**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

As for Bun B, I think he was asking a genuine question in his tweet not making a statement.

Nah i don't believe its in his best interest to leave this alone. Even if he doesn't win if he comes out and makes this a good battle, which he DOES have the skill to atleast put out a solid/good diss track then it's worth it.

He knows he has the soft image he gotta atleast put a bruise on a rap ##%@%* career, and for it to come against common would draw alot of respect from the hiphop world.

It especially helps that common is a mature dude and there is 0% chance this leaves wax

Originally Posted by tyisny

Nah i don't believe its in his best interest to leave this alone. Even if he doesn't win if he comes out and makes this a good battle, which he DOES have the skill to atleast put out a solid/good diss track then it's worth it.

He knows he has the soft image he gotta atleast put a bruise on a rap ##%@%* career, and for it to come against common would draw alot of respect from the hiphop world.

It especially helps that common is a mature dude and there is 0% chance this leaves wax

I agree, even if Drake gets bodied, as long as he puts up a valiant effort (no subliminal disses) then he'll earn some respect, of course not from the Hip-Hop Elitist we have here on NT though
laugh.gif
grin.gif

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Antidope

Lol what happened in this thread. How can people be picking sides when this battle truly hasnt started yet? If one of them is your favorite rapper by all means go ahead but other than that I dont get it. Blindly hating on people for no reason

Don't even try to make sense of it, you'll get a headache, trust me
laugh.gif

These dudes will post up their girl problems in the general forum all day, but let a rapper make a song about it and he's soft as tissue
eyes.gif
.  And the funniest part is, if you like that artist then that somehow correlates to how little you know about hip-hop
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

serenacommon2bm2zh2.jpg
drakeserena01.jpg

indifferent.gif
 If they are fighting over this beast
sick.gif

Damn, this rap beef is about to set light skinned brothers back another 10 years
laugh.gif
 we aint never coming back after this one
tired.gif

Drake is stuck.  Lyrically he is out of his league and he won't get any "style points" for going at Common and getting smacked around even more. He needs to stay in his place, and keep making his style of music....girls don't care about Hip Hop beefs.

Originally Posted by Cookie

drake would be stupid to respond. if drake responds his career might take a big hit. he has no ammo at common. if he doesnt say anything stans would see common come out as looking corny. whatever he says at common wont sting. common on the other hand has plenty of ammo and the delivery to really get at aubrey if he does respond.

the people who care the most about this are generally buying Drake albums...

on a large scale drake will be good cuz his general audience of women and younger guys don't care much for what common has to say

I feel like I'm in the !*%@ hair salon in this thread.  Bunch of grown men gossipin' over a malnourished "beef" that won't even see flight.

Half you _'s gettin' your tracks redone and the other half gettin' finger waves.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SD78NRZ2
Wow, never knew that about either of them.
Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

" DISS ME AND YOU'LL NEVER HEAR A REPLY TO IT" 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DRAKE SHOULD HAVE NEVER RESPONDED, HE IS TOO EASY OF A TARGET
this might be the unraveling of YMCMB.
other than Nicki, it seems like they all took a stance to never diss anyone back.

even when Wayne went at 50 it was an unreleased track (that could have been stolen)

older/more established rappers can take shots all day until they seem OD pet for not replying.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

SO IT BEGINS.......(found this online)
Son, someone on KTT made this for a cover for Common's diss.
I hope this wasn't your attempt at instigation
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

dudes talkin bout but comm got him lyrically 
laugh.gif

its 2012 and if drake drop a few hot bars, hes gonna come out with the w.
just look at their fanbases

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I feel like I'm in the !*%@ hair salon in this thread.  Bunch of grown men gossipin' over a malnourished "beef" that won't even see flight.

Half you _'s gettin' your tracks redone and the other half gettin' finger waves.
my N' Lew 
laugh.gif

my thoughts exactly...

I'll say this... for as much as I love Common I think a lot of you are selling Aurbrey short.

He makes some satin esque songs but he can go in with the pen, he's not a slouch. I'm not saying this to say that he's going to win or that he's even going to respond, even though he's kinda put himself in a rough spot with that whole stance about people dissing him but not having the balls to come out and say they're dissing him. So now that its happened how will he respond? While in the grand scheme of things it won't hurt him popularity/sales wise hip hop history will remember it.

But like its been said I'll wait to judge this once/if more material has come from it.

Although these are two of the least threatening dudes to ever beef in hip hop, I do like the fact that it's happening. I was surprised though, all of my high-school students are saying that Common just roasted Drake and are starting to say him and Wayne are butt buddies
laugh.gif
. I definitely expected the exact opposite from some hood 14-18 year olds. I'm really not sure at all how this is gonna play out, but I think Drake should definitely say something. Kind of difficult to just brush this one under the rug and keep it moving.

common_4.jpg

didn't common do a record with the Jonas Brothers?

Common fell off and this solidified it for me....

dog, your common....

Back
Top Bottom