NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

what is a trade kicker?
If a player gets traded, they get an additional amount of money.

For example, Josh Smith has a trade kicker in his contract where he gets an additional $7M (which would have to be paid almost immediately), making his totalsalary $17M if he were to get traded.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by heat23

Haslem will be missed if that trade happens!

Someone school me on CJ Miles

So, what do the Heat plan on doing with that guy they picked no.2 overall last season? I'm pretty sure they don't want him playing the 3 on a consistent basis. Will they ever give him a chance to become a full-time starter or a 6th man?
I pray to god Mike gets put into a better situation. It'll be best for him. I hope he gets sent to some city where all he can focus on is basketball and he'll make people look silly for doubting. I hate how Riley/Whatever the coach name is jerked him last year (pause). Send him to Milwaukee, Toronto, OKC, or Utah or some !*#+ city like those.
eh? mike started, but he showed an lack of effort/defense.
he played an MUCH better role off the bench. he's doing just fine in mia.

Which is why he needs to be put alongside a defensive big man. This guy is too good to be coming off the bench. It's an insult IMO. I don't know why young players have to do everything right within' their first or second year in the league.

The guy showed a lack of effort on defense, but that doesn't mean he will improve. Miami just isn't the right situation for him like I'm Not You said. He needs to go to a city with less distractions and a chance for him to get a starting role at PF. Everytime I look around the Heat are looking to add Boozer, Bosh, etc. so its obvious they aren't looking at Beasley being a long term option at PF.

If Riley really trusts him at 3 spot, then I would like to see him there. I honestly don't see it working out. But, I do want to see him succeed.
beasley will do fine... the heat knew that he has no problem scoring... so they made him work on his defense being a undersized PF... i really dont think that beasley is gonna play SF... wade and zo said he is still slow footed... wade said he would need to bust his %+! to become a SF and zo said he should just bulk up and use his quckness as his advantage over other PF.. the heat are looking at boozer because of the 1 year contract and maybe that will make wade stay... if we can land bosh.. i can probably bet that he will play center after J.O. is gone... what in the hell are we gonna do with another SF???.... never paid attention to c.j miles... but we already have moon/wright/diawara..

You most have not read my post YT. Wade and Zo said that on what they saw last season but neither of them have seen Beas in the off-season program that theHeat are having for their young players. From the video, Beas footwork looks good. He still needs to work on it but he's getting their. Beas has also beenworking strickly as a SF.

One of the reasons that trading for Booz is good is because you also get his Larry Bird rights.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

what is a trade kicker?

For example, Josh Smith has a trade kicker in his contract where he gets an additional $7M (which would have to be paid almost immediately), making his total salary $17M if he were to get traded.

sick.gif
How come more players don't have trade kickers?

what is a trade kicker?

For example, Josh Smith has a trade kicker in his contract where he gets an additional $7M (which would have to be paid almost immediately), making his total salary $17M if he were to get traded.

damn. how common is it for guys to get them in their contracts? can they waive it like a "no trade clause" in baseball?

I know someone will bring it up eventually, so Odom's agent has talked to Cuban.

I'm not commenting on it unless I see the source saying that Odom has signed with us, I'm not for or against it, it's whatever.

Doesn't really make sense, but whatever.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I know someone will bring it up eventually, so Odom's agent has talked to Cuban.

I'm not commenting on it unless I see the source saying that Odom has signed with us, I'm not for or against it, it's whatever.

Sign and trade for Josh Howard I beleive is the rumor.

No thanks.

what is a trade kicker?

damn. how common is it for guys to get them in their contracts? can they waive it like a "no trade clause" in baseball?
I don't think it's too common. Josh got one because Memphis really wanted him, even though the actual contract 5 years-$50M was reasonableenough for Atlanta to match.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

No thanks.
sick.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

JapanAir21 wrote:

No thanks.

I heard its, greg buckner and jj barea.

laugh.gif
Why would the Mavs trade Howard for Odom?

Lateral move, plus they eliminate about the only shooting guard on the roster... No dice.

And wait... The Mavericks picked up ANOTHER of those instant-expiring deals...?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not getting Gortat isn't as bad then, becausethey've got the ability to fill that void for literally next to nothing if someone wants to salary dump...

Yeah Buckner is a similar deal.

It's not Josh Howard for Odom, we would keep Josh, and JET, and all of our other core players.

It's for our expirings, which we have about 10 of.
laugh.gif

Why would we need all your exprings if Odom himself is expired already?

laugh.gif
@ thinking Lakers are willing to take anyone less than Josh from the Mavs if a deal like that does go down

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And wait... The Mavericks picked up ANOTHER of those instant-expiring deals...?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not getting Gortat isn't as bad then, because they've got the ability to fill that void for literally next to nothing if someone wants to salary dump...

Mavs were the ones to originally give buckner that contract.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Why would we need all your exprings if Odom himself is expired already?

laugh.gif
@ thinking Lakers are willing to take anyone less than Josh from the Mavs if a deal like that does go down
I'm not saying I think it will happen, I'm just reporting what's been rumored.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ thinking the Mavs would actually trade Howard for a guythat plays a position they've already got Shawn Marion and Dirk playing...

if cuban called LA asking for a sign and trade for odom you bet cupcake is asking for howard anything else cupcake would hang up the phone on him

now does odom fit on that team with marion and Dirk there? hell no so pretty much no chance the rumor is true

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

if cuban called LA asking for a sign and trade for odom you bet cupcake is asking for howard anything else cupcake would hang up the phone on him

now does odom fit on that team with marion and Dirk there? hell no so pretty much no chance the rumor is true
Cuban called Odom's agent himself, we're not saying it's going to happen, but all we're saying is, they've talked about it.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

JJ Barea is still in the league?

didn't even know who he was until the spurs played the mavs in the playoffs last year....
grin.gif

dude was killing us
smh.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom