**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

He's Jewish, we all know the power they have in the entertainment industry. Probably threatened him with being blackballed and boycotted.

Dude's forget this important fact, Drake is going to be on forever.

He's Jewish, we all know the power they have in the entertainment industry. Probably threatened him with being blackballed and boycotted.

Word to Asher Roth and all the other succesful Jewish rappers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by caleekicks

but its true tho 
laugh.gif
...they have pull like no other 

I said what I needed to say about this situation on record
This is true.

I still think Com had some left over if Drake decided to come back with a record. I feel like Stay Schemin' was just baiting Drake because there was a lot of topics left out on that diss... If Drake responded he probably would've went all in & Com would have some material left to fire back. I get what he's saying though.

I still would've liked to see what Drake would've had to say if he responded. (Which I've been doubting lately with all the time that's passed so far)

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Drake still a wannabe gangsta with all that hard talk on records, just because he's affiliated with Birdman & Wayne don't mean anything
funny thing is wayne and birdman aren't even gangstas themselves.. i mean cmon wayne wears cheerleader shoes..

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Common Wants to Settle His Beef with Drake [/h1]
STORY BY: THE FADER

common.jpg

Common is making efforts to end his beef with Drake. Today, the Chicago rapper/actor told Rolling Stone that he is fond of Drake’s music and their fight is over for now:
I think [Drake] makes good music… He’s definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs… I just felt like somebody stepped and challenged me, so I had to step into the ring. He said some things that I thought were directed at me, so I had to address it back… I feel like I said what I had to say, and I’m just going to let it be at that point… Now, if something else happens, then I’ll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record.

GOOD Music Vs. Young Money would be awesome.

Who would step up for GOOD Music? Cudi and Kanye perhaps.

Common, Cudi, Big Sean, Yeezy, Pusha, vs. Weezy, Birdman, Drake, YG, Nicki who's got the up.
I can only imagine the disses taken at Nicki.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Common, Cudi, Big Sean, Yeezy, Pusha, vs. Weezy, Birdman, Drake, YG, Nicki who's got the up.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Battle wise the only artist from G.O.O.D. music that matter: Common, Pusha, Mos Def and believe it or not Cyhi(flame suit on for this one)

Originally Posted by 216301baller

i dont get it..dude is super pie yet he gets a pass on every trip..its like rappers are actually scared of dude
ive been scratchin my head on this same thing for a minute

Ya'll are some real idiots you know that?

These _'s are tryin' to get money with one another.  Why the %%%% would they have a camp beef?  The %%%% is goin' on with all these Battle Royale hypotheticals?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

These _'s are tryin' to get money with one another.  Why the %%%% would they have a camp beef?  The %%%% is goin' on with all these Battle Royale hypotheticals?
You sir, are an even bigger idiot. Do you know how profitable a camp beef would be? In 2012?! That's what we all want and that's what hip-hop/rap needs.

Do Ford and Chevy do collabs? (rhetorical, idc if they do). Cars, cleaning products, computers, all their commercials take shots at other competing companies. Why? $$$$$

Why are you getting all sensitive? This whole thread everyone was saying how Drake needs to have Young Money jump in because hes too 'Canada Dry' to take on Common himself. So when a reporter asked Common what would happen under that circumstance what would Common do? He said he would get GOOD music involved. So I asked hypothetically who would have Common's back because obviously GOOD music isn't full of battlers. Music is an art/entertainment and this would just provide more.

Now this would be good for music because the two biggest groups in the industry are going at each other. Have you seen the publicity of just Common's diss alone at Drake. Imagine if Yeezy and Weezy got involved. It would be great for music, business, and hip-hop and everyone especially hip-hop could use this. Compare it to the sports teams with the best record everyone pays top dollar to see them go head to head, and battle each other.

Now this would be good for music because the two biggest groups in the industry are going at each other. Have you seen the publicity of just Common's diss alone at Drake. Imagine if Yeezy and Weezy got involved. It would be great for music, business, and hip-hop and everyone especially hip-hop could use this. Compare it to the sports teams with the best record everyone pays top dollar to see them go head to head, and battle each other.

....i blame 50 for this idiotic way of thinking.

Originally Posted by solegit08til

You sir, are an even bigger idiot. Do you know how profitable a camp beef would be? In 2012?! That's what we all want and that's what hip-hop/rap needs.

Do Ford and Chevy do collabs? (rhetorical, idc if they do). Cars, cleaning products, computers, all their commercials take shots at other competing companies. Why? $$$$$

2aew784.gif

You care more about artists beefing over LITERALLY and EXPLICITLY NOTHING, than releasing music to progress their genre and evolve their craft?
I don't know if its the time period or if we put the past on a higher pedestal than necessary, but this is getting stupid now...or i'm just getting older.

That being said, Drake probably will never respond. Old heads will say he lost; the new school will say hes better anyways; internet fans will clamor for continued proverbial bloodshed in either direction. 
laugh.gif

EDIT: Here is ANOTHER thing that irks me about the aforementioned argument...Why the hell do you care about their money? Unless they're cutting you a check in ANY form, I don't understand why fans get so caught up in the music business. You're a consumer of entertainment at the end of the day so who cares? Dudes are quick to defend what Forbes says about another man's pocket as if that magically puts money in their pockets or allows them to even hang out on a tour bus with these dudes. 
laugh.gif
. You gotta love the marketing of these entertainment outfits. They really make fans think that they matter more than they probably do. 

Drake not responding makes original hip hop look bad, then it shows how the game really changed. you can all thank Drake for destroying the true art form of competition and making sappy love songs. every once in a while Hip Hop needs a beef to spark interest, it's been a dry spell lately because collabs are now the hottest thing in the market. i actually wanted this beef to go down .

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I understand what you are saying, but I remember when 50 Cent was the @@@ and him going at Ja and a new rapper every week led to excitement and good music. The fact that good raps will NOT come out of this really disappoints. This saying old school 50 was a monster when it came down to luring people in and battling them.

I just want someone to put Drake in his place. Could care less about what happens.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I understand what you are saying, but I remember when 50 Cent was the @@@ and him going at Ja and a new rapper every week led to excitement and good music. The fact that good raps will NOT come out of this really disappoints. This saying old school 50 was a monster when it came down to luring people in and battling them.

I just want someone to put Drake in his place. Could care less about what happens.

....i feel sorry for you and your generation.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Drake not responding makes original hip hop look bad, then it shows how the game really changed. you can all thank Drake for destroying the true art form of competition and making sappy love songs. every once in a while Hip Hop needs a beef to spark interest, it's been a dry spell lately because collabs are now the hottest thing in the market. i actually wanted this beef to go down .
This is the problem I have...in fact, I really don't even understand how one can reach these sorts of conclusions.
I'm not even trying to defend drake because there are so many others this argument could be used against, so much as I'm trying to expose the hypocrisy in this statement.

Are you seriously saying that:

A. Love songs are bad for hip-hop?

B. Drake is the sole cause for this?

C. Disputes are better than focusing on releasing good music?

If nothing else, it shows that rap music, like all other forms of music, EVOLVES.

How anyone can deny that we aren't listening to ballads from the 50s anymore is beyond me. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom