NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by nublee

^ is that a list for an NT fantasy basketball league? If so, room for one more?
nerd.gif
It's for the NT NBA Mock Draft.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by nublee

^ is that a list for an NT fantasy basketball league? If so, room for one more?
nerd.gif
It's for the NT NBA Mock Draft.
Oh, I see. Seemed a bit loaded for a fantasy league
laugh.gif
Guess I won't partake in that, but I'm definitely gonna try joining the fantasy league this year
pimp.gif

I'm at lunch right now posting from my phone.

I'll set it up once I get home. Draft should start later tonight

Didn't know if it went through or not
laugh.gif
I'm not sure yet if I'll use that list cp. I made directions for those who wanted to sign up once thethread was started. I'll have to see. Assigning assistant gms is fine. But we won't really be picking team names at first if at all. It mightcomplicate things and people might lose interest if they don't get their teamname. It's something I'll consider though

^
No prob man, I was postin it up at first to show how easy it will be to get to 30 teams.
pimp.gif

Do me a favor though, if you set up during the evening, save me a spot, I leave work around 4:30 PST, til tomorrow morning.
ohwell.gif

Is there going to be some sort of review process or reason required when choosing a player?

Have you considered running two or three drafts at the same time so that you can compare this league to the leagues of years past (11 teams in 1948, 23 teamsin 1980, etc.)?

I may be interested if you guys don't have someone to fill that last spot.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
No prob man, I was postin it up at first to show how easy it will be to get to 30 teams.
pimp.gif

Do me a favor though, if you set up during the evening, save me a spot, I leave work around 4:30 PST, til tomorrow morning.
ohwell.gif

Do they have internet out in the country? Is that why you don't have it at home?

Hillbilly %@# dude.
smh.gif

^
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
no internet service in the middle of trashy oregon?

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Sneak -

If you want in and want the Nets, just PM JA.

I do not care what team I have.

As long as Chris Dudley can be one of my assistant coaches on my fantasy team (he would be the free throw coach) I am down with you taking the Nets if you do want them.

Thanks VC, BTW I was going to so put that pic as my AVY then I saw you with it, and was like FK!. Also for the draft are we building a 1 season team or is itlike we are just starting the NBA all over again and making the best team possible for now and the future? if that makes sense. I'll be out of the houseuntil about 7:30 PST(I have to work) I'll post from my phone though. Then I have off until tuesday!

Lack of funds to get my CPU right. It's a piece of crap and haven't had the time or money to get one fixed up right. I will eventaully, but gettin myhouse right takes up too much cash right now.

That alright with you girls?

Sneak -

((Bobby Simmons with the first pick.)Bobby Simmons with the first pick.)(Bobby Simmons with the first pick.)(Bobby Simmons with the first pick.)(Bobby Simmonswith the first pick.)(Bobby Simmons with the first pick.)

laugh.gif
- Only cause I gave up the Nets. Thats the deal. J/P

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Is there going to be some sort of review process or reason required when choosing a player?

Have you considered running two or three drafts at the same time so that you can compare this league to the leagues of years past (11 teams in 1948, 23 teams in 1980, etc.)?

What do you mean by a review process? If someone starts picking CJ Watson's in the first round? If people do that, we reserve the right toveto it, and if it continues, we'll replace that user with someone else.

And if someone starts drafting all Centers, I might have to exclude that GM.

Running two drafts? I don't see what you mean there... Only having 11 teams?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Have you considered running two or three drafts at the same time so that you can compare this league to the leagues of years past (11 teams in 1948, 23 teams in 1980, etc.)?

What do you mean by a review process? If someone starts picking CJ Watson's in the first round? If people do that, we reserve the right to veto it, and if it continues, we'll replace that user with someone else.

And if someone starts drafting all Centers, I might have to exclude that GM.

Running two drafts? I don't see what you mean there... Only having 11 teams?

I get what he's sayin, and it is interesting.

Imagine at the same time we run 30 team draft, we ran a 23 team draft like there was in 1980, and an 11 team draft like there was in 1948.

The end teams would be insane. He's basically sayin to compare the team that gets LeBron in the 30 team league will get one maybe 2 other good players.
The 23 team league would get Bron and 4-5 other real good players
and the 11 team league would have like Bron, Duncan, TMac, Nash, Brand, Marion, Peitrus, Dev Harris, Rip, Sessions, and Marc Gasol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's a comparison between the eras and the depth of the teams in those eras

We could do that, but I don't think I can run all three.

I thought that's what he was suggesting, and maybe after this draft might be a better time. If there were three, if there are multiple people in each one,there'd be overlaps, and it might get confusing for some users.

I'm down, but I think at the most I'll only be able to manage one more.

That is no doubt a ton of work, and we would need a lot of regulars for it.

It would be cleaner to have no overlaps at all, if your in one draft, can't be in another and so on. Get a truer sense of teams that way. If the sameperson was in each league, he could just keep drafting the same guy in each one, wouldn't look all that different.

So we'd need something like 63 owners, with 3 full time draft runners, plus backups and what not for down times........That's a lot of work.

I don't even know where to put this but I'm posting from my phone a d didn't want to make a new thread. Nick Young vs. Tony Dandridge Slam dunkcontest just went down. This dude Tony
sick.gif
. I'll edit with more later. This dude recorded it on his phone so I'm trying to get it.

That is no doubt a ton of work, and we would need a lot of regulars for it.

It would be cleaner to have no overlaps at all, if your in one draft, can't be in another and so on. Get a truer sense of teams that way. If the same person was in each league, he could just keep drafting the same guy in each one, wouldn't look all that different.

So we'd need something like 63 owners, with 3 full time draft runners, plus backups and what not for down times........That's a lot of work.

That's the primary reason I suggested doing it either afterward.

Rockets are loaded (roster wise). Even rumblings of AI to HTown. How legit, I dunno.

I think they have 18 total players signed under contract for next year.

People are gonna have to get traded. A work in progress, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom