NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Please... all this mav talk is making me feel nowitzki soft
laugh.gif

Wallace Talks Iverson

The Memphis Grizzlies met with free agent guard Allen Iverson yesterday, and while there has been no announcement, the early returns from the Grizzlies camp suggest that the meeting went well.

"I like to never say that a deal's a deal until it's a deal if you know what I mean," Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace told WHBQ in Memphis. "Do you have everything signed and on paper. We had a very productive meeting yesterday where both sides got to know each other and what are expectations were…we go to hear Allen out and he got to hear us out and I thought it went pretty well."

One hang up could be Iverson's continued insistence that he should be a starter from Day One. Like most every other team in the NBA, the Grizzlies are unwilling to commit to that in advance. OJ Mayo has a solid rookie season at the two, and Mike Conley was handed the reigns by new head coach Lionel Hollins and did well. Wallace says it would up to Iverson to earn his spot, like anyone else in camp.

"He would come in like any player. He'd come in to camp, compete, get on the same page with the coaches and your other teammates and you take it from there. He indicated to us that he justs wants to come in and help the team out, to get better, to win, and he'll shine during the process. I think Allen Iverson is going to be very fine with whatever role he would end up fulfilling in Memphis. I also think too much is placed on starting. There's 48 minutes in an NBA game. There's an awful lot of minutes out there for a number of players. The old coach said it's not who starts, but who finishes too. He knows where we're coming from, we know we're he's coming from and I think this is going to be a very productive marriage."

Wallace also wanted to be clear that a move for Iverson is not just about selling tickets, as has been suggested numerous times this summer.

"If he comes here, it's not just for box office. This guy's a player that's going to be in the Hall of Fame one day. This guy's had a great career. Look at his numbers recently when he was at Denver. Detroit wasn't the best stop throughout his entire career, but he did very well in Denver, he took Philadelphia to a championship, he's got boundless energy…he's still got that spring in his step and if you look at the other names that are out there, possibilities in free agency, their careers just don't compare to Allen Iverson. So if you have a chance to get him, you have to go try to make that happen."

Wallace said no timetable has been set for Iverson to make a decision, but that he believes Iverson is anxious to get his family settled before training camp - now just three weeks away. Stay tuned . . .

The Grizz aren't trying to get both AI and Tinsley.

And where is this role model stuff coming from? Are these players 10 years old or something?
laugh.gif
The season can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to see Memphis getthat 1-game improvement like the "experts" have wrote about.
pimp.gif

this dude will try and defend ANYTHING memphis does. they could trade there whole team for a WNBA team and he would try and defend it

And where is this role model stuff coming from? Are these players 10 years old or something?
you said early in the offseason you was happy to see Warrick go because it got him away from Rudy gay. its the same god damn thing

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

And where is this role model stuff coming from? Are these players 10 years old or something? The season can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to see Memphis get that 1-game improvement like the "experts" have wrote about.
laugh.gif
You more informed than Chad Ford now?

I'm somewhat with you on role models though... It's overrated, but I do think AI, Tinsley and Z-Bo would be a nightmare on young dudes... Just toomuch... Don't see how you could argue the other way...
Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Don't you kind of consider our away jerseys now, royal?
nerd.gif
The one's they're wearing now? Those are navy dude...
laugh.gif

DSC00877.JPG

If the alternatives are the color of the trim around the arms....
pimp.gif

031111mavericks.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What in the heck were they thinking when they came up with this horrible piece of clothing?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by JPZx

031111mavericks.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What in the heck were they thinking when they came up with this horrible piece of clothing?
laugh.gif
the swingman version were way better than this shiny piece of crap material.
Yeah, the shiny material killed it... Looked like a spray painted trash bag...
sick.gif

I'm just not understanding.

You have a nice young core. You have Conley, Mayo, Mike, Thabeet, and Gasol.

Why are you wasting your time and messing with them with Zach, AI and Tinsley?
sick.gif
grin.gif
alien.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Let the core grow, sign small dollar nobodies to fill out the roster, get yet another top pick, try to spend some of that money on a key free agent or two thatwill fit in that ARE NOT bad contracts, or bad people.

It's not that hard. But they are going to make it that way. They're going make Mayo hate playing there. Gonna make Mike discontent. Gasol gonnawant out someday. I mean, what the hell?

Stupid, stupid approach.

honestly chad ford isnt much more informed than anyone.

i woulda cut ties with rudy as soon as i drafted oj

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

this dude will try and defend ANYTHING memphis does. they could trade there whole team for a WNBA team and he would try and defend it

you said early in the offseason you was happy to see Warrick go because it got him away from Rudy gay. its the same god damn thing

How is adding a guy that they never really grew up with or didn't come into the league around the same time going to be the same thing as Hak, Rudy andLowry? It's not the same thing. Hak and Rudy were close along with Lowry.

And I don't defend everything about the Grizz. Its easy to point out the good things I say, but if I do say something bad its never mentioned. Its justthat most of the people on here are misinformed about whats going on with the team. If you're going to say the same stuff that everyone else says who arealso misinformed, you might as well not even say anything.

laugh.gif

I'm somewhat with you on role models though... It's overrated, but I do think AI, Tinsley and Z-Bo would be a nightmare on young dudes... Just too much... Don't see how you could argue the other way...
Yep. Wanna know why? Because the Grizz are offering the rest of their capspace to Iverson. They wouldn't have nothing to offer Tinsley, noteven the MLE because they don't have it. So, yes I'm more informed than Ford.
laugh.gif

The adding Tinsley part is just another way for Ford to make fun of the team point blank.

I'm just not understanding.

You have a nice young core. You have Conley, Mayo, Mike, Thabeet, and Gasol.

Why are you wasting your time and messing with them with Zach, AI and Tinsley?
sick.gif
grin.gif
alien.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Let the core grow, sign small dollar nobodies to fill out the roster, get yet another top pick, try to spend some of that money on a key free agent or two that will fit in that ARE NOT bad contracts, or bad people.

It's not that hard. But they are going to make it that way. They're going make Mayo hate playing there. Gonna make Mike discontent. Gasol gonna want out someday. I mean, what the hell?

Stupid, stupid approach.
Memphis can still follow that approach, but its at greater risk due to them adding those two guys. I don't think OJ would hate Iverson comingwhen he was all for it in the first place. Now, Rudy and Z-Bo are another story.

The thing with Memphis is that they have sucked for 3 straight years already. Last year was the year they had no actual veterans on the team. They were alreadylosing fan support and the league was downing them because like always they thought trading away Love and Miller for OJ was a stupid move on Memphis part. Fromwhat I've read, Heisley is adding a short-term solution. Its a bittersweet approach, but it could work just as much as it could backfire. Next year'sdraft is full of PF's. More than likely the team will win between 35-40 games and miss the playoffs. They can either trade some pieces to move up in thelottery or get a solid pick to where they can draft their PF of the future. Obviously, the front office wants to try and be competitive this season to keepthings reasonable and have a fan base heading into their 3rd season of the 3-year plan. So, like I said it may work, it may not. It wans't the approach Iwanted, but I'm going to see how it works before I criticize the front office any further.

Memphis has 3 first round picks next year and will have plenty of caproom in the 2011 off-season. They are in great shape for the future. The players who willprobably be the ones to worry about in this situation would be Conley and Rudy. Conley's starting job might be in jeopardy and unless Rudy has changed alittle bit during the summer, he will be upset with adding two scorers to the team. OJ wants the team to win period, along with Gasol. They will do what'sbest for the team.

laugh.gif

I'm somewhat with you on role models though... It's overrated, but I do think AI, Tinsley and Z-Bo would be a nightmare on young dudes... Just too much... Don't see how you could argue the other way...
Yep. Wanna know why? Because the Grizz are offering the rest of their capspace to Iverson. They wouldn't have nothing to offer Tinsley, not even the MLE because they don't have it. So, yes I'm more informed than Ford.
laugh.gif

The adding Tinsley part is just another way for Ford to make fun of the team point blank.

You think Jamaal Tinsley is taking up anybody's cap space?
laugh.gif
He gettin vet minimum cash bro... You ain't gotta have cap space to sign dudes at the minimum...

wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

Yep. Wanna know why? Because the Grizz are offering the rest of their capspace to Iverson. They wouldn't have nothing to offer Tinsley, not even the MLE because they don't have it. So, yes I'm more informed than Ford.
laugh.gif

You think Jamaal Tinsley is taking up anybody's cap space?
laugh.gif
He gettin vet minimum cash bro... You ain't gotta have cap space to sign dudes at the minimum...

wink.gif

If Memphis adds Iverson, they have already added some guy from the NBDL named Trey Gilder. Add Marcus Williams. That's 15 players on the roster. No roomfor Tinlsey unless they just invite him to training camp. It's either one or the other and judging by Memphis history, they only like to have 13 activeplayers on the roster. So, Hunter and Gilder might be cut before the season starts.

wink.gif

And for the homer comment, am I really that bad of a homer? I just defend the team when people say things that don't make sense. Like what sense does itmake to say a team that went 24-58 last season with no bench, no inside scoring or rebounding will have a one game improvement the next season after fillingthose needs regardless of who the players are. I mean the team is bound for at least 30 wins minimum. I think if they add Iverson, they will definitely get noless than 35. I know that alot of things have to go right for Memphis to have a successful year, so I'm not overlooking nothing.

If Memphis adds Iverson, they have already added some guy from the NBDL named Trey Gilder. Add Marcus Williams. That's 15 players on the roster. No room for Tinlsey unless they just invite him to training camp. It's either one or the other and judging by Memphis history, they only like to have 13 active players on the roster. So, Hunter and Gilder might be cut before the season starts.
Meh... It's so early I don't see at all why Trey Gilder and Marcus Williams would be reason to believe they aren't interested inTinsley...

If Memphis adds Iverson, they have already added some guy from the NBDL named Trey Gilder. Add Marcus Williams. That's 15 players on the roster. No room for Tinlsey unless they just invite him to training camp. It's either one or the other and judging by Memphis history, they only like to have 13 active players on the roster. So, Hunter and Gilder might be cut before the season starts.
Meh... It's so early I don't see at all why Trey Gilder and Marcus Williams would be reason to believe they aren't interested in Tinsley...

They just might, but I don't see them signing BOTH Iverson and Tinlsey. That's just not realistic. But, hey it could happen. I think they only go afterTinsley if they can't get AI. That's why they were talking about getting him a few weeks ago along with talking to Flip Murray and Kinsey. I stillwould rather have Flip than any of them because he will fit our scoring needs off the bench and won't complain about it.

[h1]Riley: Heat Giving Beasley Full Support[/h1]
Pat Riley says that Michael Beasley will be in training camp with the team later this month.
He is currently in a rehabilitation facility, but the details surrounding his stay have been cloudy at best.

Beasley has been in contact with the organization on a daily basis and is working out under the supervision of Miami's personnel.

"I was told this by somebody: Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future," Riley told the Associated Press. "You can't put yourself above and beyond anybody. We all have periods where things haven't gone our way for whatever reason, and we've all had an opportunity to grow. Because of what's happened in the past, we hope there's growth spurts for him."

Riley added that he's "confident ... very confident" Beasley will have a strong season for Miami.

And where is this role model stuff coming from? Are these players 10 years old or something? The season can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to see Memphis get that 1-game improvement like the "experts" have wrote about.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Don't you kind of consider our away jerseys now, royal?
nerd.gif
The one's they're wearing now? Those are navy dude...
laugh.gif

DSC00877.JPG

If the alternatives are the color of the trim around the arms....
pimp.gif

i agree, if the jerseys are royal and are made right then they will be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lol...I want to post this %*#$ so bad but I ain't trying to have ya'll clown my dude any more than ya'll already do. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom