New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Jamison officially will be wearing Luke's old #4 jersey.Hope that jersey isn't cursed :lol:

Jamison officialy flopped and was called for a blocking foul while making his way to the press conference :lol:

Jamison officially will be wearing Luke's old #4 jersey.Hope that jersey isn't cursed :lol:
Jamison officialy flopped and was called for a blocking foul while making his way to the press conference :lol:

luke shouldnt even been mentioned with jamison.. tawn has been a far better and more productive #4 than that bum luke

It was the final straw. Nick clearly had attitude issues going back to his college days at Cincinnati and was the reason why he dropped so late in the 2nd round.
Then he had that incident of chest bumping a ref which got him suspended.He started arguing with Del Harris during games when he got benched.There was a game where the Lakers were down 2 and Nick had a wide open fast break layup at the end the of a game and instead he pulled up and missed a 3 :lol:

del harris.... havent thought bout him for so long.. he was such a bum of a coach..i think van exel would have been a laker for a longer period, if phil jackson was the coach and not harris.. so would jones... but then again, glen rice was the complementary player to shaq and kobe.

I can already see next season NT'ers complaining on here when Jamison & Steve Blake are running the 2nd unit and both guys are shooting bricks and blowing a lead.

NT'ers on here within 2 weeks into the season will be saying "Jamison was a horrible signing" "Trade Jamison" "Man he's old and we should have gotten younger on the bench" "This dude is a bum and plays matador defense & flops a lot"

Last edited:
I can already see next season NT'ers complaining on here when Jamison & Steve Blake are running the 2nd unit and both guys are shooting bricks and blowing a lead.
NT'ers on here within 2 weeks into the season will be saying "Jamison was a horrible signing" "Trade Jamison" "Man he's old and we should have gotten younger on the bench" "This dude is a bum and plays matador defense & flops a lot"

really? we all know he was not signed for his defense. for a player that has scored 50 in back to back games, it was kind of a no brainer to sign him. even though it's been a long long time he did that, he avg. 17 ppg last year and that is always a welcoming addition to a bench that has trouble scoring..

now steve blake is another issue.. if it was up to me he'd be long gone

I remember that Jamison played for Mike Brown in Cleveland, but just realized he played with Nash in Dallas too... as a sixth man. I think that's important.

really? we all know he was not signed for his defense. for a player that has scored 50 in back to back games, it was kind of a no brainer to sign him. even though it's been a long long time he did that, he avg. 17 ppg last year and that is always a welcoming addition to a bench that has trouble scoring..
now steve blake is another issue.. if it was up to me he'd be long gone

Yeah but that was on a horrible lottery team.Any decent player at his age could have put those stats up.

I'll be happy if Jamison gives us 10 points and 5 boards a game this coming season.

Last edited:
Yeah but that was on a horrible lottery team.Any decent player at his age could have put those stats up.
I'll be happy if Jamison gives us 10 points and 5 boards a game this coming season.

see, i dont believe none of that... any decent player his age could have put those stats up? he is 36.. look at carter.. he was supposed to be more talented than jamison.. yet jamison avg. 17 ppg, carter avg. 10, kg avg 15.8..

people dont give enough credit to players on sucky teams.. remember that those players face double and triple teams on some nights, since they are the only strong offensive option on the floor.. that's why i think people should also give shareef abdur rahim more credit, when he played for the grizzlies

How do you guys feel about our team right now?

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Bynum

Blake/Morris
AG
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill

etc.. (fill me in with the other players)

makes me wonder why we just dont get rid of our dead weight...

morris
goudelock (even though he can play, mike brown will never give him a chance)
mcroberts
eyenga
sacre
ebanks (dont like him)
troy murphy
johnson-odom

makes me wonder why we just dont get rid of our dead weight...
morris
goudelock (even though he can play, mike brown will never give him a chance)
mcroberts
eyenga
sacre
ebanks (dont like him)
troy murphy
johnson-odom

Salary cap reason's. Murphy I think only signed a one year contract and won't be back.McRoberts is getting 3 million, Ebanks 1.4 million, Morris & Goudelock getting a little 500K each, Scare & Johnson-Odom will be in the NBDL and are getting about how much Morris & Goudleock are getting.

Bottom line is when a team like the Lakers are way over the Salary Cap and will be over the cap for at 3 least more seasons teams are limited how they can fill out the bench and last roster spots.That why the Lakers for years have been willing to trade away their mid to late 1st round draft picks for contract dumps, 2nd round picks, and player exceptions.

Last edited:
The team is still #2 to OKC.. #3 in the NBA.. We'd make it a more difficult series, but not enough to win.

Exactly, any DECENT player......thats all he has to do is be decent in LA, i dont think any of us are realistically expecting an all star season out of him.

Exactly, any DECENT player......thats all he has to do is be decent in LA, i dont think any of us are realistically expecting an all star season out of him.

he might not get 33 minutes, but that also depends on, if bynum and gasol stay out of foul trouble.. if jamison can give the lakers 12 to 14 points per game, then he is worth it to me... he has a career avg of 19.5 ppg, so i dont think scoring will be a problem for him.

another thing... the magic fo wants to talk to howard to convince him to stay

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/24/is-orlando-still-an-option-for-dwight/

I'm hoping the trigger can be pulled for a trade of Dwight soon (yes I know what's being reported).. Because the FO waiting for that deal to fill the roster has really hurt us.

I talked about it last night... 10-18th bench in the league scored between 30-33ppg.

If Jamison gives us 10. We need 1 more guy who can give 10 off the bench.. Then 4 from Blake, Hill & Ebanks each .. And you are at 32ppg. (All very doable)... And I'm low-balling 4 of the 5 guys capability.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the trigger can be pulled for a trade of Dwight soon (yes I know what's being reported).. Because the FO waiting for that deal to fill the roster has really hurt us.
If Jamison gives us 10. We need 1 more guy who can give 10 off the bench.. Then 4 from Blake, Hill & Ebanks each .. And you are at 32ppg. (All very doable)... And I'm low-balling 4 of the 5 guys capability.

why would orlando not be willing to take sacre, johnson-odom, eyenga and goudelock from the lakers along with some draft picks from houston or cleveland for dwight?

all those are young players, along with the draft picks from cleveland.. cause i dont see them get any better deal out of this

Why do you keep mentioning that? Of the guys who recently signed, who else would we have gone after?

Why do you keep mentioning that? Of the guys who recently signed, who else would we have gone after?

You look at everyone who has taken pay cuts to play one year.... Randy Foye comes to mind.. Combo guard who signed 1 year/ $2.5 mil...

He could easily get 25mpg here. 14 behind Kobe. 11 behind Nash..

You look at everyone who has taken pay cuts to play one year.... Randy Foye comes to mind.. Combo guard who signed 1 year/ $2.5 mil...
He could easily get 25mpg here. 14 behind Kobe. 11 behind Nash..

My thing is, why do you just assume every FA is just willing and ready to play for the Lakers. Who knows, what if Randy foye(or any FA for that matter) told his people not to entertain any offers from LAL? Despite what some Laker fans want to think, not every player cares to suit up for the P&G

Last edited:
My thing is, why do you just assume every FA is just willing and ready to play for the Lakers. Who knows, what if Randy foye(or any FA for that matter) told his people not to entertain any offers from LAL? Despite what some Laker fans want to think, not every player cares to suit up for the P&G

While there is clear interest from the Lakers' side, West's signing is not considered imminent as L.A. is wary about locking up its remaining open roster spots while a Dwight Howard deal -- that will surely be multi-player or even multi-team when eventually completed -- is still on the table. ESPN.com

Meaning we barely have pursued anyone besides Jordan Hill..

And of course not everyone wants to play for the Lakers.. But if you're not actively pursuing someone, they definitely will not sign, especially if they have a market.... Play same amount of minutes.. For $500K more.. Chances to win a championship.. And you wouldn't have to move.. Which is more attractive to Randy Foye?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom