NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

So you guys are telling me that if you put ANYONE I just named on the Grizzlies, Knicks, or Clippers when he played for them, they go to the playoffs???????

Once again, I said stat wise, not teams winning percentage.

Have you ever watched NBA basketball before?

Have you ever watched Tim Duncan play? Dwight Howard? Dirk?

Now have you ever seen Zach play?

Because they are miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles ahead of Zach in terms of overall product. Skill level? Sure, Zach may close the gap a smidge, but interms of affect on a court, affect on a team, coachable, trustworthy, looking to involve teammates, Zach is not even close to those guys.
Zach may have the ability to pass the ball better then D12 does, but Zach doesn't want to pass, while D12 does, he just hasn't learned how as well ashe will yet.

Zach gets a ton of his baords off his own misses, and a lot of his points off put backs when his team is already down 20. Why is his team down 20, because heusually lets his man go right by him to the hole to score, so he can jog down to the offensive side of the court and get the ball to not pass, miss a fewgimme's before he puts one in finally, and then he slowly heads back on "d" to do it all over again.

Zach is a bum, a waste of talent, a waster of space, a waste of humanity. This conversation is over, been nice talkin to you squirt.
wink.gif

Look who Dirk, Duncan, and Howard play for......

Like I said, put Duncan on the Knicks.

Put Dirk on the Clippers.

Does that make them a contender, no.

If he is able to EVER make it to a winning organization, you would be singing a different tune.

At no point in time did I say he was better then any of them. But to call him a bum?

Spurs, Mavs, and Magic were elite teams before they all got there?

Blazers were ok when they got Randolph, went downhill from there eh?

Look who Dirk, Duncan, and Howard play for......

Like I said, put Duncan on the Knicks.

Put Dirk on the Clippers.
All of those guys started off on REALLY bad teams and they were building blocks for their GM's to build around. There's a reason a GMhasn't built around Zach Randolph.

[h2]Agent: Knicks, Sessions NearDeal[/h2]
Sessions_Ramon_mil_090119.jpg

Aug 03, 2009 7:09 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks could sign Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet as early as Tuesday, according to the point guard's agent.

Chubby Wells, the agent for the restricted free agent, told the New York Post on Sunday that Sessions could accept an offer from the Knicks on either Mondayor Tuesday.

"We've been playing footsie with the Knicks the last two weeks," Wells told the Post. "I'm sure we'll clarify something in thenext couple days with the Knicks or another team and figure out what's going on."

The Clippers are the other interested team, but the Knicks are believed to be the frontrunner because they can offer a starting role.

New York coach Mike D'Antoni has been lobbying hard to sign Sessions, but general manager Donnie Walsh is worried about tying up long-term capspace.

Via New York Post

New York Knicks, Los AngelesClippers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Magic Can Only Offer MinimumDeals[/h2]
Aug 02, 2009 8:00 PM EST

orl_40.gif
The Magic are looking to sign a third point guard, but they can only offer a minimum contract.

Orlando could acquire a point guard with a larger contract, but such a player would have to come through a sign-and-trade.

The Magic used its entire mid-level exception of $5.854 million to sign Matt Barnes and Brandon Bass, and used its bi-annual exception last year to signAnthony Johnson.

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Orlando Magic

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Knicks Want Both SessionsAnd Williams[/h2]
Aug 03, 2009 10:39 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks' interest in point guard Jason Williams, whom they will work out this week, has no effect on the Ramon Sessions pursuit.

Williams ended his retirement last week.

Via New York Post

New York Knicks

[h2]Singleton Expected ToRe-Sign With Mavs[/h2]
Aug 03, 2009 7:29 AM EST

dal_40.gif
No contract has been agreed upon, but the Dallas Morning News reports that James Singleton is likely to return to the Mavericks.

Singleton wouldn't be expected to play many minutes this season, but Dallas would benefit from the depth and energy he brings off the bench.

Via Dallas Morning News

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Raptors Might Still AffordKleiza[/h2]
Aug 03, 2009 7:26 AM EST

tor_40.gif
If the Nuggets rescind their qualifying offer to Linas Kleiza, the Raptors could show interest in the Lithuanian.

Denver could rescind the qualifying offer in order to avoid going over the luxury tax.

However, Doug Smith of the Toronto Star wrote on Sunday that Kleiza would likely go play in Europe if he is only able to get a minimum contract in theNBA.

Via Toronto Star

Toronto Raptors, DenverNuggets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Miami Remains An Option ForTinsley[/h2]
Aug 03, 2009 7:20 AM EST

mia_40.gif
Despite a canceled meeting this weekend, it appears as though Miami is still a possible landing spot for Jamaal Tinsley.

"Based on everything I know, Tinsley's agent (Raymond Brothers) canceled the weekend meeting with the Heat. But the sides are still talking,"ESPN's Marc Stein wrote on his Twitter page.

Stein added that Tinsley is believed to be looking for a one-year deal, probably either with the Heat or Knicks, so that he can re-enter free agency nextsummer.

Via Twitter (Marc Stein)

Miami Heat, New YorkKnicks

Spurs won the championship his first year in the NBA.

Dirk played with a younger Nash and a younger Finley.

I can give you the Magic, but thats it.

laugh.gif

Are you trying to argue Duncan and Dirk are at the same level as Zach Randolph?

Anyways, tons of Dallas fans are pushing Sessions to end up in a Mavs jersey, but I don't really see the point.

Also, Singleton likely to re-sign with Mavericks.

how much can the raps offer kleiza?

just the min im guessing?

i dont think he'll take it in that case

laugh.gif

You know the Spurs had the 1st pick to draft Tim Duncan for a reason right?

That same Mavericks team won a whopping 19 games the first year Dirk played with Nash and Finley. The next year they won 40.

Show me a situation where Zach went in and made a team better than what they were.

Spurs won the championship his [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]first year[/color] second year in the NBA.

fix..

This dude is really in here trying to say Boseph is not a bum, you have got to be kidding me...

When is the last time you saw Duncan, Dirk, or even a varsity high school player do something THIS stupid

Zach is the eptiome of garbage time buckets and stat padding, he is trash.

^^^^^I was off a year, ok.

All I EVER said was he puts up as good of numbers as those players, thats it.

Some people took it somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif

That same Mavericks team won a whopping 19 games the first year Dirk played with Nash and Finley. The next year they won 40.

Show me a situation where Zach went in and made a team better than what they were.

Show me a situation where Zach wasn't surrounded by terrible influences?

Look at the Knicks record at the beginning of the season before they traded Zach away. They started off 6-6.

Look at the Clippers record when both Randolph and Camby were healthy. 8-8 I believe.

Why are people so quick to blame Randolph for the Clipper sucky $#+ record when he only played in 50 games the entire season and 39 games for the Clippers? TheClippers were 13-26 in the games Randolph played in. They only won 6 games without him in the lineup.

People never blame all the other injuries the Clippers had for the reason they had a terrible record last season. They automatically blame Randolph who onlyplayed in 39 of their 82 games in which they went 13-26 in. That's not a great record, but the fact they only won six games without him shows that having apost presence did help.

Randolph is definitely one of the most skilled post players in the league, but his attitude, defense, off the court issues, etc, etc,etc. slow him down. But,people OD on the fact that its all his fault when the teams he's been on have had a major effect on him. They fail to realize that he's a follower nota leader and look at the players he has followed from Marbury, Curry, Crawford, Wallace, Bonzi, etc,etc.

Saying stuff like he's garbage is definitely reaching.

This gotta be one of Zach's regular strippers or something. Only explanation.

Zach own mamma don't try and throw her babies's name out with Dunc, Dwight, or Dirk.

Quit doin it, rilin us all up, gettin my blood pressure goin and sh*^.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

Zach wasn't surrounded by terrible influences?
laugh.gif
So now it's his "influences" fault?

I didn't even know the NBA schedule was comin out tomorrow.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can't even wait to see what the prime games are gonna be and how many times the Lakers and Cavs are on tv. I ain't even gonna need league Pass.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

Zach wasn't surrounded by terrible influences?
laugh.gif
So now it's his "influences" fault?

I bet you can't prove to me that they weren't. He was on the damn Jailblazers to start his career off at a very young age. Why do you hear from Izzoand some former teammates that he's really a good guy? Like I said before he's a follower and being on team's where he had bad influencesdidn't help that.

I'm not saying he's on the level of Duncan, Dirk or anything like that. I don't know where he got that from.
laugh.gif
But, don't reach at the fact that he's complete garbage when you knowfor a damn fact he can ball. He has defenciencies in his game just like any other player, but I still believe he can change. The percentage of him changing isvery low, but he can as long as he's not surrounded by bad influences.

laugh.gif
My man you clearly don't get it...

ZBo is the same as Jamal Crawford was to me.

Want no parts of them or their contract. Dominate the ball way too much, not good enough to do so. Your team is going NOWHERE with Zbo as a starter

However, he is not horrible. He does have ability, he (they) just need the right situation to where those abilities can be of value. (scoring the ball)

I think Jamal will have a good year leading a second unit on a decent team, Zbo would do the same but his contract will not allow that.

Back
Top Bottom