NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

2009-09-04-khloe.jpg

No thank you.

Lamar better be with Khloe to try and get at Kim.
sick.gif
LO know what up he went for the sturdiest chin in entertainment ^^

eyes.gif

NO LENO

no way the grizzlies take mayo off the court. i guess if this is to happen, its AI at point and mayo at the 2.

It'll be Mayo at the PG and A.I at the 2 if they gonna start him, which they shouldnt. Conley was showing growth down the stretch last year.

Why the *!*# are they even bringing him in? He doesnt fit that team. Im sure they think it will bring in fans, but only winning will truly bring people outthere to the games, and they wont be doing that...

A.I & Zach on the same team tho? They bout to have Memphis boomin lol....

I've heard that a deal should be in place by Tuesday. If AI doesn't come off the bench, it will more than likely be an OJ/AI backcourt. The fact thatMemphis has no scoring off the bench, I think it would only fit him to be the 6th man. I don't know if things have changed in the past months about Memphisonly wanting him if he comes off the bench. I'm sure it hasn't though.

I honestly don't know what getting AI would bring, but its hard to believe the team will be worse than previous years. Regardless of how you feel aboutanybody on the team, there's alot of things this team has that they didn't have before that caused them to win a combined 68 games in 3 seasons. So,the makeup of the team may seem unreal, but it all comes down to self discipline.

It's funny how Pau basically turned in to Z-Bo, Iverson and Marc Gasol.
laugh.gif

AI+Boseph+Mayo tandem shouldn't have any problems getting points...

...For the other team.

No really, if somehow someway in hell they can mesh a LITTLE, they might be mildly entertaining to watch.

Mildly, in an OKC sense, like oh look at them trying their hardest! Give it your best Timmy!

They will be entertaining watch regardless if they mesh or not.
laugh.gif

If this move actually bring more fans, Memphis would actually have a homecourt advantage in games rather than it looking like high school JV game. I remembersome of the games I went to where it was a sellout or close to it (due to them playing a well-known team) and the team would have more momentum and want to winmore solely on there being so many people at the game. No, they can't have another 20-win season and still have a bunch of fans. But, I don't see thembeing nowhere near that regardless of what some people say about Randolph and Iverson.

I also see alot of growth from the young players already on the team due to the things that happen over the summer. Even about OJ and Rudy squashing their beefwith each other. These players know what kinda players Iverson and Z-Bo are. It's not like they haven't been keeping up with the game of basketball.With the toughness this team is adding, I really see them scaring plenty of teams next season. Kinda like when James Posey DDT'ed Peja in that game againstSacramento years back.
roll.gif

I'm getting so tired of this team getting bullied and nobody doing @*** about it. So, that's one thing Memphians are guarenteed of having and willlove. Tbey may not have games where they mesh, but there won't be a game where somebody will get away with cheap shots and nobody do nothing about it.

If Iverson does end up in Memphis, it's going to be interesting (not entertaining) to watch 4 ball dominatingplayers try to co-exist.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

If Iverson does end up in Memphis, it's going to be interesting (not entertaining) to watch 4 ball dominating players try to co-exist.

True, I personally just want Juice to pick up a thing or two from Iverson
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

If Iverson does end up in Memphis, it's going to be interesting (not entertaining) to watch 4 ball dominating players try to co-exist.

pimp.gif

you can't really teach the kind of talent that AI had

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

pimp.gif

you can't really teach the kind of talent that AI had
you cant teach talent period...but OJ has potential to be something special...and being around a legend like A.I. wont hurt at all

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

God I hope that Iverson ends up in Memphis. That would literally be the worst defensive team in the league.

indifferent.gif

What?
laugh.gif
I'll leave that alone. Anyways, Memphis was also like 29thin scoring last season as well.

The whole point in bringing in Iverson and Randolph is that the ball dominant players will have to put aside their own stats to make the team better.They're at least expecting OJ, Gay and Randolph to all put up decent numbers, but neither of them will score around 25 a game. Now, whether Iverson stilljacks up a bunch of shots a game is questionable. I'm sure the coach has already met with OJ, Rudy and Z-Bo about alot of things. But, its going to be hardfor teams to stop them once they get clicking. I don't know if anybody has seen the Z-Bo video lately, but he looks alot more in shape than usual.

I think the purpose of Heisley meeting AI in ATL is to get a guarentee that Iverson would play on the 2nd team giving him the green light to shoot when hewants. If he does play on the 2nd team, the playing with four dominant players in the starting lineup argument is voided. With AI coming off the bench, Memphiswill be allowed to have at least two of their scorers in the game at all times.

Sad to see AI go out in a wasteland like Memphis...

He must be trying to prove that he can go into a situation and say he made it better before he calls it quits. This ain't the way to do it tho...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Sad to see AI go out in a wasteland like Memphis...

He must be trying to prove that he can go into a situation and say he made it better before he calls it quits. This ain't the way to do it tho...

What makes Memphis a wasteland? B-More any better?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If I wasn't a follower of Memphis, I would say they are a wasteland too
laugh.gif

That's how most people view the team since they don't know nothing about them. I've come to find that out on here quickly.
laugh.gif

B-More? They have a team?
Exactly.
laugh.gif

A.I. will not take a bench role.
if he was to take a bench role, MANY teams who need bench help would have taken him. the reason why he still doesnt have a contract is because he wants to bepart of the main core, meaning part of the starting lineup, taking that last shot.

What?
laugh.gif
I'll leave that alone. Anyways, Memphis was also like 29th in scoring last season as well.

you have obviously never seen Zach Randolph play, he is an absolutely horrible defender and its not like AI is any good on D, dude just gamblesall the time.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

What?
laugh.gif
I'll leave that alone. Anyways, Memphis was also like 29th in scoring last season as well.
you have obviously never seen Zach Randolph play, he is an absolutely horrible defender and its not like AI is any good on D, dude just gambles all the time.
You must think two players make up the core of a defensive team? And yes, I've seen him play. When will you realize that Z-Bo was brought into rebound and score in the post, not play defense which is what he does best. They drafted focusing on defense and toughness. Take into fact that guys likeConley, OJ, Gay,Gasol and Arthur have more than likely improved defensively.

A.I. will not take a bench role.
if he was to take a bench role, MANY teams who need bench help would have taken him. the reason why he still doesnt have a contract is because he wants to be part of the main core, meaning part of the starting lineup, taking that last shot.

Ok, Nostradamus
laugh.gif
. We will just have to find out and see huh? Who said ifhe came off the bench that he wouldn't be playing in crunch time or he wouldn't get significant minutes? That's the whole point. He doesn'thave to start to be apart of the main core of a team. I guess you can say the same thing for Ginobili and Terry. They don't start on their respectiveteams, so they aren't part of the main core right or they don't play during crunch time?

If he doesn't start, Conley will probably play 30-32mins and OJ will play around 35mins. He will get the bulk of minutes left over from both players alongwith Young.

just wondering, how long until OJ becomes an unrestricted FA (if he doesnt sign an offer sheet)?
The year of 2012-13 is the year he has an offer sheet. Memphis will probably be a winning team by then and should lock him up another 4 years orso before it gets to the off-season of his offer sheet. They can extend him before the 2011-12 season which is what I see happening unless he demands a tradeor something.

why should a guy just 1 year removed from 25 and 7 while shooting well, take a bench role?

detroit was a crap situation ..hes got something left

Back
Top Bottom