NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Please change thread title.

Gotta say though despite being glad it seems that'll it actually air I don't know/see why they didn't just air it now and finish the season. It's more than clear to me they won't be renewing for a 5th season.

Unless this is some plan by NBC to stall and delay the show in order to create a buzz and uproar by fans in order to attract new viewers.

Last edited:
... That's legit 4 months away.

And in keeping with the thought of them being in college, how the hell does it makes sense to start the season with only 4 months left in the academic year?

mean.gif

I confess myself disappointed.
They already have episodes filmed and I don't think the delay caused a stop in production, so I'll assume all of the episodes will air as scheduled just way late.

Gotta say though despite being glad it seems that'll it actually air I don't know/see why they didn't just air it now and finish the season. It's more than clear to me they won't be renewing for a 5th season.

Unless this is some plan by NBC to stall and delay the show in order to create a buzz and uproar by fans in order to attract new viewers.
You never know with NBC, Up All Night has ratings in the toilet and rather than cancel it, they're retooling and making it a multi-camera show in front of an audience. Whitney will probably be canned, Animal Practice already gone, Guys with Kids likely.. unless they have another big crop of sitcoms next season, they could still bring it back because they have no other options.

You never know with NBC, Up All Night has ratings in the toilet and rather than cancel it, they're retooling and making it a multi-camera show in front of an audience. Whitney will probably be canned, Animal Practice already gone, Guys with Kids likely.. unless they have another big crop of sitcoms next season, they could still bring it back because they have no other options.
:x Did not know that. Guys with Kids should be cancelled.

:lol: Animal Pracitce. Strange how they gave that show no chance at all. I don't think more than 3 eps had aired for it and I think they already announced cancellation after the 2nd ep. Guy from Weeds had no chance.

I'm hopeful but my expectations couldn't be lower.

Between how consistent CBS has been (even though I don't care for most of their comedies), ABC's dominance with that MF and the other quality shows behind it, and FOX on the rise, NBC is becoming a joke.

And considering in the 2nd season they took away the workplace aspect of the show in an effort to focus on the family and home, this would be another major change to the show. I'd assume because Lorne Michaels is an executive producer, NBC is more willing to be patient and give the show more chances because of the longstanding relationship between NBC and Michaels.

so chevy chase is leaving community.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Chase didn't quit ... nor was he fired ... but it was a "mutual decision" between the actor and producers.  

FYI -- producers have already shot the majority of the upcoming season ... and Chase will remain in those episodes. It's unclear if Chase's exit will be explained on the show ... or if it will simply go on as if Pierce Hawthorne never existed. 

The move comes as no surprise -- Chase has been very critical of the show ... and famously left a nasty voicemail for creator Dan Harmon  ... basically telling him that he sucks.

Alan Sepinwall said on Twitter they already filmed the season finale and Pierce is in it.. and there were only two episodes left.

So they probably won't get a chance to write him off, he just won't be in two episodes.

On the one hand, it's the best thing for both parties since Chase has been a vocal critic of his own show, pretty much since the beginning. On the other hand, with two episodes left, Chevy really couldn't be a professional and finish out his contract?

It will be interesting if they get a magical new season renewal and Pierce isn't involved, but since I doubt that happens, oh well.

I await the humours way they'll depict Chevy's departure :lol: ; funny death scene a la star burns, allude to him but act as if he never existed, or next season (if there is one :frown: ) go ep to ep with a guest star as Pierce (Ted Danzen, Christopher Walken, etc.)

Last edited:
Watching this show, idk how the hell it isn't up there with parks/the office/30 rock.

Its just as funny and I like the characters alot. I hate America sometimes lol

I await the humours way they'll depict Chevy's departure
laugh.gif
; funny death scene a la star burns, allude to him but act as if he never existed, or next season (if there is one
frown.gif
) go ep to ep with a guest star as Pierce (Ted Danzen, Christopher Walken, etc.)
That would be pretty funny to have different actors play the role of Pierce Hawthorne. Haha.

Anyway, I finally picked up all three seasons of Community off Amazon for $36. Can't wait.

I await the humours way they'll depict Chevy's departure :lol: ; funny death scene a la star burns, allude to him but act as if he never existed, or next season (if there is one :frown: ) go ep to ep with a guest star as Pierce (Ted Danzen, Christopher Walken, etc.)
Someone get NBC on the phone this instant!

I await the humours way they'll depict Chevy's departure :lol: ; funny death scene a la star burns, allude to him but act as if he never existed, or next season (if there is one :frown: ) go ep to ep with a guest star as Pierce (Ted DanzenDanson, Christopher Walken, etc.)

Allison is truly my biggest crush in hollywood. I love her man.

I'll marry her one day. Mark my words

Back
Top Bottom