NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Best Offseason:

3. Magic- wasnt a fan of the VC trade at 1st but i see why they did it since there was no shot at getting hedo. You upgrade the shooting guard postion with VC(i like lee but its a upgrade right now), bring your back up center back in case D12 gets hurt or you need to play big with more bigmen in the east now and bring a underrated role player in brandon bass over. moving lewis back to SF. and you get Matt Barnes who plays great in a up and down system
Lewis will still play PF. Pietrus/Barnes battling for the SF slot
I've heard they'll experiment with Bass @ PF.

Going to be hard watching Bass play in another jersey,
frown.gif

they should experiment Bass at PF..
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]During his press conference, Barnes was asked whether he's spoken with Stan Van Gundy and been told whether he'll be in the starting lineup or come off the bench. This was Barnes' response: "Briefly. He said he has his four starters in Jameer, Vince, Rashard and Dwight. Me and Pietrus will battle it out to kind of see who that other starter is." Orlando Sentinel[/font]
take it for what its worth

JapanAir21 wrote:
Bowen in a C's jersey would make me throw up like a cat.

Well it was where he started about 11 years ago playing for Rick Pitino before goin to Miami and making a bigger name for himself so its not like itsimpossible to picture.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

JapanAir21 wrote:
Bowen in a C's jersey would make me throw up like a cat.

Well it was where he started about 11 years ago playing for Rick Pitino before goin to Miami and making a bigger name for himself so its not like its impossible to picture.

Peace
Scottie
eyes.gif

Peace, scottie.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I'm not even a mavs fan and it still angers/disgusts me what occured during that finals

I feel for you mavs fans, you should have won that year =\
smh.gif
frown.gif

This thread don't belong on no page 3.
smh.gif

Anyone got any idea at all what David Lee is goin to do? He's the only one left of value is he not? Does he have a deal with NY, or is he unrestricted?

Originally Posted by CP1708

This thread don't belong on no page 3.
smh.gif

Anyone got any idea at all what David Lee is goin to do? He's the only one left of value is he not? Does he have a deal with NY, or is he unrestricted?
He's still restricted unless he accepts the QO. At this point, that's what it looks like he will end up doing.

All I have to say is that this has been the most exciting offseason as far as movement in the free agent and trading markets. All the top teams have upgradedand are in "win now" mode while some of the lesser teams have improved themselves as well through the draft and hopefully development of theiryounger players.

As of right now with most of the teams having their pieces in place this is how I see the top 5 teams in the league for next year.

1) LA Lakers-Resigned LO, picked up Ron Artest (could be an upgrade over Ariza if he keeps his head on straight), if Bynum actually stays healthy for a fullseason and develops this team is no doubt favorites to repeat and could win almost 70 games. And they still have Kobe and Pau can't do much better at thosepositions.

2) Orlando Magic-Trading for VC, resigning Gortat, signing Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes...in terms of sheer moves, they have to be tops this offseason, theyhave upgraded significantly a team that made it to the Finals last year, they have more depth on the front lines and just as much versatility as they had lastyear if not more. And with a healthy Jameer Nelson this year, the Magic will be a force to be reckoned with for this season and for years to come as well.

3) San Antonio Spurs-Just when I thought these old guys would go away, they get Richard Jefferson for peanuts. He is the athletic wing that they have beensorely needing over the past few seasons and will provide that extra punch if one of the trio goes down (Duncan, Manu, Parker). Also signing Antonio McDyesswas a nice move as well, if he plays his role like he did in Detroit, he'll be a big boost to their frontcourt.

3) Boston Celtics-Signed Rasheed Wallace and traded for Marquis Daniels. How far this team is able to go this season depends all on how KG returns from hisknee injury, b/c even though I have the Magic being the best team on paper in the East, I still believe that a healthy Boston team can beat them in a 7 gameseries. Just looking at the defensive prowess these guys will have with KG, Sheed and Perk down low with Paul Pierce on the perimeter...It's going to betough to score against these guys.

5) Cleveland Cavaliers-Unfortunately for the Cavs organization, in the most important year of their franchise's history, it looks as if they'veactually fallen back in the pecking order of teams to win it all. Shaq is definitely an upgrade over Ben Wallace and whoever else they had in their frontcourt,but at his advanced age can he be a real factor when it matters the most, in the playoffs. Having that LeBron guy though, means you always have a chance.Picking up Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker was fine, but I don't see them being "power moves" to put them over the top. And they also have one ofthe worst offseason moves, resigning Anderson Varejo to a 6 year/ 50 million dollar contract
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Talk about overpaying...

I swear I don't know what NBA some people have been watching on here......

Doubt Randolph? His career averages are 16.7ppg and 8.3rpg and he has been a 20 and 10 man the past 3 years.

If I were AI, I would go to the Grizzlies. All they are missing is a veteran leader.

The Cavs made some moves, but so did the Celtics and the Magic.

The Cavs will not be winning a championship anytime soon.

Oklahoma City has a good nucleus, but they are years away from being a playoff team.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Doubt Randolph? His career averages are 16.7ppg and 8.3rpg and he has been a 20 and 10 man the past 3 years.

Numbers don't always tell the story...

If I were AI, I would go to the Grizzlies. All they are missing is a veteran leader.

Word

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Why don't they.

There are plenty of teams that could have used him. The Wizards, Bucks, Rockets, etc.

Put his numbers againtst the top PF's in the NBA, outside of Nowitizki, Howard, Duncan, and Stoudamire.

He is not too far behind.

What are the winning percentages on those teams the last 3 years?

And please Lord tell me you didn't just mention Zach Randolph as "not far behind" Tim Duncan.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

What are the winning percentages on those teams the last 3 years?

Look who he played for..........the Clippers and the Knicks.
sick.gif

You can put ANY top PF on either one of those teams, and they would still be terrible.

He is not too far behind stat wise.

Put Duncan on the Knicks and the Clippers when Randolph played for them, and they would not have gone to the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Why don't they.

There are plenty of teams that could have used him. The Wizards, Bucks, Rockets, etc.

Put his numbers againtst the top PF's in the NBA, outside of Nowitizki, Howard, Duncan, and Stoudamire.

He is not too far behind.

First couple times must not have worked for ya.......

Maybe you should think about another sport, cricket, or pool hockey or somethin. NBA isn't your thing.

So you guys are telling me that if you put ANYONE I just named on the Grizzlies, Knicks, or Clippers when he played for them, they go to the playoffs???????

Once again, I said stat wise, not teams winning percentage.

What's the good of 20 and 10 if you're a cancer in the locker room, a black hole on offense and play little to no defense?

Back
Top Bottom