New iPhone 4 Verified: Vol.RIP Gray Powell UPDATE!: Gizmodo is being reckless now...

pathetic? pot...kettle...yadda yadda yadda.

anyway, once again.. those stats are for mobile safari/firefox/fennec? if so, source please.

i think he means develop ur own apps as in they dont have to approved by apple to be used...

theres plenty of apps that were developed for the iphone that apple wont allow...

this arguing is ridiculous.

i wanna hear about the iPhone 4G. not compare it to an Android phone or Blackberry.

The two people that are arguing the most are clearly dogmatic. Stop trying to convince each other.

not everyone is gonna like the phone. so both of you...for the sake of the thread STOP. you girls can argue in a PM if you want to
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Truballa101

this arguing is ridiculous.

i wanna hear about the iPhone 4G. not compare it to an Android phone or Blackberry.

The two people that are arguing the most are clearly dogmatic. Stop trying to convince each other.

not everyone is gonna like the phone. so both of you...for the sake of the thread STOP. you girls can argue in a PM if you want to
roll.gif

http://gizmodo.com/552016...-iphone?skyline=true&s=i

they pretty much covered everything you need to know

Don't bother arguing with apple fanboys. The apple semen in their system doesn't let them argue rationally.

Originally Posted by Man E

Uh no, why is firefox better than safari?
Java script speed: Safari 863.9ms Firefox 1,230.6ms (Safari wins)
CPU usage under stress: 4.4% Safari 6.6% Firefox (Safari wins)
DOM Selection speed: 30ms Safari 70ms Firefox (Safari wins)
CCS Rendering speed: 117ms Safari 359ms Firefox (Safari wins)

WHY THE !*%@ WOULD YOU WANT TO DEVELOP YOUR OWN APPS? YOU IGNORANT #@*! I AM NOT A DEVELOPER.

Telenav maps cost $10.00, Google Maps is free.

You are envious that Apple has the market, you hate that the iPhone is so popular, you come into an iPhone thread and post about the n900!? %%*@

Uh, the Java and Flash support, which I already kinda covered? DUH?
You'd rather let other people do the developing, not guaranteed to meet your needs, and wait for Apple to approve (probably reject because they're strict as hell) instead of doing whatever the hell you want with your phone that will guarantee to meet your needs? Why the caps? U mad?
Are you stupid? I already said the N900 supports BOTH Telenav AND Google Maps. Reading is fundamental.
Keep 'em coming, fanboy.

I love how people who dont like the iphone or love the droid and blackberry always are the first ones in an iphone related thread or are the ones with 13 posts on each page. I kinda tells you something huh?

Everybody knows the iphone is the best phone out overall... just cuz all specs aren't better doesn't necessarily mean anything

The simplicity, the look, the amazing responsiveness, the apps, jailbreaking it, ipod and phone in one, the web browser... nothing is beating the iphone.. we all know it.. but of course there are some salty dudes who won't like it because they refuse to "buy into the hype" or be a "fan boy"

Originally Posted by CWrite78

what i was getting at was the fact that android is climbing, which obviously Man E found funny/not true.

biggest problem with android is fragmentation. hopefully google address this in the near future

Honestly, Android's marketshare is from the pure volume of handsets and devices that are released all the time.

[h2]Released (preinstalled)[/h2]
The following is a list of phones and devices that have been released with Android pre-installed

Note that if multiple names appear in the same row, they are multiple names for the same device.
[h3][edit] Smartphones[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Manufacturer [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]android.os.
Build.MODEL [/th][th=""]Release Date [/th][th=""]Version [/th][th=""]Carrier [/th][th=""]Notes[/th][/tr][tr][td]Acer[/td][td]Liquid A1[/td][td]Liquid[/td][td]02009-11-28November 28, 2009[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]
[/td][td]Released in UK[sup][2][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluelans Communication[/td][td]Sciphone N19[/td][td]
[/td][td]02009-11 November 2009[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]
[/td][td]Smartphone with 2.8" 320x240 touchscreen, 128MB ROM, 128MB RAM, 2 megapixel camera[sup][3][/sup][sup][4][/sup][sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluelans Communication[/td][td]SciPhone N21[/td][td]
[/td][td]02009-11 November 2009[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]
[/td][td]Smartphone with 3" WQVGA (240x400) touchscreen, Marvell PXA 310 624 MHz processor, 256MB ROM, 128MB RAM, 5 megapixel camera. Like the DSTL1, it is a rebranded Yuhua Tel X2 [sup][5][/sup][sup][9][/sup][sup][10][/sup][sup][11][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dell[/td][td]Dell Mini3i[/td][td]Dell Mini 3[/td][td]02009-11-01November 2009[/td][td]
[/td][td]China Mobile,
AT&T,
Claro (Brazil)[/td][td]China Mobile using the OPhone OS, and AT&T is using Android OS[/td][/tr][tr][td]Geeks'Phone[/td][td]Geeks'Phone One[/td][td]
[/td][td]02010-02 February 2010[sup][12][/sup][/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Smartphone with 3.2" resistive touchscreen, 528 MHz ARM11 processor, GPS, and 3.1 megapixel camera.[sup][13][/sup][sup][14][/sup][sup][15][/sup][sup][16][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]General Mobile[/td][td]General Mobile DSTL1 Imaginary[/td][td]
[/td][td]02009-08-01August 2009[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]
[/td][td]First mobile phone on the market that supports both dual SIM technology and Android platform. Rebranded Yuhua Tel X2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Highscreen[/td][td]PP5420[/td][td]
[/td][td]02009-07-11July 11, 2009 in Russia[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Formerly Windows Mobile phone[sup][17][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]HKC[/td][td]HKC Pearl[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Claims to dual-boot Windows Mobile 6.1 and Android. It is an HTC clone device.[sup][18][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]HKC[/td][td]HKC Imobile v413[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]An Android phone which is a clone of the HTC Touch.[sup][19][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]HTC Corporation[/td][td]HTC Desire[/td][td]
[/td][td]02010-03-26March 26, 2010[/td][td]2.1 (Éclair) with HTC Sense UI[/td][td]Vodafone,
T-Mobile UK,
Virgin,
Telstra (AU Exclusive)[/td][td]Similar to Nexus One but adds HTC's Sense UI Optical trackpad and Hard buttons but does not have dual microphones as the Nexus One.[/td][/tr][tr][td]HTC Corporation[/td][td]HTC Dream,
T-Mobile G1,
Era G1 in Poland[/td][td]HTC+Dream
T-Mobile+G1
Era+G1[/td][td]02008-10-22October 22, 2008[/td][td]1.0 through 1.6[/td][td]T-Mobile USA,
T-Mobile UK,
Telefónica,
T-Mobile Germany,
Singtel Singapore,
Rogers Wireless,
MTN Group South Africa,
Era,
Orange France[/td][td]The first phone on the market to use the Android platform.[sup][20][/sup][sup][21][/sup] The phone is part of an open standards effort of the Open Handset Alliance.[sup][22][/sup][sup][23][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]HTC Corporation[/td][td]HTC Hero,
HTC Droid Eris,
T-Mobile G2 Touch in the Ireland, UK, Hungary, The Netherlands and Germany[/td][td]HTC+Hero
HERO200
T-Mobile+G2+Touch
ERA+G2+Touch[/td][td]02009-07-01July 2009 (Europe, Asia, Canada)
02009-10-01October 2009 (US)[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]Meteor Ireland,
Optimus Portugal,
Sprint Nextel,
T-Mobile UK,
T-Mobile Germany,
Orange Mobile,
Telecom Italia Mobile Brazil,
Telus Mobility Canada,
Singtel Singapore,
Swisscom Switzerland,
Starhub Singapore,
Mobitel Slovenia,
Play Mobile,
Orange France,
MTS,
Verizon Wireless[/td][td]The Hero has two design versions.The original design is similar form factor to the Magic, the U.S. release design is more curved at the edges and has the controversial "chin" removed.Both use HTC's customized UI called HTC Sense which look considerably different compared to HTC Dream and Magic phones.[sup][24][/sup][sup][25][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]HTC Corporation[/td][td]Droid Incredible[/td][td]
[/td][td]April 29, 2010[/td][td]2.1 (Éclair) with HTC Sense UI[/td][td]Verizon Wireless[sup][26][/sup][/td][td]Successor to the HTC Droid Eris; sports an 8.0 megapixel camera with dual flash LED, FM radio tuner, and 8GB onboard flash memory.3.7" AMOLED screen, native resolution of 480x800px.[/td][/tr][tr][td]HTC Corporation[/td][td]HTC Legend[/td][td]
[/td][td]02010-03-16March 16, 2010[/td][td]2.1 (Éclair) with HTC Sense UI[/td][td]Vodafone exclusive,
SFR[/td][td]Announced at Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona[sup][27][/sup]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]HTC Corporation[/td][td]HTC Magic,
HTC Sapphire,
T-Mobile myTouch 3G,
docomo HT-03A in Japan[/td][td]HTC+Magic
HTC+Sapphire
T-Mobile+myTouch+3G
Docomo[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

CWrite78, I mean man homey are you anti Apple like this. You don't even touch the fruit I bet. Just hate it all up and down. iPad, iPhone, I mean what else do you hate about it? Yo where were you at in the HP Slate thread as well. I was hoping you would come in and save the device from the review it got. You know since you are siding with it.

Back to the hate though, geez homey I am beginning to think you take this all personal, like an iPhone just messed up your life. I know you once had an iPhone and you have moved on, but I mean damn homey is it really that serious???

Do you need a huge from iPhon and iPad owners to let yo know it will be okay? j/k

as i stated before.. owned OG iphone and 3G iphone (dont know if it was the phone, or because i was coming from a palm treo and a blackberry 8830). enjoyed them both. moved on to android and it's my choice of OS. noticed apple's lack of features that did not make me want to go back (although, with this new iphone and iphone os 4.0, they are on the right track) im typing this on my unibody MBP.. owned an ipod touch, ipods and i've used the ipad. im not "hating" for the sake of "hating" im merely pointing out what most fail to see. if you don't like it.. tough #%#!. and i was in the slate thread, and as i've said before.. my tablet of choice will be the notion ink adam. and i like talking about phones/tech.. the other threads don't interest me much.. so uh, sue me for being here? plus, insomnia FTL.

but hey, you and man e can continue think i'm hating and that i'm mad i "lost" all you want.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by KingRamey

I love how people who dont like the iphone or love the droid and blackberry always are the first ones in an iphone related thread or are the ones with 13 posts on each page. I kinda tells you something huh?
Well speaking for myself, I have never even looked into an Android thread or Sidekick thread or whatever because it is no concern to me. I know for a fact that id never get either of these phones so why bother?

I still wanna know IF YOU DONT LIKE THE IPHONE (OR ANY APPLE PRODUCTS), WHY CANT YOU LET FANBOYS BE FAN BOYS IN PEACE? I mean something is bothering these guys. Is it the fact that everything is supposedly an iphone and not the blackberry killer 
grin.gif

Just put up a hatersgonnahate.gif and move on.
You are what bothers people. You refuse to look @the other options on the market and you're upset about the fact that someone is trying to tell you about other phones. That's fine, continue w/your positive reinforcement, but keep it to yourself. If you haven't used anything that wasn't made by Apple, your opinion carries far less weight. We get it, we know who you are and we don't care. Your Che avatar goes perfectly w/your diehard love for Apple. Just understand that your whole anti-establishment hipster profile has been flipped upside down and now you are the status quo. I'm sorry if it hurts you to be antagonized for being a sheep. It is what it is.
These phones all have different goals and are targeted at different consumers. Nobody cares about being an iPhone killer. The only people who mention the phrase "iPhone killer" are iPhone owners. And that term only came about because the iPhone was a revolutionary phone when it came out and no competitors could touch it. Props to Apple. The handset market was on life support and they revived it. The reason Android is marketed using the iPhone's liabilities is because they want to show people that one's handset experience can be completely different from what Apple offers. If Google wanted to make an iPhone clone, they could. And it still wouldn't matter because some people love Apple's style (iTunes, Mac, App Store, paying for every feature, etc.) and they're going to prefer the iPhone and some people love Google's style (Voice, Talk, GMail, navigation, etc.).

So, to answer your "question" about why non-fanboys come into these threads; its because we want to learn and are open to trying new products. I'm not anti-Apple, I'm just not excited about what this new model has to offer. The iPod touch was enough of a departure from the ordinary to be worth the price, so its not a shock that I own one. But the iPhone has been fairly mundane, with the exception of the first release. If these new features on the 4G are enough to make you guys go ape, I don't understand why other phones don't make you do the same thing. It CAN'T be these upgrades because these features are available on other phones that are on the market right now. It can't be that the iPhone was the best at the time and now you're stuck w/it because most of you wouldn't trade your used iPhone 3GS for anything that wasn't an iPhone, even if it was brand new. So it has to be your blind loyalty that makes you prefer an Apple product on an inferior network over any other product on any network. That works for me, I'm happy w/Verizon and I'm glad there aren't an extra million iPhone users on my network.

P.S. @dude saying Android is only doing well because its got so many handsets: that's not a knock on Android, its a comment on their business philosophy. If each provider only had one phone running Android the handset sales would probably be fairly similar. Google is giving people flexibility and the market is responding positively. You think Apple offered their OS to HTC and HTC turned them down? You think they were forced to work exclusively w/at&t? Steve Jobs made these decisions consciously. Don't try to make excuses for him.

And somebody mentioned Apple having their best quarter ever. Congrats. Do you work for Apple? Are you enrolled in some sort of profit-sharing program? Because you do realize that their profits are coming out of your pockets, right? So if they're making billions of dollars, it just means that you guys are willing to pay a premium for Apple products. So, by all means, continue praising Apple for their ridiculous profits. I look forward to hearing you guys cry after ExxonMobile reports their earnings.

P.P.S. Still waiting for someone to give me a good example of how to utilize a front-facing camera on a phone.

Not saying it isn't a feature worth listing, but I wouldn't pay for it. And it appears to me that nobody else can rationalize paying for it either. Its just something nice to put in a commercial. Strip away the video and just look @what is being said and you'll realize Apple is the just best infomercial producer in the world. All they need is the dude to say "but wait, there's more..." and then he can mention pairing a camera w/a flash feature like it hasn't been around since the 1950s. No different than previous releases.

"If you're willing to drop anther $300 to go from a 3G to a 3GS, we'll upgrade your camera from 2MP, TO THREE WHOLE MEGAPIXELS OOOHHHH HAXORZ. And even throw in a complimentary compass."

Just curious, how many of you actually use the whole 32GBs? And even if you somehow did need 32GB, wouldn't it have made sense to buy a phone where you could upgrade your storage w/o buying a new phone? I'm sorry, I'll stop making sense now. Don't want to interject too much reality into this conversation.

You know what CWrite78, you are alright with me. You stick to your guns, but homey it comes off as hate. I even feel you for the most part I think that Android OS offers more in a sense of free programming, but Apple just does a better job of making things look better and are more trust in the realm of innovation than Google.

But yeah it honestly comes off as hate homey.

Me personally I am honestly a Apple and Google appreciator. They both use a business model that stress innovation. People come at me as if I am an Apple fanboy, but if you saw what I implement in my daily life from Google, you would see that I love them both. I more so like the things we haven't seen yet from both companies check out google blogs and patentlyapple.com. Both companies are working on some sick ideas.

For the time being I will go back to say this Apple will for a long time be a better product. This company is the one that has prove hardware wise to put a product out there first. By the time others join the part Gen 2 is on its way and it surpasses what Gen 1 and competition efforts. Apple has the sound business plan that only the failure of HTML 5 (IMO) can disrupt.

Look forward to future debates...... And for what it is worth, I would be more willing to give my family an Android Tablet rather than an iPad or iPhone, just because Android full potential is easier to reach with a consumer who knows little about tech.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

dam fanboys ruined the thread

laugh.gif
 my bad, but i stopped pages ago. 
frown.gif

Cwrite knows his @!$# though, every thread, he drops knowledge and I've bumped heads with him about our beloved phones. but even still...

cmon my dude, we ALL KNOW WHY APPLE ISN'T ALLOWING FLASH on the iPhone. Flash support in browsers means the defeat of the app store. Flash in browsers means the return of online apps and games. just like the iPhone was before the app store's debut, flash will give a ton of developers an open canvas to create whatever apps they want bypassing around Apple's App submission process. 

everyone is crying for flash, but Apple is being extremely smart about not allowing flash. 

and you know whats wild? Adobe Flash CS5 will have an "Export as iPhone App" function.... just something for everyone to think about after they read what I just wrote.

Apple is either never going to allow flash, or find away around it to where Apps will need a special actionscript function or some @!$# to allow it to run as an app, and not run in the browser. or vice versa...
HORRAY for useful info in this thread that has become a giant argument.  I actually didn't know this.

In reference to the Adobe Flash CS5 having an Export as iphone app function.  Is that like on desktops? You run something or download something then export it as an app then upload it to your phone? That would make for endless possibilities.  That being said apple would be smart to not allow that if they want to make money.

Originally Posted by TacC4

P.P.S. Still waiting for someone to give me a good example of how to utilize a front-facing camera on a phone.
video chat
pics or videos to capture yourself and something or someone else in the background

i dunno...just throwing ideas out there. not saying it's a must have feature, just some ideas tho

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

video chat
pics or videos to capture yourself and something or someone else in the background

i dunno...just throwing ideas out there. not saying it's a must have feature, just some ideas tho
The end to taking a picture in the mirror with a pout(duck lips)?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Man E

CWrite are mad you lost? I proved facts & #s, you say "fanboy". 
roll.gif

Oh yeah, and do something with your life dude, 11K post.
I'm still waiting on your rebuttal for my post...
He doesn't know how to do that.

Just throws up a bunch of "
laugh.gif
roll.gif
's" mixed in with filler and calls it a day...

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

video chat

Unfortunately that will not end.

cue the kissy face girl gif of her in all those pics with the same face

Front facing camera = overated.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

video chat

Unfortunately that will not end.

cue the kissy face girl gif of her in all those pics with the same face

Front facing camera = overated.
co-sign. I have front facing camera/video chat on my phone but i never use it.

i use my front facing camera for video gchat, pressure plate clutch!

its cool, but if you get skype video calling itll be awesome, trust me.

however i dont support apple because of their business practices, im philosophically opposed to a company that sells an audio device, yet never actually tries to make it any better at its core functionality, which is music reproduction *(95% of ppl dont care or cant discern) so its a matter of demographic. plus all the other insane +$*$ they do to protect "their" IPs. i have a personal gripe with why jobs believes his opinion on what ppl want is the end all be all, and any deviation to that is reckless. i dont like the built in obsolescence, the trickle out theory, i like freedom as well, and although this device has an awesome chassis, i hope the internals reflect a proper upgrade from the last .5 upgrade.

i hope they dont confuse consumers calling it the 4g

Your attempt to bash apple is futile.

iPhone won, is winning, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
Not to mention the fact that i never mentioned the iPhone's design (physical) & the fact that the Apple App Store is number one in ingenuity, amount, & quality of the apps

And once again i will say this: the iPhone has something that can't be beat, no matter if the next proclaimed iPhone killer has a couple of better specs than the iPhone; OVERALL the iPhone is a better phone.

What they [competitors] don't have is the Operating System that people seem to love, enjoy, and stay loyal to. The seamlessness of how an iPhone functions. And quite frankly, as a manufacturer that is what you want, more customers. Now you can sit there and say that more sales doesn't mean a better phone, but you are wrong. People will always buy the better product, [given that they are the same price], and right now the iPhone is better not because it offers a better camera, or more memory. But because people have come to realize that the quality of the company, it's creativeness, and track record of making its customers satisfied can't be beat.

You'll be scratching your head wondering why people keep buying these products. Dude, seriously if you hate the iPhone and Apple so much don't come into these threads. Buy what ever you want to buy, be happy.

I don't know why people take the whole Iphone / Android thing so seriously. I love android but I love competition even more. If you guys think android did not change some of apples plans and directions your crazy. Based on history of the iphone it was always lacking and if you think about it the fact they're on their 4th phone is proof enough. We can say this stuff is innovative but its really not, if anything is just convenient to mobile standards.

Right now we seen the iphone 4 pictures and features but for me to make a decision on what phone I'd make my next I need to see the baby run.

Hardware is hardware it gets improved on next build all the time, apple does it a tad bit slower but this is nothing new. Now as far as software that is one thing they don't want to mess up on. Software is everything its how you interact with the hardware its how you interact with the phone. The real reason why I use android today is based on software interaction. Apple's iphone is cool but did not sell me enough. The best thing on the previous iphones was the large app market. Apple definitely has its annoyances and that's something you cant argue with.

In a nutshell is way to early to start a true debate. All the features mentioned to date has been "ehh" to me. The only one I really like is the front fact camera, that's a surprise if you follow apple it means they are finally listening. If you ask me the reason they are listening is because android competition on their "con" factors.

Apple controls the market and they know this so for them its real easy to bounce back if they even feel an ounce of competition.

I'm currently looking for a better phone I was going to go with the nexus one but the fact that its multi touch is crap I deaded that idea. I was really digging the nexus one but other than that phone I don't see anything I can see myself wanting. Qwerty phones and anything bulky is out of the picture for me.

I don't side with either company, I want a phone with nothing but PROS PROS PROS.

laugh.gif
at whoever said they don't know how front facing camera would get any good usage ?

Common man don't you have any tech logic ?

Front facing camera has been a request for apple to do for a good while already, its a fact people want it. The fact apple has a app market means the usage are endless. You'll see it implemented in chat/conferences all the way to games and social networking. I know app developers are going to have a lot of fun with it.

This whole hate thing has got to stop, I'm Pro competition and that's that.

Just curious, how many of you actually use the whole 32GBs?

I don't use the whole 32gb but I'm up to 26 so the 16gb wouldn't have cut it.  I love so many different genres of music and I have a few commercials on there too so I'm glad I have the 32gb.

Back
Top Bottom