NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Curry
Wade
LeBron
Randolph
Oden

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Don't matter if you have LeBron and Wade, if Oden is on the team, you'll suck.

*here is where Acid will get notified and come thru with the lame Oden pic and 2 people will laugh*
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Updated: August 29, 2009, 12:01 PM ET

[h2]Warriors' Jackson 'looking to leave'[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson says he has requested a trade and prefers to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers or any of the NBA's three teams in Texas.

378.jpg

Jackson

Jackson's wishes are rooted in a desire to play for a team that consistently makes the postseason, he says, something the Warriors have done only once in the past 15 seasons.

"At this point, I'm 31 years old. I have four or five years left," Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday. "I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that's where my mind is at now."

Jackson, speaking to the magazine in New York during a promotional event for a shoe line, said the status of his demand is pending.

"It's not about a decision I made," he told Dime Magazine. "It's just things are in the air right now. I really can't get too much into it right now."

When prompted with a question from the event's host about the Warriors' playoff chances, Jackson, who was attending the event with former teammate Al Harrington, told the crowd: "I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave."

Jackson has averaged 15.4 points over nine seasons with the New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers and the Warriors.

He scored a career-high 20.7 points per game last season after signing a three-year,
$28 million extension with the Warriors in November.

Jackson said he would be open to returning to the Spurs but would also welcome a trade to the Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets.

He also mentioned Harrington's New York Knicks.

"I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

ESPN.com

Originally Posted by heat23

ESPN.com news services

http://
http://
Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson says he has requested a trade and prefers to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers or any of the NBA's three teams in Texas.

378.jpg

Jackson

Jackson's wishes are rooted in a desire to play for a team that consistently makes the postseason, he says, something the Warriors have done only once in the past 15 seasons.

"At this point, I'm 31 years old. I have four or five years left," Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday. "I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that's where my mind is at now."

Jackson, speaking to the magazine in New York during a promotional event for a shoe line, said the status of his demand is pending.

"It's not about a decision I made," he told Dime Magazine. "It's just things are in the air right now. I really can't get too much into it right now."

When prompted with a question from the event's host about the Warriors' playoff chances, Jackson, who was attending the event with former teammate Al Harrington, told the crowd: "I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave."

Jackson has averaged 15.4 points over nine seasons with the New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers and the Warriors.

He scored a career-high 20.7 points per game last season after signing a three-year,

Jackson said he would be open to returning to the Spurs but would also welcome a trade to the Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets.

"I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

ESPN.com
who the hell will want his contract?

Originally Posted by heat23

ESPN.com news services

378.jpg

Jackson

ESPN.com

jacksons an idiot...hes talking about championship teams...but yet hes talking about houston...new york and dallas?....and the cavs?...pfffffft
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Yo I'd take on Jackson in a heartbeat...
pimp.gif

Wouldn't give up anything more than expiring contracts though... You don't get anybody that's actually worth a damn...

Nowitness, I just typed up a rather lengthy response about Jackson, but pretty much came to the same conclusion.

For expirings, deal, if not, I'd very hesitant.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If dallas was smart brain-dead, they should swap Howard for Jackson ASAP!
No way I'm giving up Howard without at least getting back Azubuike.

Howard is younger, more athletic, and a better scorer/shooter.
roll.gif
if you would do that deal.

i read that and did the samething
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

pimp.gif

Wouldn't give up anything more than expiring contracts though... You don't get anybody that's actually worth a damn...
We'll take it!

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Besides his non effort to drive the ball, what's so bad about $tack?
[table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stephen Jackson[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,650,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,450,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,260,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$10,060,000[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

No way in hell I'd trade Howard or Terry to get Captain Jack..

I'd use some of the expirings, but that's it... They'd be hard-pressed to get me to even include JJ Barea...
laugh.gif

nowitness, im sure gs would be happy to give sjax away for a pack of cookies.
they just need to trade cj away for that first round pick to orlando...

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

First Jamal Crawford, now Stephen Jackson... And CJ Watson wanted to go to Orlando too. Who's next?
Nobody wants to play here under Don Nelson and this joke of a front office. Just ask Al Harrington what he thinks about Nelson and this frontoffice.

Originally Posted by BangDak

nowitness, im sure gs would be happy to give sjax away for a pack of cookies.
they just need to trade cj away for that first round pick to orlando...
A lot of us fans would love to trade him away for those pack of cookies. It's those idiots in the front office that over-value this chucker.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

pimp.gif

would the buck shot and drew goodens contract be enough? i know gooden is making 4.5 mill if hes dealt before the deadline.

Breaking Story No. 1: On Friday morning, I spoke with a source very close to the Golden State front office who tells me that Nellie is leading serious in-house conversation about proposing a trade to the Mavs that would move a rotation-caliber player from Golden State to Dallas in exchange for cap relief.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Breaking Story No. 1: On Friday morning, I spoke with a source very close to the Golden State front office who tells me that Nellie is leading serious in-house conversation about proposing a trade to the Mavs that would move a rotation-caliber player from Golden State to Dallas in exchange for cap relief.

where did u read this?
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom