NBA Rookie Watch

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I counted Pooh with 1 less board and 1 more assist

So I saw 26pts 9rebs and 7ast

But either way he's heads and shoulders above the rest of this class no question about

And I'm Co-signing Ricardo this Juice nut riding is a bit surreal seeing as tho 97% of you didn't rock with him before the league 8===========D Riders
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude is playing well, but come on,
laugh.gif

This is the reason I say that, no other rookie is being asked to do what we need Pooh to do. We NEED him to get 20 and have 7 or so assist just for us to havea punchers chance at a win night in and night out, so far he's done that every game. Juice's only objective out there is to score (not saying hecan't do other things such as get his team involved) but thats all he's asked to do put the ball in the basket. Meanwhile we need Pooh to direct apiss poor offense with limited/sub par performing personel, make sure they score all while getting his at the same time.

The man is averaging 19pts 5.8ast and 4.6reb a game. Its a damn good chance that his numbers will be eeriely close to what Brons was his 1st yr in the L, andPooh's playing the point. With the right pieces he will be better than Chris Paul is, and I know that sounds blasphemous when you think about everythingthat Chris puts up but look at the puzzle he has to work with, Legit Shooters, Post Presence, Finishers, and Defense to back him up. You put Pooh in a settinglike that and I gurantee he would be able to equal that output (minus the steals because Chris is a beast with it but who knows)

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I counted Pooh with 1 less board and 1 more assist

So I saw 26pts 9rebs and 7ast

But either way he's heads and shoulders above the rest of this class no question about

And I'm Co-signing Ricardo this Juice nut riding is a bit surreal seeing as tho 97% of you didn't rock with him before the league 8===========D Riders
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude is playing well, but come on,
laugh.gif

This is the reason I say that, no other rookie is being asked to do what we need Pooh to do. We NEED him to get 20 and have 7 or so assist just for us to have a punchers chance at a win night in and night out, so far he's done that every game. Juice's only objective out there is to score (not saying he can't do other things such as get his team involved) but thats all he's asked to do put the ball in the basket. Meanwhile we need Pooh to direct a piss poor offense with limited/sub par performing personel, make sure they score all while getting his at the same time.

The man is averaging 19pts 5.8ast and 4.6reb a game. Its a damn good chance that his numbers will be eeriely close to what Brons was his 1st yr in the L, and Pooh's playing the point. With the right pieces he will be better than Chris Paul is, and I know that sounds blasphemous when you think about everything that Chris puts up but look at the puzzle he has to work with, Legit Shooters, Post Presence, Finishers, and Defense to back him up. You put Pooh in a setting like that and I gurantee he would be able to equal that output (minus the steals because Chris is a beast with it but who knows)

I gotta go ahead and agree with everything Cake said here.

He's not being asked to contribute as a rookie, but actually step in as a leader and he's doing a great job of it too

Its very clear its already his team

I want all them people to come in here and say like they did before when Spain was playing USA.. that Ricky Rubio is already better than Derrick Rose.. Justbecause Rose supposedly got strapped in the USA game scrimmage. And one of those dudes was a Bulls fan that said it too.. Shame.. Dude is in the league now andis taking it to every single team.. Rose shows no fear..
But, I thought either Beasley or Rose would take ROY..

Darryl Arthur is no joke either!!
Rookies 123 - Sophmores 118

How about this: There is 70 games left in the season. Anything can happen, from slumps to injuries.

OJ's had a great start thus far, but IMO Rose is more consistant. Rudy is straight water from three, that you have to add him in the mix. Right now though,its between OJ and Rose.

Great rookie class
pimp.gif

Sidenote: this has nothing to do with the rookies but... ^ Your sig is telling a lie
smh.gif

lol... I won't front either.. As badly as I want him to come around, dude is just not holding his own.. He needs to attack the basket and stop shootingthose outside shots.. It's like that was his only focus in the off-season.. Hopefully he does turn it around.. He was too exciting at Ohio state to justwaste away in the league..

I said back in 06 that Conley was an average PG when he was being gassed. You ##*!%% was on here talkin about he was gonna be like Chris Paul. SMH.

Glad Pooh is on his way...I was sayin some wild stuff bout where his career would end up last year...good so far
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

He's not being asked to contribute as a rookie, but actually step in as a leader and he's doing a great job of it too

How exactly is Rose doing a great job of being a "leader"?

I think he's a great talent right now, but he isn't making anyone better....well at least in the 3 Bulls games that I have watched, especially Denglooking
sick.gif
sick.gif

I'm sure that part of it is due to an adjustment period to the new coach and offensive system, but I saw a lot more one on one play than I normallyremember with Chicago.

The guy is almost always going to be the fastest player on the court, but the rest of the Bulls look like they are in awe instead of playing with him... I knowthat will improve with time.

Rose is with out a doubt, the best player on the Bulls...and Gordon is the second best. In the games I saw it looks like these two are almost trying to one upeach other. Maybe it's due to Gordon playing for his next contract but dude needs to really step his catch and shoot game up and stop dribbling somuch...maybe he doesn't trust that if he gives it to Rose that he's gonna get it back.

Great rookie class

Thats all that really needs to be said, whoever gets the award is gonna have earned it

I really have to agree with this.
This is going to be the best rookie race I have seen in quite a while. Usually its between two major players; this year, there can be anywhere from 5-8 SOLIDpicks for ROY.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

and dont act like yall liked him for awhile cuz i can count on my hands the nt'ers that build the band wagon that you dudes done jumped on.
Most the dudes ridin' for OJ in this thread are Grizzly fans so I know its some dudes who wasn't up on the young boi before the Grizz drafted him.

I wish we could go back to the threads his senior year in high school and summer before his freshman year when he got caught up with his people on some "wrong place at the wrong time" %*!% and 85% of people who posted in the thread were gettin' on him heavy, sayin' he a cancer, he ain't gonna do %*!% in college or the league, is a bum, etc.

Or when Bballah made the post about Juice breakin' Hackett jaw and the animals came out the woodworks sayin' he did it on purpose and aint a team player, blah blah blah.

Ya'll some turnstyle dudes, for real. Spinnin' on your heels like Chris Brown and %*!%.

Word. "NT, the only place where you can become a hall of famer, rookie of the year, MVP candidate, better than Kobe Bryant, and the best player ever towalk the earth all in the matter of a week."

I think it's funny that all these D Rose dudes are getting all butthurt because they know that their favorite player is going to play second fiddle to thesecond coming.

The league is in good hands with OJ this year and 'Gody coming in next year.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

How exactly is Rose doing a great job of being a "leader"?

I think he's a great talent right now, but he isn't making anyone better....well at least in the 3 Bulls games that I have watched, especially Deng looking
sick.gif
sick.gif

I'm sure that part of it is due to an adjustment period to the new coach and offensive system, but I saw a lot more one on one play than I normally remember with Chicago.

The guy is almost always going to be the fastest player on the court, but the rest of the Bulls look like they are in awe instead of playing with him... I know that will improve with time.

Rose is with out a doubt, the best player on the Bulls...and Gordon is the second best. In the games I saw it looks like these two are almost trying to one up each other. Maybe it's due to Gordon playing for his next contract but dude needs to really step his catch and shoot game up and stop dribbling so much...maybe he doesn't trust that if he gives it to Rose that he's gonna get it back.

Luol has the Larry Hughes syndrome going, fresh off the extension he's playing like some piss. I can't count how many open mid range jumpers he'smissed or how many he's forced when he wasn't open because he missed the wide open one. I've seen all of the Bulls games this season and if thereis one thing you can't say its that Pooh is limiting anybodies potential to do work out there. He rutinely and consistently gets everybody on the courtopen looks, if we could hit them and guard the 3 line we'd atleast be 5-3, !%$* maybe 6-2...

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

and dont act like yall liked him for awhile cuz i can count on my hands the nt'ers that build the band wagon that you dudes done jumped on.
Most the dudes ridin' for OJ in this thread are Grizzly fans so I know its some dudes who wasn't up on the young boi before the Grizz drafted him.

I wish we could go back to the threads his senior year in high school and summer before his freshman year when he got caught up with his people on some "wrong place at the wrong time" !%+$ and 85% of people who posted in the thread were gettin' on him heavy, sayin' he a cancer, he ain't gonna do !%+$ in college or the league, is a bum, etc.

Or when Bballah made the post about Juice breakin' Hackett jaw and the animals came out the woodworks sayin' he did it on purpose and aint a team player, blah blah blah.

Ya'll some turnstyle dudes, for real. Spinnin' on your heels like Chris Brown and !%+$.

Welcome to NT, home of the meat rider.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

12625e390acf547e432d6521e97c12994c3ead1.bmp

O.J.: You know I'm going to be better than you, right?
Kobe (shaking head "yes"): I know, man; I know.

laugh.gif

The Los Angeles Times (Mark Heisler) reports: Kobe Bryant, who lives for one-on-one challenges, went at it with former Trojan and soon-to-be Memphis Grizzliesrookie O.J. Mayo, a member of the U.S. Select team, last week in Las Vegas. "Kobe completely shut him down in the beginning," said U.S. managingdirector Jerry Colangelo. "But the longer they went, the better Mayo got." Bryant already knew Mayo, who attended his camp last summer, and alreadythought highly of him. "I think the world of him," Bryant said. "I think he's extremely talented. I think he has a great overall game that alot of young players don't have in terms of skills. He can handle, he can shoot, he can pass, he's fast, he's quick, so that's the wholepackage."

Originally Posted by hugebird

I think it's funny that all these D Rose dudes are getting all butthurt because they know that their favorite player is going to play second fiddle to the second coming.

The league is in good hands with OJ this year and 'Gody coming in next year.

I heard a Boozer is just considering going into early retirement once his contract ends next season because he is scared of suffering a life-threatening injuryguarding 'Gody.

Luol has the Larry Hughes syndrome going, fresh off the extension he's playing like some piss. I can't count how many open mid range jumpers he's missed or how many he's forced when he wasn't open because he missed the wide open one. I've seen all of the Bulls games this season and if there is one thing you can't say its that Pooh is limiting anybodies potential to do work out there. He rutinely and consistently gets everybody on the court open looks, if we could hit them and guard the 3 line we'd atleast be 5-3, !%$* maybe 6-2...
I'm not saying that he's totally limiting the other players, but all I am saying is that I don't like to see a pg being the teamleader in points and fg attempts.

Most of the problems on offense (including Deng's) has to do with adjusting to a new pg, I'll agree with that.
It really is a two way street, they have to learn how to play with him and he needs to do the same...he has to learn where to put the ball in places whereplayers will be successful.

I don't know if it's a jealousy thing or what, but there just seems to be waaaaay too much one on one going on, wouldn't you agree?
If Rose is really going to be the leader then I think he is the one who is going to have to sacrifice some of his game to figure out how to get those otherguys rolling, even if they seem to be struggling right now.

...and if you prefer assists or boards.

Are you an idiot????? Who wouldn't prefer an assist over boards? You do know an assist equates to 2 points at miminum right? What does arebound equate to? A rebound doesn't necessarily mean 2 points. And for a guard they should be more worried about assists over rebounds because they havethe ball in their hands alot more than big men.

An assist means you're contributing directly to your team. A rebound may mean another possession for your squad but doesn't mean you're gettingany points out of it. I swear some of ya'll OJ meat riders are lookin' like dummies and showing your lack of basketball knowledge. Where the realJuice fans at maaaaaaaaaaaan?! *raises hand high*

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

12625e390acf547e432d6521e97c12994c3ead1.bmp

O.J.: You know I'm going to be better than you, right?
Kobe (shaking head "yes"): I know, man; I know.

laugh.gif

The Los Angeles Times (Mark Heisler) reports: Kobe Bryant, who lives for one-on-one challenges, went at it with former Trojan and soon-to-be Memphis Grizzlies rookie O.J. Mayo, a member of the U.S. Select team, last week in Las Vegas. "Kobe completely shut him down in the beginning," said U.S. managing director Jerry Colangelo. "But the longer they went, the better Mayo got." Bryant already knew Mayo, who attended his camp last summer, and already thought highly of him. "I think the world of him," Bryant said. "I think he's extremely talented. I think he has a great overall game that a lot of young players don't have in terms of skills. He can handle, he can shoot, he can pass, he's fast, he's quick, so that's the whole package."
too bad he doesnt use that quickness to get in the lane

I read the other day the new Bulls' offense is designed to exploit Rose's strengths, but they also are a disadvantage to a couple other players (mainlyDeng and Thomas).

Back
Top Bottom