NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

I’ll take the under on that

ill take the over but I don't think anyone doing anything that warrants that.

at this point I'm a little lost on what people are disagreeing on..but I'm too lazy to read each post cuz it's heated and not comedy.

bottom line is, to me, cosby has way too many women coming at him for me to say nah they all full of ****. like however he worded his version of events...nah he forever suspect. one way or the other, he did a lotta **** to women that was outta pocket.

it is odd that Phylicia rashad is fully backing him...i love that woman so I feel some type of way about it. but in any case. cosby is done. but the Huxtables are forever.

i think my biggest takeaway is that I wish women were treated with respect and dignity enough to feel like they can come forward at the time of these events so they can get dealt with then and not decades later when it becomes a matter of he said she said (generally speaking). particularly in cases of rape.

fear of power really crushes women and they get violated without being held down and that needs to be considered. word to matt lauer and his villain button in his office.

also for that matter, the justice system is way too efficient at locking people up while maintaining an inhumane backlog of rape kits waiting to be processed. like, wtf is that?

Last edited:
I disagree. They elevated the case to the PA Supreme Court (which is part of the judicial system) and the system corrected itself by overturning Cosby's sentence. I would agree with the "no accountability" part if there was no way to challenge the decisions of the courts within the system itself. So, how is Bill a victim, when he won by using all the tools of the judicial system?

You can demand accountability from the courts, but you also have to demand it from those individuals who have portrayed themselves and their professional work as a paragon of everything Black people ought to do and ought to be.

The guy spent the last decade and a half serving Black people the reheated "personal responsibility" spiel only to run away from the consequences of his actions when he got exposed.

But we're supposed to be happy that he got out.

Accountability? What punishment did the DA receive for imprisoning a citizen for 2 years under judicial malpractice - thus denying the victims justice?

"The guy spent the last decade and a half serving Black people the reheated "personal responsibility" spiel only to run away from the consequences of his actions when he got exposed." = not a crime.

Last edited:
I hope Howard doesn't cave

“Had I been assaulted while a student of Dean Rashad, I can’t say that I would have ever come forward. Because I would have feared her retribution and her judgment,” she wrote, saying she “most likely would have stayed silent.”

Can't knock anyone for having a perspective, but quotes like this are ridiculous. Does this student actually believe this? Like Rashad being Dean would have caused her to not say anything? Even though her tweet came out this week?!

Phylicia Rashad has openly supported him the entire time that he maintained his innocence. Her statement after his wrongful conviction was overturned couldn’t have been surprising to Howard or any student familiar with her open support.

Phylicia Rashad has openly supported him the entire time that he maintained his innocence. Her statement after his wrongful conviction was overturned couldn’t have been surprising to Howard or any student familiar with her open support.
Who cares if it’s surprising or not? Howard students have been upset because apparently the school has a bad history with survivors of sexual assault. Her comments only added to that legacy.

Who cares if it’s surprising or not? Howard students have been upset because apparently the school has a bad history with survivors of sexual assault. Her comments only added to that legacy.

Phylicia Rashad did not support sexual assault or rape. She supported a person that was accused and wrongfully convicted.

One can think sexual assault and rape are horrendous and support a person that was accused of those crimes and wrongfully convicted.

I’m sure that Howard students can understand the nuance there. All of the Howard graduates I know certainly can.

On the topic of sexual assault and college campuses, I highly recommend the documentary The Hunting Ground, it's in HBO max. Colleges go through great lengths to hide sexual assaults. I know Howard wants zero affiliation with that implication.

Phylicia Rashad did not support sexual assault or rape. She supported a person that was accused and wrongfully convicted.

One can think sexual assault and rape are horrendous and support a person that was accused of those crimes and wrongfully convicted.

I’m sure that Howard students can understand the nuance there. All of the Howard graduates I know certainly can.
You’re presenting a word salad and false equivalency, as usual. Who said that she supported sexual assault or rape?

I said that Howard has a poor history dealing with survivors, and both students and alumni have noted that. The Bill Cosby situation involves MANY survivors of sexual assault. If she didn’t think that her tweet could be seen as offensive, triggering or hurtful to victims of sexual assault then there was no need for her to apologize. As an administrator of the university, it was an idiotic tweet to make given her standing and the school’s history.

In no way did I accuse her or imply that she supports sexual assault or rape. You’re just making straw man argument.

bottom line is, to me, cosby has way too many women coming at him for me to say nah they all full of ****. like however he worded his version of events...nah he forever suspect. one way or the other, he did a lotta **** to women that was outta pocket.
When you think about it from a ratio or percentage aspect - dude being sexually active for 40-50 years, traveling all over the world (literally), attending parties, damn near everyday the number of women coming forward is pretty low.

And you gotta remember, the whole 50 Shades of Grey franchise is predicated on doing stuff that is "outta pocket"...

Lol cancel culture is trying to bite off more than they can chew. Phylicia Rashad is teflon. Bout to have Tyler Perry and Oprah hold a Cosby show reunion off the top rope

You’re presenting a word salad and false equivalency, as usual. Who said that she supported sexual assault or rape?

I said that Howard has a poor history dealing with survivors, and both students and alumni have noted that. The Bill Cosby situation involves MANY survivors of sexual assault. If she didn’t think that her tweet could be seen as offensive, triggering or hurtful to victims of sexual assault then there was no need for her to apologize. As an administrator of the university, it was an idiotic tweet to make given her standing and the school’s history.

In no way did I accuse her or imply that she supports sexual assault or rape. You’re just making straw man argument.

I respectfully disagree.

Numerous things can serve as triggers for individuals due to traumas in their past. Phylicia Rashad openly supporting someone that was wrongly convicted is not stupid because it may trigger some students.

You are calling it a strawman, yet your position relies on actual victims of sexual assault being triggered by Phylicia Rashad supporting someone who was wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

When you think about it from a ratio or percentage aspect - dude being sexually active for 40-50 years, traveling all over the world (literally), attending parties, damn near everyday the number of women coming forward is pretty low.

And you gotta remember, the whole 50 Shades of Grey franchise is predicated on doing stuff that is "outta pocket"...

So it’s okay to only rape a couple of people if you’ve been sleeping around all over the world?

I’ve met a lot of kids - but it’s okay, I only murdered a few of them.

Lol cancel culture is trying to bite off more than they can chew. Phylicia Rashad is teflon. Bout to have Tyler Perry and Oprah hold a Cosby show reunion off the top rope
Yeah that’s completely outta left field just to flex. What the heck was she “supposed” to do? People are stupid

Numerous things can serve as triggers for individuals due to traumas in their past. Phylicia Rashad openly supporting someone that was wrongly convicted is not stupid because it may trigger some students.
It’s stupid because though his conviction was overturned, it doesn’t mean that the droves of women who came out with their own stories were lying. She made no statement about believing the victims, but supporting the legal procedure, or anything of that nature. When there are many other students out there who presumably feel that their abusers haven’t been held accountable, whether that be by the university or system, then it’s obvious to see how this could be triggering. Her statement wasn’t nuanced at all, which is why she quickly walked it back.

It’s stupid because though his conviction was overturned, it doesn’t mean that the droves of women who came out with their own stories were lying. She made no statement about believing the victims, but supporting the legal procedure, or anything of that nature. When there are many other students out there who presumably feel that their abusers haven’t been held accountable, whether that be by the university or system, then it’s obvious to see how this could be triggering. Her statement wasn’t nuanced at all, which is why she quickly walked it back.

He is presumed innocent. Period.

His conviction being overturned has no bearing on the veracity of the accusations. Just like the conviction being overturned doesn’t mean the women were lying, it also doesn’t mean that the women were telling the truth.

If he did what he’s accused of, it’s horrible. If he didn’t, it’s horrible because he was wrongfully convicted.

Like I said yesterday, believing women shouldn’t come at the expense of the presumption of innocence.

Neither should believing men.

His conviction being overturned has no bearing on the veracity of the accusations. Just like the conviction being overturned doesn’t mean the women were lying, it also doesn’t mean that the women were telling the truth
You’re getting it. Which is why she shouldn’t have ran quickly to make a statement without nuance that doesn’t consider the impact on victims. And also why she quickly amended her statement to add that nuance. Glad we agree.

Back
Top Bottom