New iPhone 4 Verified: Vol.RIP Gray Powell UPDATE!: Gizmodo is being reckless now...

copped if Verizon gets this.

still...you'd have to be more than an Apple employee to have a prototype iPhone 4G.
the person that dropped this phone probably had a very high position.

either that or this whole thing was PLANNED but...<-- I don't see the point of that.

No one likes to be teased. especially to this extent.

I wasn't happy with the new design but after seeing some comparison shots with 3GS this one definitely looks better, just look at this picture
800x600_comp1.jpg

Originally Posted by sreggie101

verizon hasn't finished setting up their 4G/LTE network, so i wouldn't expect the iphone to hit verizon before then.

i think the verzion one gets released around 2011, but you never know if they made

progress rolling out the network

"Losing" it in a bar was on purpose. It's the same thing Apple did for the Mac Book when it first released.

every insecure couple will have this phone and this will also get cheaters caught up nice feature but not everyone will like this feature

will be copped...

Big jump from the 3gs. I just hope they change up the design a bit.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Wait so this is all we get

• Front-facing video chat camera DONT CARE
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS) DONT CARE
• Camera flash DONT CARE
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad) DONT CARE but don't really know what the difference is
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS. DONT CARE
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack CARE
• Split buttons for volume DONT CARE
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic DONT CARE AT ALL
Im sorry but it sounds like your expectations are way too high for a phone.  Better camera, better display, better controls... what more could you want out of the hardware?

exactly. he got in his "don't cares", but didn't indicate what would be worth his time. what a maroon.

EDIT: I forgot to relay my thoughts on the phone; F-R-E-S-H, FRESH, FRESH, FRESH, FRESH, FRESH

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS) DONT CARE
• Camera flash DONT CARE
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad) DONT CARE but don't really know what the difference is
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS. DONT CARE
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack CARE
Im sorry but it sounds like your expectations are way too high for a phone.  Better camera, better display, better controls... what more could you want out of the hardware?

exactly. he got in his "don't cares", but didn't indicate what would be worth his time. 

again if you read anything else i said earlier.  I read rumors of the back of the phone being a touch sensitive panel like the new mac mouse that came out.  Making the entire phone touch sensitive.  I thought that would again revolutionize the cell phone market.  But not looking like that is happening. If the whole phone was touch sensitive it would have endless new possibility

And there is a CARE next to noise cancellation.  That will def be nice.  I appreciate functionality additions not so much small novelty additions.

Apple throwing the competition a knuckle ball, Prototypes from big companies like Apple don't get carelessly "left around". They want you to see this a come out with a different design for feedback.

Originally Posted by JCaliber31

Apple throwing the competition a knuckle ball, Prototypes from big companies like Apple don't get carelessly "left around". They want you to see this a come out with a different design for feedback.

Yup.  Can't believe how gullible people are to believe that the prototype was left in a bar
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

• Camera flash DONT CARE
Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS. DONT CARE
Don't care huh?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
how can u not care about a better display?

What does the better display do for me. I never watch full length movies on my iphone. I just need it for youtube clips and music videos if i watch them. I have never caught myself saying "man the display on my 3gs is so bad i need an update". I think the 3gs display is fine.

Again a nice add on but i don't care about that. Everything on the phone is maybe a little more convenient but not much im dying to have

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

so does the microSD thing mean i can't unlock it and use it for T-Mobile???
micro SIM... maybe and maybe not... im sure theres a way to make adapters...

Nice
pimp.gif
Can't wait until this comes out. I guess I'll use the upgrade I have available for that. Hopefully its not tooo expensive.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

Fade On You wrote:

Nah im good. Evo 4g is going to blow anything and everything out of the water.

Basically...
Preach.

Pretty much.

Will it have a 8MP camera with video recording at 720P? Doubt it.Will it act as a wifi hotspot? Nope. Removable battery for when u need extra juice without carrying a damn phone charger in your pocket? WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I'm gonna be glad to trade in my Iphone with horrible 3G coverage. I'm in LA so I'll have 4g coverage by the time the EVO comes out. Suck a +##! Apple and ATT.

Jking0821 wrote:
Again a nice add on but i don't care about that. Everything on the phone is maybe a little more convenient but not much im dying to have
The thing is, besides what you've seen, you don't know what else is featured on the phone. You don't know the hardware specs, you don't know the software updates, and you don't know how this device will operate. Save the criticisms for when it comes out. It doesn't make since to make a decisions before you even viewed how the product works(unless you don't like how it looks).

• Camera flash DONT CARE
his expectations aren't too high for a phone. all of these features are available on phones that are already on the market. and apple has had the ability to give us these features for years. a noise cancellation mic? swear to god that was on the StarTAC. how the hell am i supposed to be excited about a feature that should have come on the first iPhone? front-facing camera is one of the most overrated features that people desire right now. only thing its good for is spy pics. i have no interest is staring @someone for the duration of a phone call.

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:
Jking0821 
laugh.gif
 how u already pissed over a prototype that none of us were even supposed to see already? yall dudes stay angry

so dude can't be dissapointed about the prototype, but its cool to thirst over it? ooooooookay.
Driftracer wrote:
 finally there will be video chat...Hopefully they dont add the extra fees...

thanks for the lulz. name one product/feature that apple has ever made available @a reasonable price, let alone for free.
... i'll wait while you scour the webz...

... and, no, you can't blame this on at&t. apple chose at&t and they have the ability to make video chat a wifi feature.

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:
Jking0821 wrote:

• Front-facing video chat camera DONT CARE
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS) DONT CARE
• Camera flash DONT CARE
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad) DONT CARE but don't really know what the difference is
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS. DONT CARE
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack CARE
• Split buttons for volume DONT CARE
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic DONT CARE AT ALL

this is the stupidest thing i've ever read on NT.

I'm a blackberry user too...

how do you get 7000 posts and not read something more stupid than the post you quoted?
i don't understand the comparisons regarding looks. if this model had come out first, everyone would be hyped about the original iPhone design. its not necessarily better or worse, its just new.

and most of you seem to be taking these improvements in a vacuum. i can't think of a situation where i would want to video chat w/someone using a phone. okay, its an improvement, but i don't see it being useful. especially on at&t. most of the improvements are cosmetic, which is a terrible reason for anyone who has graduated high school to buy a new phone. and that probably explains most of the love for this design.

bottom line: this is a prototype w/no OS. i'm not getting moist over something that might end up being the next chevy volt.

Apple's Marketing & PR Department are pure $$$$$$$$.  They made the announcement, they leaked the phone, soon you're probably going to see viral marketing on the with "leaked"iphone 4.0 software, then an official press release, then commercials, then people waiting in line to drop $$$$$ to get the new iphone. The Apple Iphone hype train has begun and they just made the competition shook. 
Lost in bar?? I don't care how wasted you are, if you have a $1 million dollar lottery ticket, you don't lose it. SMH, if anybody believes this bogus story. Apple with no cease & desist order on those websites, no tracking system on that phone. A guy loses the phone at a bar and somehow a waiter figures it out to be a new iphone. The true owner would of came back the next day, before it was handed off.  

Back
Top Bottom