***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

They actually had a retro for these in the mid 2000's, but I encourage every Reebok CEO to go jump of a building, that is absolutely ridiculous. 

C'mon bud - shoes with pumps, etc... are known to be finicky and require a bit of fiddling. Getting the shoes on is a bear and it's absolutely necessary to undo the laces as much as possible but this is to be expected as it is a high top. I have the same issue with AF1 'Highs'.

None of my previous pump retros have ever had a defect

If we are gonna call nike on their bull **** we gotta call reebok or any other brand on tgeir bull ****

Dont get me started with adidas and their bull **** retros

The problem with putting on a shoe with a huarache type upper is its built flimsy and not even loosening the laces will make it easier.

A pull tab would have been ideal for a shoe like this

Last edited:
Its some of the disadvantages of the today's retros, they are all prone to have defects, I have 2
pairs and both are working great.

Do you have dificulty pumping this shoe up?

Can you pump it up on your first try?

Because if you can id like to see a video of you being able to pump them up on their first try WITH THEM ON YOU FEET :lol:

Lol, you need to really have a tight grip on them to be able to pump them right away, like I said before, the original pair with the inflator was super easy to pump with one hand only. 

I really like the fit of these even without the pump tho. They remind me of the jordan vii fit and huarache bball shoes

I really like the fit of these even without the pump tho. They remind me of the jordan vii fit and huarache bball shoes

NK you're right - they are quite similar to Huaraches, overall comfort is on point.

The pull tab would be nice - but they would be adding a feature to the shoe that was not present on the OG. In any case I have a solid rotation and these joints will be worn at most 1X-2X a year so it's not a problem to wrestle with them to get 'em on.

I'm guessing your rotation must be hundreds deep! 8)

Rafter pics:

OG ones then some "retro+" CWs. I actually don't hate the 3rd one, but I'm not sure why. The 2nd one is a true abomination in the manner we've become accustomed to with Reebok.
they bringing back the sam cassell's
eek.gif
 I had the black out when they released and it was cool bcuz I had a championship shoe 
nthat.gif
 them last 2 look as alien as their endorser did back in 95
roll.gif

Was watching the an episode of 'Fresh Prince' the other night, and Will was wearing the Rafter. Thought to myself, "those don't look bad with jeans". :lol:

Will cop the OG colourway after they're deep discounted. Those retro+ pairs though :x

No surprise on those Rafters. It is one of the most generic shoes ever made. No tech at all. Just a lace/pull string at the back. They can do whatever they want with this kick. Put a holographic, reflective print on it and it's still a plain ole shoe.

NK you're right - they are quite similar to Huaraches, overall comfort is on point.

The pull tab would be nice - but they would be adding a feature to the shoe that was not present on the OG. In any case I have a solid rotation and these joints will be worn at most 1X-2X a year so it's not a problem to wrestle with them to get 'em on.

I'm guessing your rotation must be hundreds deep! 8)

I have over 400 pairs of shoes all worn i think.

Sometimes i get scared a few would paint crack or crumble if i dont wear.

Few years ago i stopped buying shoes and sold around 100 shoes all the ds pairs i never wore

But you know how it goes we all say we will stop but we just cant

Few years ago i stopped buying shoes and sold around 100 shoes all the ds pairs i never wore

damn you're truly a heavy hitter in the sneakergame if you have over 400 pairs
eek.gif

nthat.gif

im just a light weight with my 170+ pairs compared to you and im already in the game since 2002

Last edited:

damn you're truly a heavy hitter in the sneakergame if you have over 400 pairs
eek.gif

nthat.gif

im just a light weight with my 170+ pairs compared to you and im already in the game since 2002
either i'm more selective or miss out way to much bcuz i'm a measly 65+ prs and I've been doing this since 97 with a small break in there when times got tough, I haven't really sold anything and all my prs are worn I did give about 10prs to goodwill though

either i'm more selective or miss out way to much bcuz i'm a measly 65+ prs and I've been doing this since 97 with a small break in there when times got tough, I haven't really sold anything and all my prs are worn I did give about 10prs to goodwill though

It really shouldn't be a numbers game. I advise people to buy what they like and not look at shoes as investments. I cringe when I see some of the new jack 'sneakerheads' buying every single colourway of the Lebron signature (comes to around 20+ pairs for the entire year). In about a span of 3-4 years they end up with about 80 pairs of shoes with no variety, save for some whack colourways that can only be worn ONCE in a lifetime. :smh:

Once you get to your late 20s, most of us end up working in environments where you may only be able to wear athletic kicks once a week (if at all) so it's just weekends really. Then if you're in a region that gets heavy rain or snow for about 4-6 months a year your window to wear your kicks gets even smaller. It gets nonsensical to have about 100+ shoes when you can realistically only wear about 30 of them (at different times of the year).

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is exactly what I think too, I know people that bought every single colorway of the Bron 11, why? Its beyond me, I will never understand this. That being said, I have a lot of kicks myself and will probably never wear some, but to buy 20+pairs of the same shoe that is $200+ per pair, its just unreasonable and borderline insane. 

On this note, since I started reviews for CK 4 years ago, I have been sent over 300 pairs. Once a review is done, on to the next one, and i rarely come back, unless a shoe is THAT good. Mine get given away, and now I am down to about 40 pairs, mostly ones I bought before the writing gig. If I see something I need (Fila 97 is a must, although I hated playing in them the first time) I buy, but buying just to take a pic is out of my old man league.

It's quite a few people that do that. There's some big heads on YouTube who continue to buy all c'ways of the same shoe but I'm not saying no names. I find it ridiculous also, when they know they will never wear all of them. They have plenty of c'ways in J's and foams, along with other miscellaneous kicks. It's too much. Not saying no names.....but that one guy on YouTube with over a 1k pairs of J's, JUST J'S! When you have a pair for EVERY day for the next 3 years....that's excessive! Nobody can wear sneakers that much! Anyways.....HOW many c'ways does a person need for the same damn kick?

I have an extremely hard time buying even TWO of the same pair, regardless of how much I like them. There is always another shoe that performs different, new tech, cushioning, traction patter, etc., that I don't want to spend my money on a pair that I know how it will perform. Needless to say, I play in all of my basketball shoes, so there is no DS in my house - they come out of the box onto feet and into gym.

I have an extremely hard time buying even TWO of the same pair, regardless of how much I like them. There is always another shoe that performs different, new tech, cushioning, traction patter, etc., that I don't want to spend my money on a pair that I know how it will perform. Needless to say, I play in all of my basketball shoes, so there is no DS in my house - they come out of the box onto feet and into gym.
I don't have a problem with multiple cws if I love the shoe but its def good to have a plethora of shoes that you like, i'm good for 1-3cws depending on the shoe though I have a weak spot for one shoe in particular

I agree - nothing wrong at all with multiples, especially back before every shoe got a retro, and if they get ripped playing in them but you love the performance. Wished I had multiples of numerous mid 90's shoes that I loved and wrecked. I just can't hang with 12-15 pairs of $200+ Lebron XI in boxes and never worn. But hey, if you got it, play it.

I agree - nothing wrong at all with multiples, especially back before every shoe got a retro, and if they get ripped playing in them but you love the performance. Wished I had multiples of numerous mid 90's shoes that I loved and wrecked. I just can't hang with 12-15 pairs of $200+ Lebron XI in boxes and never worn. But hey, if you got it, play it.
laugh.gif
 I don't even have 15prs of lebrons, I wished i'd have stocked up on the reebok city classics though the 2 texas edition were awesome, can't even find pics of them anymore
mean.gif
 def need some more questions, answer 6, 8, 12, 13 but like some jordans I don't think those will ever return oh and the playoff i3 i'd cop several of those so simple yet so nice

Back
Top Bottom