***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Been a lurker of NT forums for years. Just wanted to thank you for your efforts. Will definitely stay tuned for your post! Thanks!

Thanks, Bro! I appreciate that!

And YIKES, did not expect all this negativity to be quite honest. 
Definitely surprising reactions when all I wanted to do was help out. 
People talking about "let downs" and Reebok being at their "lowest point" in history, etc.
Could be true, but even so, why all the negative words?
This sadly and oddly reflects the state of our times.
Just too much negativity man, I'm not about that life. 

Worst case scenario, I'll DM you with something. I got you. 
It's facts tho. Reebok really is just hanging on, things ain't selling like that all. Questions sitting hard, kamikaze 2s? I can give a site right now that still has the og navy white pair sitting.
They aren't putting out new shoes at all and if they are its some Sketcher looking runner.
That being said, we'd all appreciate that discount so we can all finally cop a pair of blue toes :nerd:

It's facts tho. Reebok really is just hanging on, things ain't selling like that all. Questions sitting hard, kamikaze 2s? I can give a site right now that still has the og navy white pair sitting.
They aren't putting out new shoes at all and if they are its some Sketcher looking runner.
That being said, we'd all appreciate that discount so we can all finally cop a pair of blue toes
nerd.gif
Well, I mean, yeah we're definitely not in the Nike/Adidas/Under Armour tier, everyone knows that.

But when I started years ago, we were about to be "sold" or "absorbed" by Adidas and that has yet to happen.

Reebok has gone all-out towards running and fitness and that seems to be doing well with the constant development of new running techs and a new foam cushioning, recently.

I don't know about the Skechers looking runners, maybe the $50 budget models we carry. 

And we both carry a memory foam insole for our shoes, maybe that's it?

CrossFit is fine, UFC is always sold out for us as well as Spartan Race, JJ Watt shoes have done well and the Kendrick collabs weren't bad either.

NHL stuff is gone as soon as it comes in.

There has been bright spots along the way, but Reebok does what it does. 

Not sure we're vying for that number one spot, but we have loyal fans and I think these days Reebok is the underdog just doing underdog things.

Or being a laughingstock by some, it seems. 

But whether we are eventually sold or we eventually fold, I just wanted to help out. 

Cheers to the underdog. 

Fixed it for you there -  ...It is true, but even so, why all the negative words?

Let me answer your question real quick, but to be honest, I can spend all day talking about it, but I am tired at this point, like everyone else here in the thread btw.

Where was Reebok for years, especially 3-4 years ago when the retro market was on its highest point, marketing department is none existing, none of those people even bothered to promote the classic models to the new generation and as expected they lost even the little attention they had from old heads like myself?

Zero connection with the people that buy your shoes and bought your shoes for over 25 years now, I have promoted the brand single handedly, for free, more than any of your marketing personal, total fail.

Zero communication with the forum and social media people, people like us here that know more than 90% of you whole company employees about your products, history and legacy. Maybe it was word checking with the biggest fans to see if the 30+ pointless colorways of the Question or Kamikaze ll will sell, before you decided to make them and blast the market and ultimately ruined the models and whatever was left from the company image.

Oh not to mention, when I wanted to post official reviews, to your website 3 years ago, using my YT channel, I was refused because my channel name was visible !!! Without any comment and words here...

Like I said, I can talk all day, but we already did that for year and none of you Reebok guys cared to jump in, so a little too late you are coming on board, the ship is already going down. 

Last edited:

Well, I mean, yeah we're definitely not in the Nike/Adidas/Under Armour tier, everyone knows that.

But when I started years ago, we were about to be "sold" or "absorbed" by Adidas and that has yet to happen.

Reebok has gone all-out towards running and fitness and that seems to be doing well with the constant development of new running techs and a new foam cushioning, recently.

I don't know about the Skechers looking runners, maybe the $50 budget models we carry. 

And we both carry a memory foam insole for our shoes, maybe that's it?

CrossFit is fine, UFC is always sold out for us as well as Spartan Race, JJ Watt shoes have done well and the Kendrick collabs weren't bad either.

NHL stuff is gone as soon as it comes in.

There has been bright spots along the way, but Reebok does what it does. 

Not sure we're vying for that number one spot, but we have loyal fans and I think these days Reebok is the underdog just doing underdog things.

Or being a laughingstock by some, it seems. 

But whether we are eventually sold or we eventually fold, I just wanted to help out. 

Cheers to the underdog. 
Wow that literally confirms all that we were just saying, you guys are blind to the reality...makes me even more sad about the situation.

UFC, NHL, CrossFit...those are extremely small markets and most of the Real Reebok fans (the ones that see only a Vector, and not whatever you call that stupid thing you guys put on now)  care about, well minus NHL in my case at least. The rest of is pure cheap garbage, real talk.

As for the Skechers looking runners, well I am sorry , but even they have better looking sneakers, that later Zoku is another example of a step down, poor Adidas Boost looking shoe, in a few months it will be selling for less than $40 everywhere. 

Last edited:
I definitely would love to see more Vector logo apparel... I do like that Reebok is aligning itself with veteran artists like Camron, Jadakiss, and Swizz Beatz for endorsement and product placement in videos, etc.  I'm not too crazy about Reebok's performance line.  I'm a lifestyle sneaker kinda guy so I enjoy re releases of of their models from the '90s in original colorways... I do wish I had copped the neon/white Twilight pumps when they rereleased them though... Please re-release them again Reebok! Thanks :smile:

Wow that literally confirms all that we were just saying, you guys are blind to the reality...makes me even more sad about the situation.

UFC, NHL, CrossFit...those are extremely small markets and most of the Real Reebok fans (the ones that see only a Vector, and not whatever you call that stupid thing you guys put on now)  care about, well minus NHL in my case at least. The rest of is pure cheap garbage, real talk.

As for the Skechers looking runners, well I am sorry , but even they have better looking sneakers, that later Zoku is another example of a step down, poor Adidas Boost looking shoe, in a few months it will be selling for less than $40 everywhere. 
Don't get me wrong, I am not going to "White Knight" for the company at all. I know things aren't how they used to be, I'm not an idiot. I do my research and I see the numbers. I get it. I do. Outlook grim? Yeah, probably. Maybe. But I'm just a hopeful man, that's all. It's my decision whether or not I can give up, be negative, blast CEO's, or choose to have a more positive outlook on the situation that is now MY reality. And you have that same right, I understand that as well. You're upset, hurt, disappointed, I hear you. But I have the right to feel the same, if even for different reasons. 

And even though UFC/NHL/CrossFit might be small market to you, I'm at the very bottom of the totem pole at Reebok and this stuff actually matters to us, man. I think you're overlooking the fact that these "small markets" mean everything to an associate trying to hit his sales goals and make a difference in his tiny, little world, even though you couldn't care less about it. Sure, we're not going to leap over Nike or anything like that, but to some people these victories actually mean something, although you discredit them.

I didn't choose to implement the Delta logo, and I had nothing to do with their business decisions. I know they made a ton of missteps down the line and that is very unfortunate for a brand I have championed for so long. I agree with a lot of what you said, and I'm sorry you were wronged by the big dogs over at Reebok. That sucks man, I feel for you, I do. But I give you props for all of your loyalty. I appreciate customers like you, which is why I even posted what I posted in the first place! I, too, have been loyal to the brand for over 20+ years now and your frustration is warranted. If it was up to me, all of you loyal fans would have a say in the matter, but it's not up to me. I'm not a "Reebok Rep" as you referred to me earlier. I'm just a college student working a part-time job for a brand I'm passionate about. 

I've been a Reebok fan long before I worked for them, back to the days of The Big Hurt and Shaq and AI. The Golden Era, if you will. Or you can even go with late 80s, early 90s, whatever, either way it will probably never get back to that sort of prominence. I know, I know. But at the end of the day, I'm just a lifelong Reebok fan that simply wanted to share a coupon with fellow fans and I stick by my original intent. 

As badly as Reebok Classics have been marketed over the last few yrs (retro hoops and crosstrainers, especially), I do feel that their loyal consumers have abandoned the brand, as well. Look at the Ventilators last year, especially the collabs. Almost all of the collabs hit sale, even though they mostly used premium materials, were well-crafted and had major shops behind them. At a time when retro runners were peaking, before UltraBoosts and NMDs shattered the market, these things sat and sat, while at the same time Asics' 25th Anniv. GL3 collabs were being botted to $400 resale prices.

And we're seeing the same thing this past year with the Questions, too, both the OG versions and the AI celebration retro+ CWs. They sit and sit.

As much as it pains me to say it, I can actually understand Reebok/Adi wanting to shelve all retro hoops and crosstrainers and riding the retro lifestyle models for a year or two, if those are moving at all for them. We can complain about bad materials, while other brands have sold retros with even worse materials. Now we're seeing premium materials used in the OG Shaq Attaqs and the Omni Lite Dee Browns, like we asked, and we're all holding out for them to fall to sub-$100 prices.

So as much as I totally understand the disappointment in the brand, I can also see the brand deciding that they just don't have a loyal enough customer base they feel the need to satisfy anymore.

Maybe the only thing that could make everyone happy would be to kill the Classics line completely for a year or so, and then relaunch it as a limited, ultra-premium line, with low production runs, luxury materials/craftsmanship (Made in USA/UK) and correspondingly high ($200+) prices. Then the connoiseurs will get the quality they want, collectors will get the exclusivity they want and the company gets the prestige and profit margin they probably want.

Just my .02...

PS: Thanks for posting the F&F code, raspberryromeo raspberryromeo

As badly as Reebok Classics have been marketed over the last few yrs (retro hoops and crosstrainers, especially), I do feel that their loyal consumers have abandoned the brand, as well. Look at the Ventilators last year, especially the collabs. Almost all of the collabs hit sale, even though they mostly used premium materials, were well-crafted and had major shops behind them. At a time when retro runners were peaking, before UltraBoosts and NMDs shattered the market, these things sat and sat, while at the same time Asics' 25th Anniv. GL3 collabs were being botted to $400 resale prices.

And we're seeing the same thing this past year with the Questions, too, both the OG versions and the AI celebration retro+ CWs. They sit and sit.

As much as it pains me to say it, I can actually understand Reebok/Adi wanting to shelve all retro hoops and crosstrainers and riding the retro lifestyle models for a year or two, if those are moving at all for them. We can complain about bad materials, while other brands have sold retros with even worse materials. Now we're seeing premium materials used in the OG Shaq Attaqs and the Omni Lite Dee Browns, like we asked, and we're all holding out for them to fall to sub-$100 prices.

So as much as I totally understand the disappointment in the brand, I can also see the brand deciding that they just don't have a loyal enough customer base they feel the need to satisfy anymore.

Maybe the only thing that could make everyone happy would be to kill the Classics line completely for a year or so, and then relaunch it as a limited, ultra-premium line, with low production runs, luxury materials/craftsmanship (Made in USA/UK) and correspondingly high ($200+) prices. Then the connoiseurs will get the quality they want, collectors will get the exclusivity they want and the company gets the prestige and profit margin they probably want.

Just my .02...

PS: Thanks for posting the F&F code, @RaspberryRomeo
Beautifully said. 100%

You've echoed much of the sentiment I feel deep down. Like I said, I wish I had the power to voice all of your brilliant opinions and insights, they're always so magnificent and spot on. And a lot of sharp business minds like yourself have taught me a lot. Trust me. I study what you guys say and implement it along with my own research on an every day basis at work. I'm in the trenches, hands-on with the new wave of Reebok consumer, so I see things in a very different light. However, because of these everyday experiences, it's kinda why I still have hope for the brand, I suppose.

While I don't want to lose any customer at all, I have noticed the change to the "loyal" fanbase just as you have mentioned above, but those "loyal" Reebok fans that still exist really inspire me. And I'm not gonna frown on any new customer either, because some of them are giving up some of the big dogs of fitness to give Reebok a chance and I really appreciate that. For them to work hard for their money and spend it on us is pretty awesome and very humbling, especially considering the state of Reebok, currently.

I do what I can with what little power I have though, I can promise you all that much. Even if it's as small as what we should display and what should be at the forefront of our visuals and things like that. I'm trying man, I'm fighting for us! Ha ha.

But yeah, no problem, just want to share my blessings with all of you guys, and trying not to get shot as the messenger in the process.
laugh.gif

all i want is the reebok classic city editions to return, i had both of the texas editions and it's so bad i can't even find pics of them 
frown.gif
 let alone find them on FB, i wore those 2 pairs out so bad. I did manage to finally get a K.dot with the green classic, and i have to say his colabs went down in branding, the first pair had his sig on the tongue and really made you say that's a kdot shoe, but these last 2 if it wasn't for the little advertising you really wouldn't know they were his shoes, his first colab still goes for above retail used, so that's a sign of how colabs should be done

tbh i'd say the biggest fail was the question winners that got to make their own 1-1 question but we've beat that dead horse enough

Last edited:
Thanks, Bro! I appreciate that!

And YIKES, did not expect all this negativity to be quite honest. 
Definitely surprising reactions when all I wanted to do was help out. 
People talking about "let downs" and Reebok being at their "lowest point" in history, etc.
This sadly and oddly reflects the state of our times.
Just too much negativity man, I'm not about that life. 

Worst case scenario, I'll DM you with something. I got you. 

My dude, Reebok is at their lowest point but you helping out your fellow Reebok fans is appreciated.

My post was satirical and poking fun at kickconnoisseur kickconnoisseur 's posting after years of lurking!

Last edited:

all i want is the reebok classic city editions to return, i had both of the texas editions and it's so bad i can't even find pics of them 
frown.gif
 let alone find them on FB, i wore those 2 pairs out so bad. I did manage to finally get a K.dot with the green classic, and i have to say his colabs went down in branding, the first pair had his sig on the tongue and really made you say that's a kdot shoe, but these last 2 if it wasn't for the little advertising you really wouldn't know they were his shoes, his first colab still goes for above retail used, so that's a sign of how colabs should be done

tbh i'd say the biggest fail was the question winners that got to make their own 1-1 question but we've beat that dead horse enough
Those Kendrick's are so sick! Someone at my store came up on a pair after someone returned them to us last week, my size and everything. Just wasn't lucky enough to be on shift when that return came through. Damn. True on the branding, but I do like his Club C's a lot, personally. I'm just a fan of the silhouette and they fit my personal style. I will say they look even better in person and I have a pair on hold right now, although nothing is touching the Kendrick's you're speaking of. His Club C's definitely have minimal branding with a red "k" on one shoe and a red "." on the other, ha ha. But I can dig it. 

My dude, Reebok is at their lowest point but you helping out your fellow Reebok fans is appreciated.

My post was satirical and poking fun at @KickConnoisseur's posting after years of lurking!
Yeah, I acknowledged the numbers and that I understood all the "facts" in those lengthy posts above, but I was just getting shot at as the messenger and I was like, whoa! I come in peace! Meanwhile, I'm just here trying to save wallets! Ha ha.

But no worries man, I can take a joke, I got you. If there was a thumbs up emoji I would enter it here. Ha ha. 

Maybe I came too hard on the dude, but after so many years if Reebok absence, and nonsense, first one that came around was going to get the vent.

Yeah, I acknowledged the numbers and that I understood all the "facts" in those lengthy posts above, but I was just getting shot at as the messenger and I was like, whoa! I come in peace! Meanwhile, I'm just here trying to save wallets! Ha ha.

But no worries man, I can take a joke, I got you. If there was a thumbs up emoji I would enter it here. Ha ha. 
What's your job title over at reebok? I'm in product development so just curious.

Maybe I came too hard on the dude, but after so many years if Reebok absence, and nonsense, first one that came around was going to get the vent.

It's all good, I think we all needed to vent our frustrations, it's like my frustrations with the city classics

Just release models that aren't so well known to everyone in GOOD QUALITY....too hard to understand I guess.

I will say that I have a hard time buying the "Blue Toes" Questions when I know they could be had for cheaper if I tried.

I remember seeing Iversons in mags and at my local outlet...retro the Damn 3 already!!!! Hahahaha

@stratcat  Clean looking shoes and the box looks dope. I also enjoy Curren$y, he's so underrated the man is a lyrical beast. In my opinion he should be more known, I mean like Drake known status, plus Drake might be nice, but I could relate more to what Curren$y be spittin he has that Classic Down South Style to him and he fuses it with some dope beats that has a mixture of the New blend in with the Old. I'm not even from the South, but I grew up listening to a lot of Hip-Hop from the South, people used to think I was weird or something for bumpin stuff from the South but look at it now. I know its not that lyrical no more like how it used to be, that's why I really appreciate artists like Curren$y cause he's the real sound of the South, peace!

This right here is that Classic Down Dirty South Hip-Hop that I grew up listening to!

Last edited:
Some really great conversation in here guys I must say, whether it's frustration or raspberryromeo raspberryromeo trying to help out (which I appreciate) even if to our eyes Reebok hasn't done the loyal customers kind...but I'm going to offer a different point of view.

The NHL and Crossfit/UFC are certainly NOT small markets...at all. I have played goal for almost 20 years now and back in the early 2000's I purchased RBK's Xpulse goalie gear. Aside from using top notch lifelong hockey brands like Vaughn and Heaton, the RBK stuff was probably the best stuff I had purchased in a long time. Not 100% sure what their presence is gear wise in the current NHL, but RBK has had an NHL presence period for a loooong time. Aside from the obvious like CCM, Bauer, etc RBK has stuck around longer than Nike in the NHL.

I have been in the fitness industry as a trainer since 1999. The facility I work at is a privately owned company call The Gym. It's an upscale health club in Bergen County, New Jersey. The 1 of our 2 clubs that I work at, in just Personal Training revenue alone we have hit the 2 million dollar mark in past years. In just PT with staff of 15 trainers. My point is that Reebok's Crossfit presence in our industry is HUGE. I have been a booth volunteer at Crossfit games held at MetLife (Giants) stadium and we have countless Crossfit boxes in the area. It generates $4 billion in annual revenue and Crossfit Inc churns in about $100 million on it's own. It is not going away anytime soon, and Reebok is right to capitalize on the revenue they generate from it. Without making that money some of the stuff we WANT to see would never happen. But I want to be clear...I HATE Crossfit, but you can't deny the data.

I think some people forget that NT can actually be the small niche voice in many cases. Don't get me wrong, I love Reebok kicks and have been bummed by the lack of stuff the real fans want to see. But in big corporate business, as our guy stated, certain voices are only heard so much when the bottom line...is THEIR bottom line.

Certain collabs have been great (Shaq Attaq's come to mind) so I'm glad anything like that gets the green light, but of course regular releases like the white/black Shaq Attaq IV was kind of a let down.

Nothing is going to be perfect, and yes Reebok has clearly seen better years, but just like our guy said, being positive about the stuff that IS happening yields better returns than being upset at the brand, even if it's deserved.

Carry on gents.

Last edited:
My new Curren$y Reebok came in the mail today, he's one of my favorite rappers right now, loving the shoes so far
bruh..
sick.gif
 the quality on these joints are insane. got mine in the mail yesterday and almost fainted, the suede, the hemp rope laces, the box. nothing less than quality.  but when you talking bout Curren$y quality is to be expected

Last edited:
Some really great conversation in here guys I must say, whether it's frustration or @RaspberryRomeo trying to help out (which I appreciate) even if to our eyes Reebok hasn't done the loyal customers kind...but I'm going to offer a different point of view.

The NHL and Crossfit/UFC are certainly NOT small markets...at all. I have played goal for almost 20 years now and back in the early 2000's I purchased RBK's Xpulse goalie gear. Aside from using top notch lifelong hockey brands like Vaughn and Heaton, the RBK stuff was probably the best stuff I had purchased in a long time. Not 100% sure what their presence is gear wise in the current NHL, but RBK has had an NHL presence period for a loooong time. Aside from the obvious like CCM, Bauer, etc RBK has stuck around longer than Nike in the NHL.

I have been in the fitness industry as a trainer since 1999. The facility I work at is a privately owned company call The Gym. It's an upscale health club in Bergen County, New Jersey. The 1 of our 2 clubs that I work at, in just Personal Training revenue alone we have hit the 2 million dollar mark in past years. In just PT with staff of 15 trainers. My point is that Reebok's Crossfit presence in our industry is HUGE. I have been a booth volunteer at Crossfit games held at MetLife (Giants) stadium and we have countless Crossfit boxes in the area. It generates $4 billion in annual revenue and Crossfit Inc churns in about $100 million on it's own. It is not going away anytime soon, and Reebok is right to capitalize on the revenue they generate from it. Without making that money some of the stuff we WANT to see would never happen. But I want to be clear...I HATE Crossfit, but you can't deny the data.

I think some people forget that NT can actually be the small niche voice in many cases. Don't get me wrong, I love Reebok kicks and have been bummed by the lack of stuff the real fans want to see. But in big corporate business, as our guy stated, certain voices are only heard so much when the bottom line...is THEIR bottom line.

Certain collabs have been great (Shaq Attaq's come to mind) so I'm glad anything like that gets the green light, but of course regular releases like the white/black Shaq Attaq IV was kind of a let down.

Nothing is going to be perfect, and yes Reebok has clearly seen better years, but just like our guy said, being positive about the stuff that IS happening yields better returns than being upset at the brand, even if it's deserved.

Carry on gents.
CrossFit will die very soon, just like every sub fitness trend in the last 30-40 years, then Reebok will be out of their small milking cow, all eggs in one basket analogy here. As for NHL, well that's what they have for a while now, I believe after acquiring CCM a few years ago, they position is pretty good, till Nike or some of the other giants decide to step in and Reebok will be done with that industry in no time. 

Ultimately, losing Basketball, Soccer and Tennis was the three big mistakes they made and ultimately committing a market suicide, hell even all the legendary runners they had never received the love of the retro. Everyone keep telling us that now is the time of the slim looking runners, well where are all the retros Reebok? Adidas were able to create magic with only one NMD model that is 20 years old, where are the Aztrek, Boston Road, Ventilator Supreme, Pyro, Graphlite Road...oh wait, I forgot you guys are fresh out of Graphlite :)))) 

Back
Top Bottom