NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

LO was getting it poppin at playhouse, a club in hollywood last night.. Past 2 weeks Blake Griffin, LO, Sam Cassel, and Paul Pierce have been there

I'm going there tonight to get my boogie on. I'm ready to dance like its June 2001 and 2002 again.

roll.gif

What the hell

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Damn CP, you forgot all about Conley.
laugh.gif
Why are people writing this guy off so quick?

Conley/OJ/Gay/Arthur/Gasol/Thabeet/Young/Carroll/Haddadi <>Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Green/Weaver/Mullens/Ibaka/White

But, about the Randolph thing, 30% of his contract is deferred. So, instead of them paying him 17 mil next year they will be paying him around 12. I like the situation both teams are in right now. Memphis still has a ton of capspace with Randolph and Jaric contracts on the books. Once they contract comes off, they will have even more money. That's after they extend Rudy and they will have the money to extend Conley, OJ, Gasol.

I think that's the ONLY reason Heisley isn't making long-term commitments to guys like Lee/Millsap because he wants to make sure he can hold on to those core guys. It's hard to do when you're near the luxury tax, so I can give him credit for that. I just hope he actually do it.
I thiiiiiiink......yeah, I think Mike is going to handle your post, and not be nice about it.

I'll agree with Mike.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

LO was getting it poppin at playhouse, a club in hollywood last night.. Past 2 weeks Blake Griffin, LO, Sam Cassel, and Paul Pierce have been there
Heard nothin but good things about this spot
pimp.gif

its a straight miami type club.. maybe thats y LO came thru.. loll

best of both worlds

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Conley/OJ/Gay/Arthur/Gasol/Thabeet/Young/Carroll/Haddadi <>Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Green/Weaver/Mullens/Ibaka/White

But, about the Randolph thing, 30% of his contract is deferred. So, instead of them paying him 17 mil next year they will be paying him around 12. I like the situation both teams are in right now. Memphis still has a ton of capspace with Randolph and Jaric contracts on the books. Once they contract comes off, they will have even more money. That's after they extend Rudy and they will have the money to extend Conley, OJ, Gasol.

I think that's the ONLY reason Heisley isn't making long-term commitments to guys like Lee/Millsap because he wants to make sure he can hold on to those core guys. It's hard to do when you're near the luxury tax, so I can give him credit for that. I just hope he actually do it.
I thiiiiiiink......yeah, I think Mike is going to handle your post, and not be nice about it.

I'll agree with Mike.
laugh.gif

I could care less about what Mike says.
laugh.gif

His opinion is invalid because he's only watched probably 2 Grizz games last year.

I'm just going to let the development of these teams/players in the next year or two do the talking. If OKC ends up being head over hills better than MEM,I'll give them credit. But, if Memphis is simply the better team with their players developing well you know damn well I'm going to boast about it.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I love how bhz is the in-house Memphis expert.

CP: nice review, I think I agree with everything you said, but I doubt Toronto at the 4 spot also. I think Miami or Atlanta will take that spot.

Best Offseason:

. spurs-They got RJ FOR NOTHING, and he is a player that fits that spurs team GREAT, he scores better then bowen and plays better D then him at thistime. did great in getting Blair late in the draft and got Mcdyess for cheap. Still got key players in Manu,TD and parker. my only worry is what they going todo if manu goes down because he cant stay on the floor for !!@#. i think they should look at Luthur head or Van walfer see if they can get some cheap

2. Los Angeles Clippers- they got that cancer Zach Randolph off there team and for that alone i should make them number 1. They got some good role players incraig smith and Bassy in a trade. and when Baron Davis gets hurt again bassy is good enough to be a NBA starting PG. Blake Griffin Speaks for himself. AlThornton has GOT to go tho

3. Magic- wasnt a fan of the VC trade at 1st but i see why they did it since there was no shot at getting hedo. You upgrade the shooting guard postion withVC(i like lee but its a upgrade right now), bring your back up center back in case D12 gets hurt or you need to play big with more bigmen in the east now andbring a underrated role player in brandon bass over. moving lewis back to SF. and you get Matt Barnes who plays great in a up and down system

4. cavs- i hate the team and the state like they stole a girlfirend from me but a 66 win team got much better. they got shaq for NOTHING i really dont care ifyou think shaq will get hurt or whatever they got him for 3 bums you cant hate on that. they got 2 wing players in moon and parker who help them match upbetter with other teams wings and keeps bron off the other teams best scoring threat till the 4th.

5. Knicks- ya ya you guys are ant going to like this one and i can already here the !!@# talking
laugh.gif
the front office has a plane and that is to be MAJOR players in next years FAmarket and they have stuck to that plane and not fold over because the fans want them to sign a player or the media keeps linking players to them. all theywant is David Lee and Nate on 1 years deal and hell if they do that they will be a respectable team next year and still have a !!@# load of money

Worst Offseason

1. Detroit- like really what was the point of signing BG and Charlie V? i swear the whole point of getting AI was for cap space in 2010? just suckfor a year and lets see what your young players Will Bynum,stucky,daye, maxiell and summers got. you got enough vets in prince and rip to MAYBE get 8th seedagain. now you waste that money and now your a 5-7th seed team for the next few years. this better play at a fast pace

2. T'wolves- they very well could be the worst team in the NBA next year. From the HORRIBLE !!@# they did at the draft, from the stupid trades of bringingin all these vet players. your a rebuilding team that needs young talent stop bringing in 40 year old players that you have no use for. o and one more thingGET A %*!@!%% HEAD COACH

3. Suns- NO CP you can hate the %+$@ away with these fraud $%# bums cause there a joke
laugh.gif
. what happen to trading away player to save money right now? whats the point oftrading shaq away if all the moves you do after that show your still trying to be a playoff team? BLOW THE %*!@!%% TEAM UP. there is not one person thatbelives Amare will resign with them and hell they proably wont even try to resign him so they should have traded him already. Then you sign Frye and reallyhope frye and amare wont be starting togther because we can get some scrubs off this board and get a double double vs that front line
laugh.gif

4. Memphis- Zach Randolph END OF STORY then add in the fact that you draft a center when you already got a starting one, if gasol could play PF i would have noproblem with 2 bigmen like that but he is not quick enough to move up and down the court to guard some of the PF in the NBA and thabeet best defense role isgoing to be help D so you can't say well Thabeet can guard the teams power fowards. let this team sign AI and there moving to number 1 as the worseoffseason

5. Chicago bulls- had no problem with letting BG go because sorry his time had come and gone. but then you draft pretty much 2 PF in the 1st round, dont makethe trade for boozer and have no idea what you want to do with Tyrus Thomas. i want to beleive its all for us to be major players in next years FA market butim not sure at this point

Overrated Offseason:

Mavs-its like the pistons you had your window to rebuild and you choose to sign vets to long term deal and act like you have a shot at winning something nextyear. there not winning a title with this group so what was the point?

wiz- i just dont like what they did. i dont see how foye and Agent Zero work in the same backcourt, they play the same type of role. Its a roster full ofplayers with Question Marks about them(other then Butler and Jamison)

boston- for the reason that sheed puts them over the top again. WHY? like NAS says sheed ant done nothing the last 2 years but now he is going to turn itaround? and the thing about he guards D12 better the anyone is gone now because take a look at last years match ups D12 still went to work

OTHERS

raptors- im not buying the 4-5th seed talk but they have got better, and even if bosh leaves this team has a future unlike other ones COUGH*CAVS*COUGH

Hoston-yao out for the year is low key a good move. it takes that Tmac and Yao are the Future of the NBA talk and gets the rebuilding going. this team is goingto suck $%# BIG TIME but they will go to battle each night and put up a fight. it sucks they have no young talent so it may take awhile to turn it around. MyUCLA brother Ariza= a STAR on that team
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lakers- Artest is a better player then ariza, but ariza fits that lakers team better. Artest is saying all the good things now lets see if he keeps that up.they need another player off the bench IMO tho.

Heat- Mike Beasely Dwade staying in Miami is pretty much on how well you play next year IMO, if he goes ape !!@# they proably a 5th seed still but the futureis extra bright and dwade stays in south beach

bobcats- they going to shock people this team is built just how larry brown likes to build his teams, dont worry about Chandler people its pretty much hiscontract year so he will be heathly with career numbers
laugh.gif

Nuggets- Arron Affalo upgrade over jones, plays D and hell can %*!@!%% dribble the Basketball which jones couldn't do. im still not sold on this team tho

im done now go ahead and rip away

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

I'll agree with Mike.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Kevin Durant alone who is damn near a top 10 NBA talent makes itOKC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.memphis and it really is not close

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Grizz and OKC equal? lol

Like I said, its going to be very funny when OKC doesn't bring it this season and Memphis does. Just let their team development do the talking.

Best Off-Season:

I agree on most accounts with CP and Mike with the exception of a few.

Some things I would change is that Boston didn't have an overrated off-season. I don't think Rasheed puts them over the top, but they basically havethe same team returning that was doing very good before KG got hurt. Add Rasheed to the mix and they're right back in it. Yes, I know that their playersare aging, but what top team in the West don't have a bunch of aging players somewhere in their starting 5? Their main concern is injury, but when healthyI have no doubt in my mind seeing them go to the Finals again.

Detroit's off-season was horrible. They added two players that don't fit Detroit basketball of the last 5-6 years. It's going to be interesting tosee how adding that scoring, with no big men will do for them.

I can agree that Memphis could be in the bottom five of one of the worse off-seasons. They got Randolph who many people don't believe in. It's up tohim to prove his doubters wrong. I would've rathered seen the team go after another liable PF option via free agency, or just keep their money and continueto build on their bench. I also wasn't a fan of the Thabeet pick, but if you've seen pictures of Gasol lately from the ACB site, he has lost someSERIOUS weight. He's seriously close to having the same weight as Pau. More than likely you will see him play alot of minutes this year along with gettingminutes at PF. So, you might see more of Gasol/Thabeet next year. I still would've rathered took Evans/Curry/Derozan.

The Mavs off-season is definitely overrated. They will be no better (record wise and playoff positioning wise) than they were last season.
Kevin Durant alone who is damn near a top 10 NBA talent makes it OKC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.memphis and it really is not close

He's only as good as his team. If OKC suck for the next season or two, his individual achievements won't be valued as high. So, if Durant becomes atop 10 talent in the league next year and OKC barely improves and lacks improvement from the rest of their players then it won't mean much to me. Now, ifhe becomes a top 10 talent/player and OKC gets close to 40 wins and beats Memphis out record wise, then Durant >>>>> Memphis.

Until then, we'll let the season speak for itself.

2009 Marc Gasol

14blwms.jpg

2008-09 season Marc Gasol

2dltzyf.jpg

pimp.gif

Gasol lost weight. Gay and OJ put on weight.

Grizz and OKC equal? lol
found that funny too
laugh.gif
....i dont knock him for beingoptimistic, dude a bit delusional about it tho, gassing the Grizz in mad threads....OKC will be knocking on the playoff door next year, Grizz got some goodyoung talent, but will be top 6 lottery team again.

boston- for the reason that sheed puts them over the top again. WHY? like NAS says sheed ant done nothing the last 2 years but now he is going to turn it around? and the thing about he guards D12 better the anyone is gone now because take a look at last years match ups D12 still went to work

not too mention

- a year older: yall dont know how much Ray & P2 got left in the tank, and they'll have to play a lot of minutes again b/c they still dont have abench.

- who the hell said KG will be the player of old next year, why do everybody just assume this? Its a chance he could be done. He's a variable at thispoint.

- Still nobody to guard LeBron: D12 wasnt their problem last year, Perkins can guard D12 as well as anybody in the league already, Orlando won that series b/call around they are better/more talented. But yall remember what LeBron did to the Celtics in the reuglar season?
sick.gif
The Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs a couple years ago because James Poseywas their savior defensively vs LeBron. They have no one now, and it showed last year. The Cavs wouldve swept the Celtics last year if they wouldve beaten theMagic. That hasnt changed.

Winners
1. Orlando Magic
After a great run to the Finals, the Orlando Magic reload for another run towards the championship. They traded away future Hall of Famer Courtney Lee,veterans Tony Battie and Rafer Alston for Vince Carter. The Magic also lost Hedo Turkoglu to the Toronto Raptors, but signed forwards Brandon Bass and MattBarnes.

2. San Antonio Spurs
The Spurs know Tim Duncan's time is coming up soon, so they decided to spend the money necessary to compete for another championship. They traded spareparts for Richard Jefferson, signed reliable veteran Antonio McDyess and came away with possibly the biggest steal in the draft in DeJuan Blair. Kudos to R.C.Buford for another great off-season.

3. Los Angeles Clippers
The Clippers lucked out after a horrible 2008-2009 season by drafting Blake Griffin. They dumped Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies for Quentin Richardson,only to trade Richardson to the Minnesota Timberwolves for three decent-solid backups, improving their depth. If they can stay healthy and gel together, theycould make the playoffs.

Losers
1. Memphis Grizzlies
Where to start? First, the Grizzlies reached for a 7'2 project in Hasheem Thabeet when they already have a young, productive center in Marc Gasol. Theywasted most of their cap room in the Randolph-Richardson trade instead of signing a power forward in free agency like Paul Millsap or David Lee. Management andownership is failing the franchise. Again.

2. Portland Trailblazers
A hectic off-season it has been for the young Blazers. They had $9 million to spend this off-season and nearly had Hedo Turkoglu or Paul Millsap.Instead theysigned the always steady Andre Miller. He's a very good point guard that brings experience, but he can't shoot past 18 feet and needs the ball in hishands to be effective.

3. Detroit Pistons
Wasted almost $90 million on three players who may never get into an All Star game (Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva and Chris Wilcox). Luckily, the Pistons haveenough established talent with their new additions to stay in the playoffs. If it gets them any farther than the second round, I'll be surprised.

Incomplete
1. Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade campaigned to bring in veterans Lamar Odom and Allen Iverson, but the Heat have failed thus far. Odom is back with the Lakers and Iverson is offthe radar for now. Carlos Boozer is a player that could provide Wade and the Heat with an established post presence since Jermaine O'Neal is a shell of hisformer self.

2. Cleveland Cavaliers
On one hand the Cavaliers have quietly had a nice off season acquiring the productive Shaquille O'Neal, versatile Anthony Parker and athletic Jamario Moon.On the other hand, the Cavs still didn't address their needs at power forward or their lack of athleticism (outside of LeBron James and the new acquiredMoon). Is it enough to get LeBron a championship next season?

3. New York Knicks
The Knicks drafted promising big man Jordan Hill and explosive guard Toney Douglass but have remained quiet on the free agency front. David Lee and NateRobinson are still free agents at the moment. They got burned by Jason Kidd and Grant Hill, and are reportedly going after Ramon Sessions or Allen Iverson. Notsure what is ahead for the Knicks.

Westbrook>>Conley
Durant>>>Rudy
Green>Gasol

Where are you getting that Memphis is better? All your saying is wait for player development, acting like OKC doesn't have the better core in Westbrook,Durant, and Green and that OKC doesn't have other young talent in Harden, Mullens, Weaver, and White. I like OKC's young talent more then Memphis.

[h1]Celtics waive Gabe Pruitt[/h1]By Mark Murphy
Saturday, August 1, 2009 - Added 19h ago

After spending two seasons with the Celtics [team stats], point guard Gabe Pruittwas put on waivers last night.

The Celtics had until today to pick up the option on the final year of his contract, worth approximately $900,000, but declined. Pruitt, a highly skilledpoint guard out of USC, never managed to crack the Celtics' rotation, in part because coach Doc Rivers often questioned his aggressiveness.

"Gabe wasn't getting a lot of time on the court with us, but we feel he can still be an NBA player," Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said.

Pruitt also upset members of management in February when he was arrested in Los Angeles on a drunken-driving charge hours before the team signed veteranpoint guard Stephon Marbury. But Pruitt impressed coaches with a relatively strong performance in the Orlando Summer League last month.

Pruitt played in 62 games during two seasons with the Celts, averaging 2.0 points.

The decision comes as the Celtics face a numbers crunch to clear roster space for free agent swingman Marquis Daniels.

"Yes, Marquis is coming in and we like him a lot," Ainge said, "but this move was just because there wasn't going to be a lot ofopportunity for Gabe in this lineup."

Pruitt's departure may enhance rookie guard Lester Hudson's chance of making the team. The Celts' second-round pick currently is unsigned andrecovering from finger surgery.

"Well this means there is one less player to deal with," Ainge said. "We like Lester and what we've seen from him, but we're stillundecided."

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Westbrook>>Conley
Durant>>>Rudy
Green>Gasol

Where are you getting that Memphis is better? All your saying is wait for player development, acting like OKC doesn't have the better core in Westbrook, Durant, and Green and that OKC doesn't have other young talent in Harden, Mullens, Weaver, and White. I like OKC's young talent more then Memphis.

found that funny too
laugh.gif
....i dont knock him for being optimistic, dude a bit delusional about it tho, gassing the Grizz in mad threads....OKC will be knocking on the playoff door next year, Grizz got some good young talent, but will be top 6 lottery team again.

roll.gif

People kill me when they say stuff like this. You completely left Mayo out of your little comparisons. Why would you take Green over a productive 24-year oldcenter who averaged 12ppg, 7.4rpg, 1.1bpg on 53% shooting? Gasol would kill any big man on OKC's roster. You can't even compare a hybrid PF to a legit7'0 center anyway. I would take the center anyday.

It's not about being optimistic, but people seriously underrate Conley and Gasol and what to automatically assume OKC > Memphis. Westbrook received alot of press last year because of how he came on strong during the 2nd half of the season. Conley was averaging around 15/6/6 without a legit post presence andno outside shooting.

If some of you are so confident that OKC will be knocking on the playoff window next year and Memphis will be some top 6 lottery team, then go ahead and makethat bet. I've been waiting on somebody to step up and show how confident they're in OKC, but everytime I bring it up people ignore it. I've beensaying all summer long that OKC and MEM records will be close to identical next year.

Carroll/Young/Thabeet/OJ/Arthur is definitely better than Harden/Weaver/Mullens/White. It's not even funny. I've said many times, I like OKC talent. Ithink they will be a good team, but it amazes me how people assume OKC completely destroys Memphis when they have yet to see how these two teams will pan outnext season.

roll.gif

People kill me when they say stuff like this. You completely left Mayo out of your little comparisons. Why would you take Green over a productive 24-year old center who averaged 12ppg, 7.4rpg, 1.1bpg on 53% shooting? Gasol would kill any big man on OKC's roster. You can't even compare a hybrid PF to a legit 7'0 center anyway. I would take the center anyday.

It's not about being optimistic, but people seriously underrate Conley and Gasol and what to automatically assume OKC > Memphis. Westbrook received a lot of press last year because of how he came on strong during the 2nd half of the season. Conley was averaging around 15/6/6 without a legit post presence and no outside shooting.

If some of you are so confident that OKC will be knocking on the playoff window next year and Memphis will be some top 6 lottery team, then go ahead and make that bet. I've been waiting on somebody to step up and show how confident they're in OKC, but everytime I bring it up people ignore it. I've been saying all summer long that OKC and MEM records will be close to identical next year.

Carroll/Young/Thabeet/OJ/Arthur is definitely better than Harden/Weaver/Mullens/White. It's not even funny. I've said many times, I like OKC talent. I think they will be a good team, but it amazes me how people assume OKC completely destroys Memphis when they have yet to see how these two teams will pan out next season.

low blow. OKC has no real, PRODUCTIVE center, although kristic/collision are both solid backups. neither are tarting material though.

more like you're overrating
eyes.gif
roll.gif
conley is good, but you seem tobe makin it seem like dude would be an all star in a few years.

OKC is a good team, but they lack a veteran presence, and once they get that and maybe a better bench, ill make that bet with you.
but memphis aint in a much better position. identical records, yes, but you cant deny that OKC was way more talent (AND future picks) then memphis.

um. what are you comparing honestly. who got the better bench? talent? Harden/OJ are not bench players, maybe that tall dude tabeet or whatever. if you'recomparing talent, you cant honestly leave westbrook, green, and most importantly, durant. if you're not comparing either of those two, lets just say imlost
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

roll.gif

People kill me when they say stuff like this. You completely left Mayo out of your little comparisons. Why would you take Green over a productive 24-year old center who averaged 12ppg, 7.4rpg, 1.1bpg on 53% shooting? Gasol would kill any big man on OKC's roster. You can't even compare a hybrid PF to a legit 7'0 center anyway. I would take the center anyday.

It's not about being optimistic, but people seriously underrate Conley and Gasol and what to automatically assume OKC > Memphis. Westbrook received a lot of press last year because of how he came on strong during the 2nd half of the season. Conley was averaging around 15/6/6 without a legit post presence and no outside shooting.

If some of you are so confident that OKC will be knocking on the playoff window next year and Memphis will be some top 6 lottery team, then go ahead and make that bet. I've been waiting on somebody to step up and show how confident they're in OKC, but everytime I bring it up people ignore it. I've been saying all summer long that OKC and MEM records will be close to identical next year.

Carroll/Young/Thabeet/OJ/Arthur is definitely better than Harden/Weaver/Mullens/White. It's not even funny. I've said many times, I like OKC talent. I think they will be a good team, but it amazes me how people assume OKC completely destroys Memphis when they have yet to see how these two teams will pan out next season.

low blow. OKC has no real, PRODUCTIVE center, although kristic/collision are both solid backups. neither are tarting material though.

eyes.gif
roll.gif
conley is good, but you seem to be makin it seem like dude would be an all star in a few years.

OKC is a good team, but they lack a veteran presence, and once they get that and maybe a better bench, ill make that bet with you.
but memphis aint in a much better position. identical records, yes, but you cant deny that OKC was way more talent (AND future picks) then memphis.

um. what are you comparing honestly. who got the better bench? talent? Harden/OJ are not bench players, maybe that tall dude tabeet or whatever. if you're comparing talent, you cant honestly leave westbrook, green, and most importantly, durant. if you're not comparing either of those two, lets just say im lost
laugh.gif

Ask the guy who responded to me who he's comparing. He the one that compared Conley/Gay/Gasol with Westbrook/Durant/Green when its clear that OJ is themost known player on the team.

And Bangdak trust me, I'm not overrating Conley. I was on his %$* (nh) more than some of you were during the season because of his lack of production. OnceHollins took it over he start killing. The only thing he really needed was for the coach to stop hawking him (Iavaroni) and let him play ball. He shot 45% fromdowntown the last 2 months of the season and he showed improvement in a lot of areas.

It's just unfair to ride him off that quickly when he's only played 135 games through two seasons and had to battle it out with other young PG's toearn his spot. If Conley builds off of what he did the 2nd half of the season averaging close to 15/6/6, I wish somebody would call him a bust. A 21-year oldPG averaging anything close to that is far from a bust. Look how long it took Devin Harris, Steve Nash, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups to develop. Thisseason is his most important season because he finally has the keys in his hands with all the pieces he needs to be a successful PG in the league. If he fails,I will want him off the team just like I did earlier last season. There shouldn't be no excuses for him this season though.

About OKC lacks a veteran presence and a better bench, Memphis also lacks that. Even though they improved their bench a little bit compared to having a benchof Ross/Buckner/Jaric/Warrick and Darko last season which was horrible. I wouldn't necessarily call Randolph a veteran presence, but his low post presencewill be a factor in games next season.

Saying OKC has way more talent than Memphis is reaching IMO. Durant is the most talented out of all the players that were listed above, but outside of OKC coreof players what other young talent is so great? Memphis still has players outside of Conley,OJ and Gay that can actually ball. Memphis also has plenty of picksto play around with the next few seasons.

I would also go out on the limb and say Memphis will be 5-10 games better than OKC next season.
nerd.gif

^you better have your flame suit on for that last statement, cuz NT bout to EXPLODE
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i still stand by my statement though, OKC has way more talent then Memphis, unless rudy can really develop from those USA training camps.
westbook-harden-durant-green-kristic > conley-mayo-rudy-thabeetie-gasol (vice versa).
edit: 2000th post...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

^you better have your flame suit on for that last statement, cuz NT bout to EXPLODE
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i still stand by my statement though, OKC has way more talent then Memphis, unless rudy can really develop from those USA training camps.
westbook-harden-durant-green-kristic > conley-mayo-rudy-thabeetie-gasol (vice versa).
edit: 2000th post...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I've never seen a valid argument on exactly why OKC will be greatness next season compared to Memphis being mediocre. People fail to believe that the youngplayers on Memphis have improved, but OKC players have all worked out greatly this off-season. Did you hear more about OJ and Rudy at the USA camp or Westbrookand Green? Of course you heard about Durant, who I'm not arguing against. People don't know for sure Westbrook/Durant/Green will have break-out yearsjust like Conley/OJ/Rudy. But, judging by what I heard from these camps Westbrook and Green seem like the same players with Durant rising and OJ and Rudyraising their games as well.

