New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

KUPCHAK HAS LOST HIS ******G MIND!!

I rather Bynum + Gasol ALL DAY. Plus Dwight will be 30 in no time (he's about to be 27 in December) whereas Bynum is only 24 (25 in October).

What happens when Dwight loses his athleticism? I think Bynum's post game is much more refined and I think he can be a more effective center down the stretch of his career than Dwight once Dwight loses his athleticism.

Dude Dwight has no type of versatility, dude is dominant playing his game but he's not going to have superman athleticism forever.

If this goes down I'll be so ******g livid. If it doesn't go down GREAT JOB ALIENATING OUR GUYS MITCH.

Kobe needs to go in to his office and *****-slap the **** out of Mitch.

Last edited:
The Lakers are in a tough position. Trade for Howard and lose Bynum/Gasol. Don't trade and could lose Bynum for nothing. Geez.

If Bynum is still here next summer.

He ain't leaving 25 million extra on the table to sign with another team in free agency.

There is ZERO chance of Lakers losing him for nothing.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious on this deal...

Dwight-Pau-Kobe-Nash >>>> Dwight-Al-Kobe-Nash, now if we could somehow fleece Iggy into it instead of Harrington then do it. But I don't think this clearly makes us the team to beat in the West. Henninigan is trying to screw us over, just take the damn HOU or CLE 3 way trade.

So if ORL wants Pau instead of Bynum, why not just trade them straight up? And try and move Bynum for another PF + backup PG?

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sources: Magic and Lakers are discussing the reported 4 team deal. But nothing is imminent as they are discussing other potential deals.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Source confirms that ORL, LAL, PHI and DEN have discussed four-team deal. However, source warns it's "one of several deals being discussed."

Sounds like LA will be involved... ORL please choose one without Pau; they've got better returns for you anyway

So if ORL wants Pau instead of Bynum, why not just trade them straight up? And try and move Bynum for another PF + backup PG?

Because Lakers know that it wouldn't be just Pau for Dwight straight up.

Any trade involving Dwight.The Magic are going to unload all or most of their bad contracts.

A trade between Lakers & Magic would mean the Lakers taking Hedo & JRich which the Lakers aren't willing to do.

Because Lakers know that it wouldn't be just Pau for Dwight straight up.
Any trade involving Dwight.The Magic are going to unload all or most of their bad contracts.
A trade between Lakers & Magic would mean the Lakers taking Hedo & JRich which the Lakers aren't willing to do.

AND DONT FORGET WITH THIS TRADE THEY ALSO GET DRAFT PICKS.

Can't find 1 deal I like where Gasol & Bynum get traded together..

Cutting out Nuggets... Bringing in Howard, Iguodala, Jason Richardson, Glen Davis is close.. But it'd be tough to get it down.

Magic seem to want Afflalo, and Sixers would have to trade Iggy to Denver for it to happen.

And there is a lack of picks...

I just don't see how this deal goes down and Mitch approves after saying NO WAY does Gasol & Bynum both get traded to bring in Howard.. Then spend 12 months lowballing Magic then high ball a multi-team deal

Last edited:
Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

NBA source says there would be nothing holding Denver or Philly from this deal, but its more Lakers and Magic exploring options. Not close.

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

Source: Exploratory. Option of moving Pau has always been there, but nothing Lakers are serious about, especially with Nash on board. FWIW

It starting to sound like the Magic & Lakers are working on multiple scenarios. I think they'll end up taking the CLE or HOU path over this one.

As much as I would hate to have to trade both Bynum and Gasol, if that's truly the only possible way to bring Dwight to the Lakers, then I'm for it.

It's a move that gives us future cap relief and, more importantly, it gives us a real superstar to lead us post Kobe retirement.

We'd be at least a marginally better team in the short term, and we'd be saved from years of the lottery in the long term.

That said, I really hope we can somehow swing this without trading away Pau.

I dont know about all that. I like Dwight but the way he has handled this whole situation shows that he not that tough mentally. Plus dude is acting like he doesnt even want to be a Laker. He's a great C but I dont think they he's fit to be the leader of a championship team.

Don't ever put rebuild and Lakers in the same sentence. The Lakers will matter long after Kobe is gone, get right.

man al harrington? are you kidding me? the black ninja turtle? the black christian slater? that dude sucks man. pau for that dude? what happend to iggy for pau?

that makes no sense at all. dwight will probably be out til all star break or more... our front court would be trash

man al harrington? are you kidding me? the black ninja turtle? the black christian slater? that dude sucks man. pau for that dude? what happend to iggy for pau?
that makes no sense at all. dwight will probably be out til all star break or more... our front court would be trash

They said December is when he'd be back..

But yeah Pau for Harrington is doo doo..

Likelihood this gets done: Extremely Unlikely

Last edited:
Eric Pincus tweeted there is another variation of the deal

Lakers: Dwight
Philly: Bynum
Nuggets: Iggy
Magic: Afflalo, Vucevic + Picks

Players also discussed in the scenario : Al Harrington, Devin Ebanks, Josh McRoberts, Jason Richardson
Players not involved: Pau Gasol

Last edited:
I think they are just working up a number of scenarios with willing teams, and it's up to ORL to pick the one they want.

Even though Woj reported the Bynum/Pau one earlier, I get the feeling it's one of many they've gone over - and one they probably won't revisit.

Back
Top Bottom