NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

This show sucks now.

Seasons 1-3 were some of the greatest television ever tho.
smokin.gif
Wait, so after two episodes you're done with the show now
roll.gif

All these fake fans are hilarious.

They could only string out the development of Jeff and his dad for so long, so it's about time they started going down that road. 

I realize that its about time they did it, I just hope the do something worthwhile with it.

From Harmons Reddit AMA while season 4 started produciton:
"One thing I'm sure will happen in Season 4 is Jeff will meet his Dad, because we were going to do it in Season 3 but then one of the NBC execs started saying "just make sure Jeff meeting his Dad isn't a dark story," and I didn't want to write one of the series' most important stories under that hex, so I said, "let's just punt that story to Season 4." And we ended Season 3 with Jeff googling his Dad, so ... !"

From last year: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/dan-harmons-reddit-ama/

EDIT: So I'm reading through some of the Reddit highlights and Harmon actually considered Fred Willard for the role of Pierce. It was actually cool to him play Pierce for 1 episode 8)

Last edited:
This show sucks now.

Seasons 1-3 were some of the greatest television ever tho.
smokin.gif
Wait, so after two episodes you're done with the show now
roll.gif

All these fake fans are hilarious.
Where did I say I was done?

And what exactly is a fake fan?

Please respond.
You didn't say you were done but to say the show sucks now is a bit much, it's like the Season 3 slowly getting better.

Imo I dont see how anybody can be a fan of a show and be so judgemental of the season so early.

Did the first 2 episodes not suck? They didn't even have the same "community" feel to them. Second episode was closer to the real thing, but it was still off

Imo I dont see how anybody can be a fan of a show and be so judgemental of the season so early.

You can't?

They fired Dan Harmon and made a season without him.

Imagine if you heard they fired Chris Nolan between TDK and TDKR. Or Peter Jackson before The Hobbit. Or Joss Whedon before Avengers 2.

I'm not saying Community was that great, but he was that important to what they did. It's not like they would not make those movies, but a lot of people would get real skeptical and judgmental, because a part of what made those things great, was that particular person's voice and vision. And for damn sure nobody thought he was the problem with the show.

You can brush that off or get past that easy, but this is a cult show and I got no problem with anyone who can't, cuz that's a pretty big thing. It changed the DNA of the show.

I wonder what replies would be like if ppl didn't know Dan Harmon was fired or didn't even know the name of the creator/show runner.

Imma start going back to a certain level of ignorance regarding some of my tv shows. This much access to info tends to skew opinions way too much. I'd rather come to the conclusion that the show has fell off from the quality alone instead of knowing the creator is gone and looking for changes because of that.

I wonder what replies would be like if ppl didn't know Dan Harmon was fired or didn't even know the name of the creator/show runner.

Imma start going back to a certain level of ignorance regarding some of my tv shows. This much access to info tends to skew opinions way too much. I'd rather come to the conclusion that the show has fell off from the quality alone instead of knowing the creator is gone and looking for changes because of that.
The dedicated fans of the show probably would sense something was different. Or at least, notice less of the Harmon genius popping up as often. (if that happens to be the case)

When I was younger, I didn't know about Larry David leaving Seinfeld the last few seasons. But when I watched the early episodes compared to the final ones, I could tell there was a big difference in a lot of the episodes and premises... even if I didn't have that exact knowledge.

Same happened with The Office, The Simpsons, and pretty much any other great comedy that goes on more than a few seasons. Most of the time, declining quality is due in part to the creative well running dry (The Office) but also to writer turnover, changing showrunners, etc. Knowing that Greg Daniels left his job as showrunner at the Office after season 4 didn't cause me to think seasons 5 and beyond were terrible, but explained what I already suspected. More times than not for me, being an informed viewer hasn't drastically hurt my viewing experiences.

Last edited:
The do the right thing joke had me. And brittas costume

There's something off with this episode. The first ep was good. This is just... Off. Too on the nose. The humor is different. I just, I dunno. Don't see much ambition. I did like the boxing gloves tough it was nice

Nice to see gus

Last edited:
Damn I just read the synopsis of what the nick cage episode would be

See THAT is ambitious. That is creative with immense potential. I'm so ******g mad

I'm curious, what was so interesting about Brittas costume or The boxing gloves?

I'm curious, what was so interesting about Brittas costume or The boxing gloves?

i think the boxing gloves belong to jeff's dad, im not sure about britta's costume but i thought it related to troy's costume somehow

Back
Top Bottom