**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Drake not responding makes original hip hop look bad, then it shows how the game really changed. you can all thank Drake for destroying the true art form of competition and making sappy love songs. every once in a while Hip Hop needs a beef to spark interest, it's been a dry spell lately because collabs are now the hottest thing in the market. i actually wanted this beef to go down .
This is the problem I have...in fact, I really don't even understand how one can reach these sorts of conclusions.
I'm not even trying to defend drake because there are so many others this argument could be used against, so much as I'm trying to expose the hypocrisy in this statement.

Are you seriously saying that:

A. Love songs are bad for hip-hop?

B. Drake is the sole cause for this?

C. Disputes are better than focusing on releasing good music?

If nothing else, it shows that rap music, like all other forms of music, EVOLVES.

How anyone can deny that we aren't listening to ballads from the 50s anymore is beyond me. 
laugh.gif
I think FlashyOne is talking about a purely lyrical battle, though he may have exaggerated some other stuff. I was looking forward to see what Drake 
could actually do on a battle type record, just to prove a point since battling is one of the foundations of hip hop, and if he can't do that, then he shouldn't

try to carry himself in that way and aimlessly talk reckless on records. 

If nothing else, it shows that rap music, like all other forms of music, EVOLVES.

How anyone can deny that we aren't listening to ballads from the 50s anymore is beyond me. 
laugh.gif

.....thats exactly what they're saying. and its EXACTLY why hiphop is in the funk its been in for so long.

why? because good music isnt as important as beef, or balling.

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

GOOD Music Vs. Young Money would be awesome.

Who would step up for GOOD Music? Cudi and Kanye perhaps.

Common, Cudi, Big Sean, Yeezy, Pusha, vs. Weezy, Birdman, Drake, YG, Nicki who's got the up.
I can only imagine the disses taken at Nicki.
Ya'll are some real idiots you know that?

These _'s are tryin' to get money with one another.  Why the %%%% would they have a camp beef?  The %%%% is goin' on with all these Battle Royale hypotheticals?
You sir, are an even bigger idiot. Do you know how profitable a camp beef would be? In 2012?! That's what we all want and that's what hip-hop/rap needs.

Do Ford and Chevy do collabs? (rhetorical, idc if they do). Cars, cleaning products, computers, all their commercials take shots at other competing companies. Why? $$$$$

laugh.gif
Do you even know what profitable means?

Entertaining Yes. But profitable? for who?

There hasn't been a GOOD rap battle in a min, but the longevity of a dope collab >>> a few decent diss tracks.
A battle between these two isn't all that entertaining to me anyway, esp if its not personal. I rather see/hear Jezzy
& Rawse go at it. Think that would make for better music and entertainment, if just kept on wax.

Wait why would this be entertaining if Wayne and Kanye got involved? When looking forward to a battle even if it involves entire camps the entertainment value comes from the quality of diss records. I expect nothing from those two guys and most of their camps.

Kill that noise asap. GOOD vs YM aint nothing to be hype about. That aint Roc and LOX.

Another thing with these two sides arguing on this page I don't see why if two groups are battling why they can't make good diss records and still make good music. One doesn't not prevent the other. Neither are exclusive in their priorities. Yall are trying to make it about two extremes when a decade ago both coexisted seamlessly. Granted the attention and media hype has changed and increased but that shouldn't sour you to the experience and simply opt for one over another because you don't like the fact that a battle is taking place.

Battles have always existed in rap music and will continue to on many levels. After we all got past the Pac and Big tragedies with what Nas and Jay did I don't see a reason not to welcome a good battle in hip hop. No reason to try and treat a battle between more prominent rappers like an ugly thing to look down on as if we're talking about those Smack DVD battles and the like.
Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

There hasn't been a GOOD rap battle in a min, but the longevity of a dope collab >>> a few decent diss tracks.
A battle between these two isn't all that entertaining to me anyway, esp if its not personal. I rather see/hear Jezzy
& Rawse go at it. Think that would make for better music and entertainment, if just kept on wax.
Now ask yourself when's the last time there's been a good collab. This whole everybody get along shh has killed the remix. Now a days every week rappers are collaborating with the mainstream stars since only a few get the bulk of attention.

Of course a dope collab can be better than decent diss tracks but it's different if we're talking about a GOOD rap battle cuz those usually end up being memorable just as much as a dope collab that has longevity. Never saw a reason to compare and choose only one.

Drake not responding makes original hip hop look bad, then it shows how the game really changed. you can all thank Drake for destroying the true art form of competition and making sappy love songs. every once in a while Hip Hop needs a beef to spark interest, it's been a dry spell lately because collabs are now the hottest thing in the market. i actually wanted this beef to go down .

Co-sign.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Co-sign.
Drake is not the first person not to respond to a diss. Jay-Z does it all the time. Drake not responding to a diss after he sent shots is not a reflection on "original hip hop"

I don't know why yall acting like Drake symbolizes or represents the whole of hip hop where his actions change how everything else works. Not responding has nothing to do with evolution of a music genre. It's that individuals choice. Drake not responding is not some significant decision. Already ppl are saying he just don't want it with Com, others will say Com deaded it after dissing him. Years from now it's not gonna have any significant impact.

Again, when have diss records made it onto the charts and been profitable for rappers? How many diss records have gotten consistent spins on the radio?

Now go back and look at what a collab can do for an artist: please see Big Sean Ft. Nicki Minaj - Dance (remix)

Idiots I tell ya, absolute idiots.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

laugh.gif

.....thats exactly what they're saying. and its EXACTLY why hiphop is in the funk its been in for so long.

why? because good music isnt as important as beef, or balling.

Completely agree.

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:
Originally Posted by True Blues

Co-sign.
Drake is not the first person not to respond to a diss. Jay-Z does it all the time. Drake not responding to a diss after he sent shots is not a reflection on "original hip hop"

I don't know why yall acting like Drake symbolizes or represents the whole of hip hop where his actions change how everything else works. Not responding has nothing to do with evolution of a music genre. It's that individuals choice. Drake not responding is not some significant decision. Already ppl are saying he just don't want it with Com, others will say Com deaded it after dissing him. Years from now it's not gonna have any significant impact.

This.

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Ya'll are some real idiots you know that?

These _'s are tryin' to get money with one another.  Why the %%%% would they have a camp beef?  The %%%% is goin' on with all these Battle Royale hypotheticals?
You sir, are an even bigger idiot. Do you know how profitable a camp beef would be? In 2012?! That's what we all want and that's what hip-hop/rap needs.

Do Ford and Chevy do collabs? (rhetorical, idc if they do). Cars, cleaning products, computers, all their commercials take shots at other competing companies. Why? $$$$$
Read your response.  Came to the same conclusion: you're still an idiot.

So now you're comparing rappers to automobiles?  I'm done.
damn solegit08til gonna be sippin through a straw in 5 4 3..
I wish I could Maino some of these dudes in here, just one time.  Just Hand of God 'em
laugh.gif

Okay smarty, Team Jacob vs. Team Edward a better comparison? The movie would have been fine without it, but that rivalry made it THAT much more entertaining to you.
Made people talk about it more, which is exactly what any big rap beef does. You're done because you're wrong
laugh.gif

And Putty
1. I don't even buy music. I doubt half the artists I listen to would still be doin it if they weren't getting paid. Therefore I would enjoy others continuing to pay for my entertainment.
The artists get paid, they keep droppin hits.

I do my part, free advertisement.

2. We all know where hiphop started and how it's progressed. How are some entertaining, comedic diss songs detrimental to ANYTHING. You don't want your boy Aubrey to look silly do you?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

This is the problem I have...in fact, I really don't even understand how one can reach these sorts of conclusions.
I'm not even trying to defend drake because there are so many others this argument could be used against, so much as I'm trying to expose the hypocrisy in this statement.

laugh.gif
I think FlashyOne is talking about a purely lyrical battle, though he may have exaggerated some other stuff. I was looking forward to see what Drake 
could actually do on a battle type record, just to prove a point since battling is one of the foundations of hip hop, and if he can't do that, then he shouldn't

try to carry himself in that way and aimlessly talk reckless on records. 
its nothing really wrong with the love songs, but you can make songs like that and NOT come off looking like a little $%+%$ (ex: Song Cry, Miss u)
even if he wants to make love songs, he can't talk about running into dudes and missing the times rap was "gunslinging & rugged" when he's the N_ that changed it
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Fantasy battle royale aside
laugh.gif
I agree with a lot of the discussion for and against the beef on the last page (ESPECIALLY the part about Common probably being threatend with being blackballed!) BUT...here's the thing.

Drake's official words were, "I don't give a .....! If you got something to say to me say it to my ..... face ..... Just cause I sing, I'm not no...... If you got something to say, I'm right here."
Obviously talking about Common right?
(Can everyone agree on this? ok)

Common then responded ON WAX to a physical threat which we should all also agree is better then if Common just walked up to Drake and said it to his face before punching it in.

and Drake is silent...

So talking tough, then getting dissed and not responding is evolution of "hip-hop"? And what part of getting dissed and not responding makes you any less then a furry four legged companion? Drake isn't on Jay-Z's level where getting dissed by Beanie Sigel or The Game is insignificant to his career, he was called out by a well respected LEGEND/VETERAN with a foot to stand on commercially and lyrically in the game.

and for the whole money arguement, why would Common and Drake ever try to get money with each other after this? I would be absolutely disgusted to hear that Common decided to get on a Drake song after this*. All it would do is prove @AceBoogie's point that the industry WOULDN'T let this happen.

Drake should have just kept his mouth shut after Sweet, and let it have gone down as a subliminal where it would have been forgotten à la Pusha T with Dreams Money Can Buy... OR responded physically or on wax and at least keept some of his dignity (or at least personal repect from hip hops heads) intact.

*for the person who's going to debate Jay vs Nas and their song after the beef, do you think they could have done a song or record deal if The Roc was still intact? (I'll answer that for you, NO)
Agreed. If you don't understand this then I feel for you

Originally Posted by MonStar1

laugh.gif
I agree with a lot of the discussion for and against the beef on the last page (ESPECIALLY the part about Common probably being threatend with being blackballed!) BUT...here's the thing.

Drake's official words were, "I don't give a .....! If you got something to say to me say it to my ..... face ..... Just cause I sing, I'm not no...... If you got something to say, I'm right here."

Common then responded ON WAX to a physical threat which we should all also agree is better then if Common just walked up to Drake and said it to his face before punching it in.

and Drake is silent...

So talking tough, then getting dissed and not responding is evolution of "hip-hop"? And what part of getting dissed and not responding makes you any less then a furry four legged companion? Drake isn't on Jay-Z's level where getting dissed by Beanie Sigel or The Game is insignificant to his career, he was called out by a well respected LEGEND/VETERAN with a foot to stand on commercially and lyrically in the game.

and for the whole money arguement, why would Common and Drake ever try to get money with each other after this? I would be absolutely disgusted to hear that Common decided to get on a Drake song after this*. All it would do is prove @AceBoogie's point that the industry WOULDN'T let this happen.

Drake should have just kept his mouth shut after Sweet, and let it have gone down as a subliminal where it would have been forgotten à la Pusha T with Dreams Money Can Buy... OR responded physically or on wax and at least keept some of his dignity (or at least personal repect from hip hops heads) intact.

*for the person who's going to debate Jay vs Nas and their song after the beef, do you think they could have done a song or record deal if The Roc was still intact? (I'll answer that for you, NO)

if drake dont respond i dont EVER wanna hear that boy talk tough on a record ever again....@%@@##@ fraud.

laugh.gif

and Drake is silent...

Again, when have diss records made it onto the charts and been profitable for rappers? How many diss records have gotten consistent spins on the radio?

Now go back and look at what a collab can do for an artist: please see Big Sean Ft. Nicki Minaj - Dance (remix)

Idiots I tell ya, absolute idiots.
What does a diss record being profitable have to do with it? Sorry if I'm talking from the perspective of being a fan and not thinking what makes the artist the most money. You can enjoy a collab just as much  as you enjoy a diss record.

If you don't enjoy rap battles though I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Your example escapes me. Never heard the song.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

and Drake is silent...

if drake dont respond i dont EVER wanna hear that boy talk tough on a record ever again....@%@@##@ fraud.
THIS

man I say we get the whole NT twitter to go ham on Aubrey punk #!@.

aubrey twinkie skin complexion having @%+ might go into hiding and send his whole fan base after us.But I'm down tho

That would be a great thing to do monstar.

But Drake is soft and a corn ball......

young money aint even in the same building when it comes to MC's compaired to good music.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

and Drake is silent...

agreed & enlarged for truth

How do you not respond to a direct and disrespectful diss?

Dude just disappeared in the middle of a battle.

That's not hip-hop. 

Watch him come back a couple weeks down the line with some subliminal "I'm too hot to respond" lines over an R&B track.

Back
Top Bottom