New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Man I don't know about that, we need athleticism and shooting. Our anemic fastbreak + transition game would not improve.

CJ MIles might be more athletic than any other wing on the team besides Ebanks.

Last edited:
He's athletic, but not the shooter some make him out to be.

I don't think he's better than Matt Barnes, but meh.

Is he a good bench player? Can he score?
That's all that matters..

CJ Miles is criminally underrated. He's a solid bench player, who has a decent jumper and can defend. He would've been our best bench player last year, easily.

Barnes is better? >D

Barnes was really good until the knee and ankle injuries derailed him the last two seasons.

Would be nice if we get CJ Miles..

If we then pursue a S&T for Meeks.. It won't take much in assets to get him. He's probably a $1.5mil player. For example, Christian Eyenga for Meeks works straight up.. Unfortunately Sixers have 100 players that are like Eyenga already, they'd have to see what the Sixers could want.. Like everything It isn't likely, but would be an interesting route to take...

Last edited:
mitch is waiting for everyone else to be signed so he can sign some scrub for the league minimum

The CJ Miles interest is mutual.

But I think you're right, but that will be for a lesser involved player. So a Troy Murphy signing, but rather than be our 8th or 9th guy they'd be like 13th. And no I'm not saying sign Troy Murphy again.

Last edited:
the rumor is for the mini mid level though

mitch said he would not used it and passed on many decent player

why waste the mini mid level on a scrub like cj miles?

:rofl: @ thinking using a MINI-MID-LEVEL on CJ MILES is wasting it. Who the hell do you want for that cheap?

I swear some of you guys expect us to work some impossible magic, we're already a team that goes well above and beyond the salary cap and has to pay all kinds of tax fee's...and you guys till expect us to go after all the expensive free agents left.

To get CJ Miles at this point to add to our bench rotation for that cheap would be the best we could hope for.
We can't go out and get Steve Nash type of talent all summer long, you gotta remember a championship team needs role players from top to bottom. They all matter, CJ would give us something solid in small minutes.

We need players like Noris Cole, Robert Horry, DFish (of old), Mike Miller (game 5), who come in and give us a good game here and there and help us on our path.

Seriously, how much more can Mitch do with NEGATIVE money left?

Last edited:
Barnes was really good until the knee and ankle injuries derailed him the last two seasons.

True, but that's been his history. He's always been a solid player when cutting to the basket off the ball and a decent defender, but he can never stay healthy.

Miles is 6'6'', 25 years old, can defend, run the court, put up points. The only thing suspect is his jumper, but there's no denying that he has a nice all-around game. I don't think this precludes us from still being interested in Meeks...his ability to shoot from the outside is something we'd still sorely need, even if we were to sign CJ. Oh and CJ has playoff experience so he won't be Ramoning it out there in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
everyone here sound like women. like some basketball house wives. the focus is on the olympics. ain't no one is gonna give a crap about all this talk u guys doing. lolz

Back
Top Bottom