NBA Will Start Imposing Fines For Flopping Next Season

78347334.jpg

this dude belongs in the WNBA along with most European players. lol

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Its about time. Lots of players are going to have to man up next season. No more weak stuff.

Read the article again, it's only for the worst offenses. So, Shaq falling down when a guard half his size runs into him won't get him a fine, but Baron Davis' acting will.

Ref's can't take care of it in game because they don't have the benefit of reviewing every play.

They just need to let more go and have a little common sense. Calling less personal and technical fouls would go further in solving this problem. Let these guys play the way they did in the '80s.
That's all that needs to be said. I am sick of players trying to jump in the lane to get a charge when all they need to do is play d.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Its about time. Lots of players are going to have to man up next season. No more weak stuff.

Read the article again, it's only for the worst offenses. So, Shaq falling down when a guard half his size runs into him won't get him a fine, but Baron Davis' acting will.

Ref's can't take care of it in game because they don't have the benefit of reviewing every play.

They just need to let more go and have a little common sense. Calling less personal and technical fouls would go further in solving this problem. Let these guys play the way they did in the '80s.
That's all that needs to be said. I am sick of players trying to jump in the lane to get a charge when all they need to do is play d.

EXACTLY!

Less fouls called also could possibly mean faster/less interrupted play.

The league is soft, and everyone is saying go back to the 80's style of officiating but all you have to do is watch bulls/pistons or bulls/knicks gamesfrom the 90's to remember that physical play was still possible back then too. It's sad to see the amount of tic-tac fouls called every game stoppingthe natural flow. Everyone complains about the officials blowin the whistle and the Euro flop but as soon as there's a no call (See: Lakers v. Spurs)everyone gets heated.

Officials need to be consistent that's all I ask. If it's called in the first it should be called in the fourth.

YES!!!!!! Maybe now the league wont be a bunch of babies and play the game the way it was supposed to be played, LIKE MEN!!

YES!!! Maybe now the league can stop acting like a bunch of babies and play the game like it should be played, LIKE MEN!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Even though it's a minor penalty, it's a start. I fully expect them to see how this affects the flopping issue and adjust accordingly. If this minor penalty causes flopping to decrease, then I would expect that they just stick with this penalty. If this minor penalty does nothing to decrease flopping, then I expect worse consequences to be in order.

You don't send your kid to military camp the first time he or she steals another kid's Legos in kindergarten. You start small, and adjust from there.

So I'll take it, because it's a start.

With that being said, if the league continues to crack down on this, the following players should probably consider retirement:

- Ginobili (named first for a reason)
- D-Fish (named second to make sure y'all see it)
- Varejao
- D-Wade (sorry, WILLINC; your boy is a culprit)
- Bowen
- the Utah Jazz (I saw your comment, Verdykt.
laugh.gif
)
- Nash
- Raja
- Chauncey
- Rip
- Sasha Vujacic (I don't see him as that bad of an offender, but I see him getting worst and worst each week)

Add Iverson to that list.

i don't know. doesn't seem like this would do that much.

say Manu has a game-winning flop tonight to give the Spurs the ball and seal up the game. you don't think the Spurs would pay that %$*% out of pocket?

he most likely has nothing to worry about. as long as the organizations see the drawing of fouls as beneficial to the team, they will take care of anyone thatdoes it.

is AI an exaggerater? yeah. flopper? no. we're talking true FLOPPERS here.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Even though it's a minor penalty, it's a start. I fully expect them to see how this affects the flopping issue and adjust accordingly. If this minor penalty causes flopping to decrease, then I would expect that they just stick with this penalty. If this minor penalty does nothing to decrease flopping, then I expect worse consequences to be in order.

You don't send your kid to military camp the first time he or she steals another kid's Legos in kindergarten. You start small, and adjust from there.

So I'll take it, because it's a start.

With that being said, if the league continues to crack down on this, the following players should probably consider retirement:

- Ginobili (named first for a reason)
- D-Fish (named second to make sure y'all see it)
- Varejao
- D-Wade (sorry, WILLINC; your boy is a culprit)
- Bowen
- the Utah Jazz (I saw your comment, Verdykt.
laugh.gif
)
- Nash
- Raja
- Chauncey
- Rip
- Sasha Vujacic (I don't see him as that bad of an offender, but I see him getting worst and worst each week)

throw Horry on there too

i cannot believe that this is avtually true
roll.gif
roll.gif
maybe someone pulled a prank at ESPN.

but any ways big time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i don't know. doesn't seem like this would do that much.

say Manu has a game-winning flop tonight to give the Spurs the ball and seal up the game. you don't think the Spurs would pay that %$*% out of pocket?

he most likely has nothing to worry about. as long as the organizations see the drawing of fouls as beneficial to the team, they will take care of anyone that does it.

is AI an exaggerater? yeah. flopper? no. we're talking true FLOPPERS here.

Well isn't flopping itself just overexaggeration after contact? A.I. counts too man.

BTW...

This is truely the end of the Spurs dynasty.
pimp.gif

Good, the flopping was getting really annoying. They shouldn't fine though, instead give out technicals or something.

cant wait to see the first two or three weeks of the regualr season next year. It's gonna look like that year with all the Technicals.

Calling techs instead would have a much bigger impact- but besides, this new "rule" will only last through like 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom