***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Sweet CW. I had forgotten about it too actually. Guess you can't really go wrong with the Blasts....except that awful Freaks of the Night one. Yikes.

Also @cflyness, Yes to all of those!

Last edited:
Trentbg, I never knew of that white/purple c'way. I guess that was the one Van Exel rocked the most for the Lakers.
Yes Nick The Quick was rocking that colorway pretty much the whole time and actually on the official poster for the model is that colorway. 

So we all know the Reebok Rafter is coming back. In my opinion its not a bad looking shoe. But I feel that Reebok has other better models they could of have picked example: Reebok Optix, Reebok Icepick Mid, Reebok Pump SXT, Reebok Pump Arsenal, Reebok ATR pump vertical 3, Reebok Avant Guard, Reebok Supreme Mid etc. If Reebok wants to bring back out some real heat. They should retro the ones that I have just mentioned. Those Reebok kicks right there are just ''MIND-BLOWING'' well to me they are!
wink.gif
nerd.gif

Reebok Optix

Reebok Icepick Mid

Reebok Pump SXT

Reebok Pump Arsenal

Reebok ATR pump vertical 3

Reebok Avant Guard

Reebok Supreme Mid
Too bad none of those are coming back, but here is my video of my OG Vertical lll

You never know, cause nobody was expecting the Reebok Rafter it caught us all by surprise and now look they are coming back out. Maybe is a sign of good things to come. Yeah I seen your vids on youtube. I'm actually suscribed to your channel, great stuff.

Thank you, I appreciate it. 

As for the Rafter, they did surprise us, because no one wanted it to retro :smile: but like we said before is due to the simplicity of the model and will not cost them a lot. And seeing what happened to the previously announced Swingman and Answer lll.

Hey @trentbg, I'm sure you know. That commercial in the mid 90's with Sam Cassell, Kenny Anderson, and another player. They were laughing and talking about basketball moves in this coffee shop. I'm not sure on who was the third guy. They were all point guards though. The ad was for the Swingman or Rafters

You never know, cause nobody was expecting the Reebok Rafter it caught us all by surprise and now look they are coming back out. Maybe is a sign of good things to come. Yeah I seen your vids on youtube. I'm actually suscribed to your channel, great stuff.

@C Flyness, thank you for posting all those classic shoes. I would pay MSRP for damn near all of them.

The Rafter & Shroud are coming back because they look like they cost absolutely nothing to manufacture. The Optix, Icepick & Avant Guard would cost more due to the multiple panels and overlays.

Good to see that there's some Ice Pick love out there. I would LOVE to see that get a retro, but as others have been saying, the multiple overlays make it a more costly option. But it would sit nicely with my Big Hurts, Rails & Blasts.

And speaking of the Blasts, I am all in on those other 2 OG CWs. No doubt at all.

trent & Phil - I had the OG Preacher and I wore 'em to the ground. I would pay full MSRP for a proper retro if Reebok had the guts to put them out. But with the outlet/clearance mentality that's prevalent with anything non-Nike/JB it will be tough.

I'll probably end up getting a pair of the Rafter and the Shroud but I'm not gonna pay full price. It feels as thought Reebok is putting those out just for the sake of margins and sales quotas. :smh:

trent & Phil - I had the OG Preacher and I wore 'em to the ground. I would pay full MSRP for a proper retro if Reebok had the guts to put them out. But with the outlet/clearance mentality that's prevalent with anything non-Nike/JB it will be tough.

I'll probably end up getting a pair of the Rafter and the Shroud but I'm not gonna pay full price. It feels as thought Reebok is putting those out just for the sake of margins and sales quotas. :smh:

Yeah, I'd most likely get the Preacher too, and my Ice Pick love has already been made known! I think you're right about the reasoning behind the Rafters, although I remember thinking of the Shroud as a higher tech shoe when it initially released. Then again, if Reebok skimp on the 3D on the retro, it'll be a bargain for them. I don't think I'll be purchasing either of them, unless the Rafter amazes me in person (which is surely unlikely!). I'll spend the money on more Blasts!

@vood99 You're welcome and yeah I also would pay MSRP. Its a no brainer for me because those are some of Reebok's best stuff. The only thing I don't get if Adidas owns Reebok and they have all that money to pay Kanye West, Big Sean, Pharell and everyone else they have on Adidas c'mon I dont think it would hurt them to atleast retro 1 or 2 of those amazing Reebok kicks. Imagine all these artists together I bet is costing them a fortune. So they should atleast reconsider in making those other Reebok models, cause to make them it wont even come close to what they are paying all those artists. Plus if they have money to keep coming out with some awful colorways on their Reebok Classic stuff that is doing bad. Why not do it? and come out with other Reebok models in their OG colorways instead of wasting money in making the same shoe but just in a different colorway thats not even good. That's a real dumb move right there.

@vood99 You're welcome and yeah I also would pay MSRP. Its a no brainer for me because those are some of Reebok's best stuff. The only thing I don't get if Adidas owns Reebok and they have all that money to pay Kanye West, Big Sean, Pharell and everyone else they have on Adidas c'mon I dont think it would hurt them to atleast retro 1 or 2 of those amazing Reebok kicks. Imagine all these artists together I bet is costing them a fortune. So they should atleast reconsider in making those other Reebok models, cause to make them it wont even come close to what they are paying all those artists. Plus if they have money to keep coming out with some awful colorways on their Reebok Classic stuff that is doing bad. Why not do it? and come out with other Reebok models in their OG colorways instead of wasting money in making the same shoe but just in a different colorway thats not even good. That's a real dumb move right there.
some of those plus cws have done pretty good though it seems only on the Kazi2 and Questions, its funny they didn't even try anything crazy on the answer1, but yeah overall most of them failed, the crazy shaqnois cws fail, kazi1 fail, we all know them blast crazy ones will fail as well, such a good shoe for a nice colab, what I find disturbing on the Adidas side is most of them astist colabs are garbage did Pharrel's even sell good? Big Sean only because they were somewhat limited but overall Adidas is wasting money, heck only their Krazy8s really sell on their retro side

Speaking of the Rails, these just got here today. What else can be said about them? Great quality, awesome looks, mad comfortable.

Added to my meager Reebok collection... I may like these better than the Kamikazes I just got.

Sam cassell and kenny Anderson endorsed the Rafter. Along with their Mothers. Dope commercials. Brian Shaw wore them too during his 1994-1995 season.

Nah I'm old enough to remember the OG rafter. They probably did a canvas version but there was definitely a black nubuck OG. The white ones were leather, the all-black with brown side-stripe were Nubuck, and the powder blue ones were nubuck. They retroed the black/white pair in leather just like the sample pics above and the shape was all off, and they did some all-white ones around the same time but that was it. Hope they do the powder blues.

They did retro them around 2000 and something there was also the White and Red ones from that time. As for the Black and White ones, is very possible there was a nubuck one, I am probably the oldest here, but only remember the canvas one, its like yesterday when I was holding it in hands in one of the stores. 

Pana is right. The very first black/white Rafter was durabuck. Will Smith rocked em in several episodes of Fresh Prince during the final season. Seeing that actually convinced me to buy a pair haha. Obviously there was a canvas pair released at some point, but the true OG pair was durabuck.

Peace,
J

OUTLET40 is no longer working for me. I need a new code to cop those Kamikazes.

Pana is right. The very first black/white Rafter was durabuck. Will Smith rocked em in several episodes of Fresh Prince during the final season. Seeing that actually convinced me to buy a pair haha. Obviously there was a canvas pair released at some point, but the true OG pair was durabuck.

Peace,
J
Hate to be in the details and all, but Durabuck is a trade mark of Nike, Reebok only had nubuck, but they are pretty much the same, its all marketing and naming, both are synthetic materials (at least the one that is being used on sneakers, there is genuine nubuck, but is more expensive so companies are not using it), just Nike's dura-buck was engineered to be more durable and very smooth, but it had the negative to peel when exposed to some more extreme conditions . 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom