NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
Dude 1st game back after breaking a leg and dudes trynna call son out all ready. Wait til halfway thru the reg season before we start saying who is good at what.

In theory you would think this

However, some guys just flat out aren't good enough to "dominate" in a setting like this. It isn't easy getting off when you're expected to, but not good enough to do that.
In theory you would think this

However, some guys just flat out aren't good enough to "dominate" in a setting like this. It isn't easy getting off when you're expected to, but not good enough to do that.

"Dominate" may be hyperbole. But a clear distinction between 2nd year/vet guys and the rest of the field should be noticeable. throw numbers out of the equation.

Another example, Giannis wasnt "dominating" box scorers last summer but he arguably was the best player every time he was on the floor.

you should be able to say "that guy got better"

Last edited:
Randle doesn't light it up in his first game back after a broken leg and he's trash. :lol:

#NThottakes

Bruh did you watch? He can't play basketball at all. You can tell when somebody just has a off night or just rusty. None of that crap he was doing out there was legit. Nothing

Last edited:
Lol at cant play basketball. Come on man. Summer league is a mess going at 100 mph, he'll be fine once the regular season starts.

He needs to learn how to finish though because he always gets into the paint at will pretty much.

As much as I get excited about Randle going full speed to the rim, I think it would benefit him more if he operates in the mid-post. Sizing up dudes from 25 feet away in the half court is going to lead to congestion which will lead to bad shots and turnovers.

Randle had about 4 offensive fouls not called
laugh.gif
and KAT had way more than 9 fouls 
roll.gif

Is it possible that basketball is more than just numbers?

obviously. :rolleyes

but people here getting hot an bothered of guys putting up good or bad statlines when none of it has any correlation to how guys will perform in a season. It's a fact.

Unless some looks like fat or just totally lost for 2nd year players it's meaningless summer entertainment for basketball nerds.

Last edited:
Apparently one SL game is enough to evaluate a player and change minds. :lol:

This is the same dude who said Nerlens was trash, so his opinion is suspect off top.

idk why you think Nerlens is the best thing since slice bread but aite. you literally cosign anybody.
What happened bruh

kid game is a complete struggle. jumpshot is completely broke. idk why the lakers insist on him playing point forward but he struggles with that. cant finish over size at all. the struggle is real with the kid.

Im willing to give him time but I was disappointed with what I saw in Julius yesterday. Dude just looked like he didnt belong there

Dude hasn't played in over a year and he's being chastised. Let him get his legs under him and find a groove/confidence.

Dude hasn't played in over a year and he's being chastised. Let him get his legs under him and find a groove/confidence.

i understand that but where is the game at?

what im saying is hes not ready...hes not ready for the high expectations Laker fans are about to put on him.

Last edited:

i understand that but where is the game at?

wait im saying is hes not ready...hes not ready for the high expectations Laker fans are about to put on him.

Bruh i don't mean to offend you but you should stick to football talk

You're clearly out of your element trying to analyze basketball. I think anyone who understands the game realizes no one comes out looking like Hakeem the Dream in his prime in their 1st year playing in the league. Or better yet, in their first summer league action after breaking their leg. Your expectations for these young players are horrifically unfair.

Last edited:
Summer league to me is more about seeing which random dudes are surprisingly worth rostering, and which drafted players have progressed/show flashes. Can't judge someone in Randle's situation just yet. Type of guy I'd give until January before forming an opinion on due to the injury/time off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom