NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
I don't blame Wiz fan for being excited about Oubre but besides being black and left handed, I'm not sure what other attributes he shares with James Harden

The comparisons were going to be made because the left had and bad mohawk thing but real talk......his footwork, moves and handles around the 3pt line or before a jumper leads me to believe he patterns his game after Harden.

He can also get to the line regularly.

This comparison is only beginning and its not insane from what I just watched.

Too bad he won't get any run during the season.

Last edited:
Russell and Winslow are closer to Harden, and even then they aren't close to Harden. :lol:

Wizards had Oubre running the point yesterday when Machado went out with his injury.

He's really been fun as hell to watch.

Nobody is close to Harden skill for skill.

Thisis not going to be the last time you see someone draw this comparison, though.

I want Oubre to be great but my expectations are tempered, still not sold on his game offensively.

He's got the potential to be an all world defender though, that's what excites me most.

Oubre proving me wrong just like Winslow. :smh: Summer League I know but still.

Flourish young man. Flourish :nthat:

I like what I've seen from Oubre a lotttt.

Dude is already better than Otto Porter.

Yea a rookie in SL is better than the player that was contributing in the playoffs.

Well, Wall noticed...

"Wall said he’s been impressed with the 15th selection’s game and confident demeanor. 'Well, that’s what you need,' Wall said when asked about Oubre’s confidence. 'I think it’s easy to come in more confident. These young guys are coming in more confident now, the way they’re working out and having these different trainers that some people didn’t get.' ... 'I think he’s going to be great for us,' Wall said. 'I think he’s somebody like Otto [Porter Jr.] but probably more athletic and able to move. Otto is more methodical, moving at his own pace.'"

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Otto :lol:

Link

In all seriousness, Otto, right now, is in no danger of losing any PT to Oubre. As a matter of fact, I think most people expect Otto to carry over his strong play from the playoffs to the 15-16 season. All that being said, you just know practices will be intense and Oubre will help raise Otto's level of play because he'll go right at him on offense and do his thing on defense. Not at all saying Otto is on notice, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if that in 3 seasons, we're talking about Oubre being held in much higher regard.

Isiah Thomas thinks TJ warren is an undrafted player looking for a team to latch on to :rofl:.

He on that ooh lah lah

There is no way Oubre takes Ottos spot this year by outplaying him.
Not buying it. Endorsements are nice but that is SL, Otto put on against the worlds best and in Playoffs

Not buying it. Endorsements are nice but that is SL, Otto put on against the worlds best and in Playoffs

Who said that? :lol:

Any PT Oubre gets this year will be for his defense. He can endear himself to Wittman by getting after it on that end of the floor.

Who said that?
laugh.gif

Any PT Oubre gets this year will be for his defense. He can endear himself to Wittman by getting after it on that end of the floor.
My Nephew.

He joined NT yesterday but hasn't made his first post yet, lurk status.

He's texting me about Oubre's greatness as we speak.

Come on out nephew, defend yourself G.

Excited about the Hawks Walter Tavares, he's a physical marvel even more impressive than Gobert.

7'3 with 7'9 wingspan 270 pounds great mobility and fluidity. :x

Already rebounds and defends the rim at a high level. Only starting playing basketball in 2010 and is projecting to be a good shooter since he hits 75% at the line already.

Don't know how they got him all the way at the end of the 2nd, his upside is crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom