NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Word out of Minneapolis is that Mark Jackson is the front-runner for the coaching spot.
Yep, and I'm on board with that.

There will be some doubters out there if we do hire him seeing as he'd be going straight from the television booth to a head coaching seat but there aremany reasons why I'd sign off on the hire. He strikes me as a guy that the players would really want to go out every night and play for...which is superiorabove all else in the NBA if you're a coach and you want to have success. Also, as a former PG who was successful in the league, he'd be able to mentorFlynn and possibly Rubio during the beginning stages of their career(s) and get them our on the right foot.

Kurt Rambis is also a possibility I'm hearing but I've always been under the impression that he's getting groomed out in LA for when Phil retires?Maybe not.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Word out of Minneapolis is that Mark Jackson is the front-runner for the coaching spot.
Yep, and I'm on board with that.

There will be some doubters out there if we do hire him seeing as he'd be going straight from the television booth to a head coaching seat but there are many reasons why I'd sign off on the hire. He strikes me as a guy that the players would really want to go out every night and play for...which is superior above all else in the NBA if you're a coach and you want to have success. Also, as a former PG who was successful in the league, he'd be able to mentor Flynn and possibly Rubio during the beginning stages of their career(s) and get them our on the right foot.

Kurt Rambis is also a possibility I'm hearing but I've always been under the impression that he's getting groomed out in LA for when Phil retires? Maybe not.

sick.gif

Mark Jackson would be a good look for the T'Pups. He's a charismatic dude, who's portfolio is legit. Those kids will play for him.

Jazz Notes:
The Utah Jazz and NBA by Ross Siler and Steve Luhm

[h1]Thursday, July 30, 2009[/h1]
http://
Did Grizz reject Boozer? Not so fast

ESPN's Marc Stein reported Thursday that the Memphis Grizzlies recently turned down a chance to acquire Utah's Carlos Boozer and instead traded for baggage-toting power forward Zach Randolph.

According to the report, new coach Lionel Hollins believed Boozer would stay in Memphis for only one season before leaving via unrestricted free agency in the summer of 2010.

As a result, the Grizzlies traded Quentin Richardson to the Clippers for Randolph, who they took because he is signed for the next two seasons.

Not so fast.

After reading the story, I talked to several people around the league and almost all had serious doubts whether the Jazz and Grizzlies came anywhere close to consummating a trade involving Boozer.

Without hesitation, one said said it didn't happen.

The Jazz are undoubtedly checking the market for Boozer. So is Boozer's agent, Rob Pelinka. But I can't come up with any trade scenarios involving Memphis that would have intrigued Utah, unless the Grizzlies would have been willing to put together some type of package involving O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay and/or Marc Gasol.

Did that happen? Not likely.

Even Memphis owner Michael Heisley wouldn't give up his franchise's fairly decent foundation for Boozer, even if he thought the Grizzlies could re-sign him.

Then again, Heisley ordered the Pau Gasol trade two years ago because he wanted to save money and -- now -- he'll be paying the often-troubled, ball-dominating Randolph $33 million over the next two seasons. That's just $1 million more than he would have had to pay Gasol, an All-Star center who also happens to be a good teammate.

Shrewd move, no?

One person I talked to put Randolph's presence on a team into perspective, saying Zach is the kind of player you want on the other side when playing "shirts and skins."

laugh.gif
@ giving up a package of OJ/Rudy and Gasol.

In other news...

Marc Gasol has lost some weight.
eek.gif
He's starting to look like Pau moreand more. Hopefully it'll improve his agility and he can probably guard some PF's now.

4zx35d.jpg

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What's new on the Memphis/New Orleans trade front?

Probably nothing. I would really like to Daniels and Posey/Butler off New Orleans hands though. Memphis has the capspace to absorb their salaries withoutgiving up much. Will Daniels even play much this season with ya'll drafting Collison?

I'm guessing the Bucks offered him a starting role. I know Cleveland offered him like 1.9 mil or something.

Stein and Bucher are so clueless it's hilarious.

They report over and over and over that Riles and Wade meet with Odom, Odom signs with LA, then they report that Riles and Wade never met with Odom.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Friggin clowns.

And Stein reports the Blazers offered Odom a 5/40 contract........yeah? How's that? Convince Stern to get rid of the salary cap? They have no money tooffer. Stupid idiot.
laugh.gif

LMAO ot the road to the west goes thru San Antonio from a few pages back.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those dudes can't ever beat us. 1 time this decade.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom