NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

the laughter is from the audience, not the show itself so don't panic

This.
It might just be me but New Girl is one of the funniest shows on tv right now.

It's up there which is sad because it isn't THAT good. It's lack of competition. But I watch it it's funny

Raising hope was great but now thee probably isn't anywhere to go

Bobs burgers is awesome.

Sunny and Louie. Maybe curb comes back

Modern fam, south park, the league. Happy endings has its moments

I guess there actually isn't a lack of good comedies. It's just NBC is gonna be screwed after these shows are over

Community might replace 30 rock once it's done.
NBC would never do this
Why not? 30 Rock is only getting 13 episodes this season and it's already been announced it's the final season. It would make sense to put Community in their timeslot once they finish up.

And there's no way there's a lack of good comedies out right now. 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, Happy Endings, The League, Always Sunny, Louie, Bob's Burgers, South Park, Archer, Community, New Girl has potential, American Dad, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Community might replace 30 rock once it's done.
NBC would never do this
Why not? 30 Rock is only getting 13 episodes this season and it's already been announced it's the final season. It would make sense to put Community in their timeslot once they finish up.

And there's no way there's a lack of good comedies out right now. 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, Happy Endings, The League, Always Sunny, Louie, Bob's Burgers, South Park, Archer, Community, New Girl has potential, American Dad, and I'm sure I'm missing some.
That's why NBC won't do it

nbc is a mess. They're lacking in hit comedies and dramas. They still have SVU but not much else.

30 Rock only got 13 episodes for their final season SERIOUSLY?

I caught the season premiere but havent gotten around to watching the last two episodes. still a good show.

30 Rock might feel the pressure to deliver the final season, because it's been prime 30 Rock so far.

30 Rock might feel the pressure to deliver the final season, because it's been prime 30 Rock so far.

I've noticed this too--- didn't think the one about tracy being the politician was all that funny tho :lol: But I've def noticed it's a step up from last season. Going out with a bang, that's why I love Tina Fey :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

There was a commotion on the set of NBC comedyCommunity  yesterday. I hear hot-tempered co-star Chevy Chase had another outburst, this time featuring the N-word. It appears that the tirade was not addressed at Black cast members Donald Glover or Yvette Nicole Brown. People close to the situation say that Chase had been increasingly frustrated and uncomfortable with the direction of his character, Pierce, who is a bigot. After getting fed more lines he found offensive during a scene yesterday, I hear he snapped and launched the tirade, airing his frustration and suggesting that the way things with Pierce are going, he may next be asked to call Troy (Glover) or Shirley  (Brown) the N-Word. I hear the outburst upset the cast. Chase later apologized. The racial content of his tirade does appear out of character for Chase, who once marched in the civil rights movement, but the blowup itself is not. Chase is known for having a short fuse and storming off the set ofCommunity  in the middle of a scene if he is not happy with the script. His feud with show’s creator/former showrunner Dan Harmon last year escalated into a profanity-laced message  Chase left on Harmon’s voice mail.

According to our sources, Chase got so heated while discussing his character, he yelled out something along the lines of ... What's next? Am I gonna say the word ni**er?

We're told Chase apologized to the cast and crew for the comment, which was not directed at anyone in particular, certainly not the show's African-American cast members, Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/20/chevy-chase-community-rant/#ixzz29sNIVGQb
via Deadline and TMZ

It doesn't seem like it was a racist outburst but more the usual "Chevy hates his character" outburst... regardless, it's another example of Chevy being a huge jerk and how much he hates the show he continues to be apart of.

^

but honestly, as I black person I'm glad he's standing up for that---he doesn't like the direction is character is going in and he's saying something about it. Should he have gone on a tirade ? No. But it shows he passionate about it at least...

Back
Top Bottom