**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by toughmoney

damn that's the best beat Common ever got to rap on.
laugh.gif
Uhhh...no.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Common destroyed Westside Connection...think about it.

Most of me too young to even understand...Common went HARD at a crew of legit west coast ninjas.... And was bout that life if they came to the Chi. AND he went to LA.Common if far far far from a punk. I don't understand kids these days
Thing is, cats don't know just how dope of a lyricist Common is.  This is one of the GREATEST rappers in hip-hop history.  Whoever said that dude is setting Drake up for the KO is absolutely right.  Com is just doing this $!!@ for fun.  Like it was mentioned before, he's got his acting chops and he's getting paid from that (as well as music).  Drake should just take the L now and not make this $!!@ any worse or more embarrassing.  He's got his crew of enablers around him to gas him up as if this is nothing....but everyone sees dude for what he is.  He doesn't want this w. Common.  At all. 

laugh.gif
@ Canada Dry

Most of them too young to even understand...Common went HARD at a crew of legit west coast ninjas.... And was bout that life if they came to the Chi. AND he went to LA.Common if far far far from a punk. I don't understand kids these days

....hiphop just has a short memory. 10 years is ancient history to these 5 year hiphop historians.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Most of them too young to even understand...Common went HARD at a crew of legit west coast ninjas.... And was bout that life if they came to the Chi. AND he went to LA.Common if far far far from a punk. I don't understand kids these days

....hiphop just has a short memory. 10 years is ancient history to these 5 year hiphop historians.
5 year hip hop historians
grin.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Yep. Most of Drake fans think of Common as Queen Latifah's boyfriend in 'Just Right', so this will just turn in circles.
Oh well, if people actually listen to the potential music on wax, the result really shouldn't be in question. 

Oh well, if people actually listen to the potential music on wax, the result really shouldn't be in question.

Truth and even Drake knows that. With that said, you think he responds? I would think he has to...even if he gets bodied.

I mean Common even called him out by name. You have Power 106 (in SoCal) playing the diss NON-STOP...rewinding Common's part 20 times and %!%!

He has to say something and I don't mean subliminals right?

Get em!

hell-on-wheels-010.jpg

I doubt/hope this ain't over a female. I'm inclined to believe it's over that soft *!+ rap that Drake puts out. Common did make "I Used To Lover H.E.R.". He might be feeling some kind of way about the direction of hip hop.
grin.gif
*crosses fingers

Originally Posted by blakep267

Please. Common just needed buzz to help sell his album, because nobody was looking for it. Best way to do that was take shots at drake because hes "hot". Out of both of the tracks, Drakes was better. Only because Common was lazy on stay schemin and just didnt bring it. Canada's dry was weak and yall know it.
since when was common's real name curtis Jackson?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

If I was Drake

I wouldnt even reply.......just let Common get his publicity stunt on

Im so sick of rappers who not selling pulling stunts just to sell
30t6p3b.gif
since when has common ever cared about record sales?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

and drake was poppin off da handle talkin bout say my name..welp they did, now what?
laugh.gif

This was just the uppercut. I'm sure he's waiting on Drake's response to give him the KO.

Yeah there's obviously a bunch of young dudes in here who know nothing about Common purposely remaining ignorant. The excuses they're giving are ptiful and so off base.

Lol what happened in this thread. How can people be picking sides when this battle truly hasnt started yet? If one of them is your favorite rapper by all means go ahead but other than that I dont get it. Blindly hating on people for no reason

For the record..I'm not picking either side for any beef..I know both dudes..long as its lyrical it's all good..
— Bun B (@BunBTrillOG) January 10, 2012 " alt="image">

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

in the grand scheme of things common wins based off relevance and longevity... but based on "teenie bopper what have you done for me since 09 thought" common can't win that duel.. He could put out an amazing diss but nowadays it's all a popularity contest.. I'm new to this news though any background on how this got started.. i found a link but that seemed a bit vague.. thanks

So basically what you're saying is Common wins because you want him to win, without even letting Drake reply
30t6p3b.gif
.  Why can't it just be the better rapper wins?  And I don't mean list a bunch of songs and say this rapper is better, I mean whoever goes the hardest in their respective diss(es) wins.  Of course, that makes too much sense, so nobody is gonna win because both sides will have the d-riders that won't ever accept that their favorite rapper lost
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I think ya'll missing what Common doing here. He still lining Drake up with the jab. Common is smart and he been there before. If he comes out with a full dis record now Drake gets the last word. Instead he just peppers him with the jab to where now Drake is forced to put at a record completely going at Common. To which Common can respond with a heavy-handed retort a la ether to close the show. Common knows what he doing. If you notice Common hasn't touched on DeGrassi, the gay hand movements, the weird sense of style, Rihanna or anything yet. He gonna wait for Drake to go all in before he does.

As for this dis, light work but enjoyable. The Canada Dry lines and Destiny's Child sample are
laugh.gif
This

drake would be stupid to respond. if drake responds his career might take a big hit. he has no ammo at common. if he doesnt say anything stans would see common come out as looking corny. whatever he says at common wont sting. common on the other hand has plenty of ammo and the delivery to really get at aubrey if he does respond.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Why Common need a reason to diss Drake anyways?

What ever happened to the good 'ol high school days when you'd clown a bamma N' just cuz? If I think you're a lame and I speak on it, then I think you're lame and I spoke on it - $#%! I need a reason for?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom