NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

If this thread gets locked up then you might as well shut NT down as a whole. We can't even have an objective conversation without someone's feelings getting hurt.
It ain't getting locked because of that imo

There's been plenty nuanced back and forth on the subject at hand which is cool. That part isn't the reason it would get locked

It might get locked because it might venture way off road like how the Derrick Jaxn thread became a 2nd home to a previous thread on a various of topics and then spun off into even more other things (which I participated in myself 🤐)

Would never work...Bill specializes in self hate and Farrakhan blames the white man for everything
200 (11).gif

Bill's peoples said this whole thing was racially fueled and Farrakhan likes his respectability politics too

They have operated in different genres but I am sure if they get in the studio together they can come out with a banger
Bill's peoples said this whole thing was racially fueled and Farrakhan likes his respectability politics too

They have operated in different genres but I am sure if they get in the studio together they can come out with a banger
tenor.gif

I

Dudes been holding on to grudges for years :lol:

**** is crazy. Its like you dont even remember what you even said to piss them off that much. but years and even decades they stay mad and take shots at you every chance they get.

Ive had a couple like that on here in my 21 year niketalk career.

seriously like if someone dont like somebody just dont read their ****. put them on ignore. that simple.

False dichotomy.

Its not an either / or.

We can do more than chose sides.

Ex.

In light of what the DAs did, is Bill Cosby's imprisonment something we should celebrate? Would you be Ok if the DA did this to someone in your family? Are we supporting prosecutorial misconduct now?

Yeah Cosby is a scumbag. That doesn't mean the DA didn't do anything wrong. Whoever's willing to ignore that has questionable morals.
Sounds like you're trying to turn Cosby into THE victim of this entire affair when he admitted in court to drugging and raping women, and some people in his professional circle must have been aware of his other reputation (the accusations go as far back as the 1960s, way before any of us here we're even born).

A proper analogy to the situation is this: DA had to solve a problem, and the judge told him to show his work. He couldn't do it without cheating, got the right result, got caught, and didn't get credited for the answer. As a result, Cosby got to walk and ultimately, no justice has been served. If the justice system were perfect, he WOULD be in jail because of HIS actions, not the DA's. Since that's not the case, we have to live with letting guilty people free for fear of incarcerating the innocent (and I'm OK with that).

And I'm not even touching the whole "justice system is coming for Black folks" angle his team and supporters have tried to use to defend him considering that Cosby had no trouble using diet-white supremacy talk and letting neocons use the Dr Huxtable archetype to talk down to black people.

In the years after the Cosby Show, his legacy took on an additional dimension as Cosby’s message of success morphed into a more pointed critique against black America’s moral failings, with Cosby touring the country to “call out” the black community for focusing so much on discrimination and racism, chiding poor black people for their status in society, and arguing that personal responsibility was the key to success.

See also, the infamous 2004 Poundcake Speech.

His release is not something to celebrate.

Sounds like you're trying to turn Cosby into THE victim of this entire affair when he admitted in court to drugging and raping women, and some people in his professional circle must have been aware of his other reputation (the accusations go as far back as the 1960s, way before any of us here we're even born).

A proper analogy to the situation is this: DA had to solve a problem, and the judge told him to show his work. He couldn't do it without cheating, got the right result, got caught, and didn't get credited for the answer. As a result, Cosby got to walk and ultimately, no justice has been served. If the justice system were perfect, he WOULD be in jail because of HIS actions, not the DA's. Since that's not the case, we have to live with letting guilty people free for fear of incarcerating the innocent (and I'm OK with that).

And I'm not even touching the whole "justice system is coming for Black folks" angle his team and supporters have tried to use to defend him considering that Cosby had no trouble using diet-white supremacy talk and letting neocons use the Dr Huxtable archetype to talk down to black people.

There’s so much wrong with this post. But as a point of fact Bill Cosby did not admit to drugging and raping women. He maintained his innocence throughout. He certainly didn’t admit that in court.

People interpreted a “yes” answer in a deposition to a carefully crafted question from a lawyer and came to the conclusion that he drug and raped women. It was certainly one way the answer could have been interpreted but it is far from the only way. To act as if Cosby said “I admit I drug women” or “I admit I raped women” is completely false.

That definitely makes this worse - what he did was terrible but his massive hypocrisy exacerbates that.

It's a bit like some athletes who cheated and Lance Armstrong. The fact that he lied for so long and caused so much harm with his cheating makes him worse than a lot of others.

"Sounds like you're trying to turn Cosby into THE victim"...

How is Cosby not a victim of judicial malpractice? Please elaborate.

"A proper analogy"

Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with the facts from the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. :lol:

"And I'm not even touching the whole "justice system is coming for Black folks"

Of course you're not. I wouldn't either if I could "opt-out". Must be nice.

Look - I don't know why my comment(s) struck such a nerve but saying Cosby isn't a victim is factually incorrect.

If this statement bothers you then you have a problem with the truth, not me.

Cosby - victim of judicial malpractice

Women - victims of sexual assault x judicial malpractice

Both these statements are factually correct - no matter how we "feel" about it.

Judicial System - all authority / no accountably.

Way too many people are in prison over judicial BS for us to be ever be obtuse - that is if we claim to be about justice.

If you're more mad about Cosby getting out than the DA whose actions caused his illegal imprisonment and subsequent release, all under the guise of "justice for the victims" then I dont know what to tell you.

Cosby violated those women but the Judicial System violated them BOTH.

"THE victim?"

Last edited:
"Sounds like you're trying to turn Cosby into THE victim"...

How is Cosby not a victim of judicial malpractice? Please elaborate.

"A proper analogy"

Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with the facts from the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. :lol:

"And I'm not even touching the whole "justice system is coming for Black folks"

Of course you're not. I wouldn't either if I could "opt-out". Must be nice.

Look - I don't know why my comment(s) struck such a nerve but saying Cosby isn't a victim is factually incorrect.

If this statement bothers you then you have a problem with the truth, not me.

Judicial System - all authority / no accountably.

Way too many people are in prison over judicial BS for us to be ever be obtuse - that is if we claim to be about justice.

If you're more mad about Cosby getting out than the DA whose actions caused his illegal imprisonment and subsequent release, all under the guise of "justice for the victims" then I dont know what to tell you.

Cosby violated those women but the Judicial System violated them BOTH.

"THE victim?"

Judicial System - all authority / no accountably

I disagree. They elevated the case to the PA Supreme Court (which is part of the judicial system) and the system corrected itself by overturning Cosby's sentence. I would agree with the "no accountability" part if there was no way to challenge the decisions of the courts within the system itself. So, how is Bill a victim, when he won by using all the tools of the judicial system?

You can demand accountability from the courts, but you also have to demand it from those individuals who have portrayed themselves and their professional work as a paragon of everything Black people ought to do and ought to be.

what he did was terrible but his massive hypocrisy exacerbates that

The guy spent the last decade and a half serving Black people the reheated "personal responsibility" spiel only to run away from the consequences of his actions when he got exposed.

But we're supposed to be happy that he got out.

There’s so much wrong with this post. But as a point of fact Bill Cosby did not admit to drugging and raping women. He maintained his innocence throughout. He certainly didn’t admit that in court.

People interpreted a “yes” answer in a deposition to a carefully crafted question from a lawyer and came to the conclusion that he drug and raped women. It was certainly one way the answer could have been interpreted but it is far from the only way. To act as if Cosby said “I admit I drug women” or “I admit I raped women” is completely false.
“People came up with the conclusion that he’s a rapist”

yet here you are with the same info of drugging women over several years in multiple accounts but he’s done “nothing wrong”. Sounds just like your “Trump isn’t a racist” argument. The person has to say word for word “I’m a rapist” or else they’re not. Other than that it’s “I don’t know them personally”. Gotcha

:lol: Imagine going to bat for this serial whatever you wanna call him since you don't want to use rapist. Out here drugging dozens of women and wants your sympathy but got none if you get your brains splattered over a 1 dollar item.
Right? You want to argue against the legal system, fine. But you wanna use THIS as the basis of your thesis and NOT look like a rapist apologist? :rofl: Amazing

Last edited:
Been a while since I've seen this kind of consistent energy in a thread. Feels like a throwback to the old days of Niketalk. Got me feeling nostalgic.

“People came up with the conclusion that he’s a rapist”

yet here you are with the same info of drugging women over several years in multiple accounts but he’s done “nothing wrong”. Sounds just like your “Trump isn’t a racist” argument. The person has to say word for word “I’m a rapist” or else they’re not. Other than that it’s “I don’t know them personally”. Gotcha

I didn’t say Cosby did “nothing wrong”

And I haven’t said “Trump isn’t a racist”

You made both of those things up boss

Back
Top Bottom