But, I'll respect you for your statement. People will have their own opinion about it, but we'll see this upcoming season.
pimp.gif

was this posted?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Bowen is contemplating retirement but could also have interest from Orlando, a source told Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo! Sports[/font]
http://
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bowen, 38, joined the Spurs in the summer of 2001 and was part of three championship teams (2003, '05 and '07) in his eight seasons in San Antonio. It's believed that a return to the Spurs in free agency is highly unlikely but contenders such as Orlando, Cleveland and Boston have been mentioned as potential suitors for Bowen. ESPN.com[/font]
http://

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Best Offseason:

3. Magic- wasnt a fan of the VC trade at 1st but i see why they did it since there was no shot at getting hedo. You upgrade the shooting guard postion with VC(i like lee but its a upgrade right now), bring your back up center back in case D12 gets hurt or you need to play big with more bigmen in the east now and bring a underrated role player in brandon bass over. moving lewis back to SF. and you get Matt Barnes who plays great in a up and down system
Lewis will still play PF. Pietrus/Barnes battling for the SF slot

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Best Offseason:

3. Magic- wasnt a fan of the VC trade at 1st but i see why they did it since there was no shot at getting hedo. You upgrade the shooting guard postion with VC(i like lee but its a upgrade right now), bring your back up center back in case D12 gets hurt or you need to play big with more bigmen in the east now and bring a underrated role player in brandon bass over. moving lewis back to SF. and you get Matt Barnes who plays great in a up and down system
Lewis will still play PF. Pietrus/Barnes battling for the SF slot
I've heard they'll experiment with Bass @ PF.

Going to be hard watching Bass play in another jersey,
frown.gif

Ask the guy who responded to me who he's comparing. He the one that compared Conley/Gay/Gasol with Westbrook/Durant/Green when its clear that OJ is the most known player on the team.
I compared them because Conely like Westbrook, is a PG. Gay like Durant, is a SF. Green is the only viable big man there right now, which is why Icompared Gasol. It's obvious that Mayo>Harden (right now). Even if I did put that and add Harden to that core along with Mayo, the core nucleus ofMemphis still wouldn't be better.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Ask the guy who responded to me who he's comparing. He the one that compared Conley/Gay/Gasol with Westbrook/Durant/Green when its clear that OJ is the most known player on the team.
I compared them because Conely like Westbrook, is a PG. Gay like Durant, is a SF. Green is the only viable big man there right now, which is why I compared Gasol. It's obvious that Mayo>Harden (right now). Even if I did put that and add Harden to that core along with Mayo, the core nucleus of Memphis still wouldn't be better.

Ain't no way Memphis is better than OKC in my eyes, no matter which way you look at it.

roll.gif

eyes.gif
roll.gif
conley is good, but you seem to be makin it seem like dude would be an all star in a few years.

um. what are you comparing honestly. who got the better bench? talent? Harden/OJ are not bench players, maybe that tall dude tabeet or whatever. if you're comparing talent, you cant honestly leave westbrook, green, and most importantly, durant. if you're not comparing either of those two, lets just say im lost
laugh.gif

And Bangdak trust me, I'm not overrating Conley. I was on his %$* (nh) more than some of you were during the season because of his lack of production. Once Hollins took it over he start killing. The only thing he really needed was for the coach to stop hawking him (Iavaroni) and let him play ball. He shot 45% from downtown the last 2 months of the season and he showed improvement in a lot of areas.

It's just unfair to ride him off that quickly when he's only played 135 games through two seasons and had to battle it out with other young PG's to earn his spot. If Conley builds off of what he did the 2nd half of the season averaging close to 15/6/6, I wish somebody would call him a bust. A 21-year old PG averaging anything close to that is far from a bust. Look how long it took Devin Harris, Steve Nash, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups to develop. This season is his most important season because he finally has the keys in his hands with all the pieces he needs to be a successful PG in the league. If he fails, I will want him off the team just like I did earlier last season. There shouldn't be no excuses for him this season though.

About OKC lacks a veteran presence and a better bench, Memphis also lacks that. Even though they improved their bench a little bit compared to having a bench of Ross/Buckner/Jaric/Warrick and Darko last season which was horrible. I wouldn't necessarily call Randolph a veteran presence, but his low post presence will be a factor in games next season.

Saying OKC has way more talent than Memphis is reaching IMO. Durant is the most talented out of all the players that were listed above, but outside of OKC core of players what other young talent is so great? Memphis still has players outside of Conley,OJ and Gay that can actually ball. Memphis also has plenty of picks to play around with the next few seasons.

I would also go out on the limb and say Memphis will be 5-10 games better than OKC next season.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
you guys are arguing about whos better between the okc formersupersonics now known as the thunder and the grizzlies.

thats like comparing southpole clothes with some fat albert platinum fubu and asking which is better.

at best okc or memphis wins about 35 games at best

long term the thunder have the better future because i got a feeling they'll actually make moves to improve whereas michael heisly has no clue what thehell he's doing with the grizzlies

Back
Top Bottom