2009

A meeting between the Miami Heat and free-agent point guard Jamaal Tinsley is off.

Tinsley, who negotiated a buyout last week from the Indiana Pacers after being held out all of last season, was scheduled to meet with Miami Heat President Pat Riley this weekend.

Tinsley's hometown New York Knicks are considered a favorite for the veteran playmaker, and the Memphis Grizzlies and Philadelphia 76ers are also said to be interested.

I think Flash has one foot out the door, unless they can get Boozer.

taylor couldn't hit the rim in the summer leauge which is why i think they went after bassy and now waived him

Is anyone else still trying to make sense of that Okafor/ Chandler trade?

And Why aren't the Knicks busting down Jamal TInsley's door?

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

taylor couldn't hit the rim in the summer leauge which is why i think they went after bassy and now waived him
Smart management...

hey thats the clippers for ya
laugh.gif

all signs pointed to him been there back up PG untill after summer leauge

laugh.gif
Dude is 23 years old, gave you a solid rookie season... shoots bad in 5 summer league games, then gets the axe? Way to go, Mike (Dunleavy).

I feel bad for Clipper fans.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

laugh.gif
Dude is 23 years old, gave you a solid rookie season... shoots bad in 5 summer league games, then gets the axe? Way to go, Mike (Dunleavy).

I feel bad for Clipper fans.
They still make those?

Back
Top Bottom