New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

I'm hoping the Bobcats take Beal now
nerd.gif

--Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash tells ESPN New York's Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco that he's keeping his options open regarding free agency. Nash also said, "For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization."

Haha damn! I really wanted Nash too.

40 yr old playing 25 mins a game is way better than
Steve blake and Ramon sessions .

I would love MKG on the Lakers but I don't think there's much weight to a Pau-for-3rd trade.

Depending on what salaries the Lakers take back, it would help them out financially... but I don't see it happening.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I would love MKG on the Lakers but I don't think there's much weight to a Pau-for-3rd trade.

Depending on what salaries the Lakers take back, it would help them out financially... but I don't see it happening.

F MKG.. I don't give a damn.. We don't have 2 years.. We either win now with Kobe. Or fade out of the playoffs and become mediocre for close to a decade.. There is no in between

Also Wizards are only $2mil under cap, meaning they can't take on Pau just for the 3.

We won't get Nene, we won't get John Wall or Ariza.

We'd have to take Emeka's $27mil over 2 years, probably Blatche $23mil over 3 years and the 3rd pick.

*cue Steve Nash no thanks gif*

And no one in their right mind would take Pau for a #3 pick.

MKG is a better 3rd option than Pau right now. He can't shoot, but at least he knows his role.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

MKG is a better 3rd option than Pau right now. He can't shoot, but at least he knows his role.

how is MKG a better option than pau? MKG hasnt even played one single minute in the league.. besides being a stand out in college doesnt mean a thing, cause in college you play against other kids.. not against pros

MKG will play 200% every night. Play D on any perimeter player you ask. Get rebounds, putbacks, 50-50 balls, etc.
He's physically ready to play in the pros, and he's the 2nd youngest kid in the draft I believe.

Pau's time as a Laker should be finished. I want to see us build for life w/o Kobe, now.

Why are we talking MKG?

He is NOT coming to the Lakers, folks.

And if he did, he is NOT NBA ready right now, to the point where he could immediately contribute to helping Kobe grab #6 very soon.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

--Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash tells ESPN New York's Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco that he's keeping his options open regarding free agency. