***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

I wish them a good luck selling it at that price, I see them all around for $60-80 and I still don't want them. 

can't do high tops anymore bc of my age, demographic, whatnot.  wish they'd focus more on retro runners... collabs, GRs, whatnot like the other brands. 

I want them to release it all, but we know that is not going to happen, we should be happy with whatever they give us, since the alternativeS are nothe that great.

Any of you guys notice that Reebok is dropping some fairly simple to manufacture, new silhouettes - Rafter, Shroud?

Of course, that is the whole point. Moving away from any technology, keep the production simple and cheap. Aaaand at the same time aggravate the hell out of all the fans. 

Btw, duno how are they going to make the Shroud, since they have not used 3DUltralite in more than a decade. 

Of course, that is the whole point. Moving away from any technology, keep the production simple and cheap. Aaaand at the same time aggravate the hell out of all the fans.

Btw, duno how are they going to make the Shroud, since they have not used 3DUltralite in more than a decade.
idk either but the rain flowers still haunt me
laugh.gif

They will substitute some generic crap for the Shroud - probably the same stuff they are running on the retro Glove or similar. Not worth it for them to put out a half decent retro product if it will inevitably go on clearance.

I had the Reebok Reignman 2's in 1998 and that 3D ultralight was mad comfortable!!

Yeah, the 3D Ultralite will be interesting to see. I was never a Shroud fan (it was a poor man's "Glove", although nowadays the quality would probably kill the Zoom Flight retro), but I did like 3D UL when I tried on a few shoes with the tech. But outside Hexalite, Reebok don't have a great history of retro-ing their tech. Pumps are all just tongue chamber, DMX is not true DMX, Graphlite is just a lookalike... it bodes poorly.

Rafter pics:

OG ones then some "retro+" CWs. I actually don't hate the 3rd one, but I'm not sure why. The 2nd one is a true abomination in the manner we've become accustomed to with Reebok.

So annoyed with this. This is one of my all time fav reeboks and they drop the black white in leather instead of Nubuck. Hope they fix it or drop a couple OG colors the right way.

Yeah, the 3D Ultralite will be interesting to see. I was never a Shroud fan (it was a poor man's "Glove", although nowadays the quality would probably kill the Zoom Flight retro), but I did like 3D UL when I tried on a few shoes with the tech. But outside Hexalite, Reebok don't have a great history of retro-ing their tech. Pumps are all just tongue chamber, DMX is not true DMX, Graphlite is just a lookalike... it bodes poorly.

Phil at this stage I will be thankful if they even decide to retro anything half decent from their back catalog (both Reebok & Fila). With the 'clearance mentality' adopted by the non-Nike/JB customers we will just get the same stuff re-issued over and over again.

Last edited:
Phil at this stage I will be thankful if they even decide to retro anything half decent from their back catalog (both Reebok & Fila). With the 'clearance mentality' adopted by the non-Nike/JB customers we will just get the same stuff re-issued over and over again.

True. It's different here in Australia (no standalone Reebok outlet stores, much smaller range online, fewer stores carrying them), but I always seem to get good feedback from people about mine. But I almost always have to tell them I got them on my last trip to the US (where I very much took advantage of the outlets!). I have paid retail a few times over the past couple of years (white/azure Attaqs, Distinct Life GL6000s), but since there's usually no need, I haven't done it often. Plus, since I'm usually getting stiffed for international postage, I take discounts where I can find them!

It's difficult to know how to support the brand. I try to feed back on Reebok.com when I use it, and I love the discussions in here, but when the product's not on the shelves much, it's hard to vote with your wallet!

Still got my fingers crossed for some random retros. Like the Ice Pick. And the Opus 3D (yeah, not going to hold my breath on that!).

True. It's different here in Australia (no standalone Reebok outlet stores, much smaller range online, fewer stores carrying them), but I always seem to get good feedback from people about mine. But I almost always have to tell them I got them on my last trip to the US (where I very much took advantage of the outlets!). I have paid retail a few times over the past couple of years (white/azure Attaqs, Distinct Life GL6000s), but since there's usually no need, I haven't done it often. Plus, since I'm usually getting stiffed for international postage, I take discounts where I can find them!

It's difficult to know how to support the brand. I try to feed back on Reebok.com when I use it, and I love the discussions in here, but when the product's not on the shelves much, it's hard to vote with your wallet!

Still got my fingers crossed for some random retros. Like the Ice Pick. And the Opus 3D (yeah, not going to hold my breath on that!).
that's interesting.  i sold 2 pairs of the omni lite pump reissued OG CWs on ebay, and both were Australian buyers. 

that's interesting.  i sold 2 pairs of the omni lite pump reissued OG CWs on ebay, and both were Australian buyers. 

Quite possibly because they were struggling to find them here! You pretty much have to go boutique to get a lot of Reebok stuff in Australia, which can be difficult if you're outside of Melbourne or Sydney. There's Highs and Lows in Perth who do collabs with Reebok, but the volume is in Melbourne & Sydney. Those 2 are also the only cities where there are anything approaching Reebok outlets, although they are shared outlets with a number of other brands. When there was an outlet here in Brisbane, that was where I would find Omnis.

I know Australia has Highs and Lows that usually gets all the limited Reebok drops as they are certified network boutique. They have their upcoming pump 25 that looks decent as well almost looks like a reverse version of the titolo drop except they are black leather instead of white white the green

So annoyed with this. This is one of my all time fav reeboks and they drop the black white in leather instead of Nubuck. Hope they fix it or drop a couple OG colors the right way.
I thought the original Black/White Rafter was made with canvas material and not nubuck or leather?

Speaking of the Opus, have you seen my video review of the model, still have mine DS. 

Got some disposable income this weekend and got it boiled down to picking either the Blasts or the Rails. Heard good things about both, and its basically down to comfort and fit. Which ain't easy when you're a size 15. Wish the STAYCLASSIC promo was still going, that was a crazy deal.

Got some disposable income this weekend and got it boiled down to picking either the Blasts or the Rails. Heard good things about both, and its basically down to comfort and fit. Which ain't easy when you're a size 15. Wish the STAYCLASSIC promo was still going, that was a crazy deal.

Check your local stores for a 'buy one get one half off' type deal.

Yeah so the Rafter really was canvas, check the images kindly provided by our own Primo. I can only hope the new version will have full grain genuine leather and not synthetic. 

Last edited:
Honestly trent, if they were originally canvas I'd actually prefer the retro to have the same material.

I highly doubt they'll be running 'real' leather on them in any case - seems like it would be 'entry-level' priced so they'd get 'tumbled' pleather. :x

Now see even with the changes, I will buy these, since I had them back in 1993, first Pump kicks that I ever had. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom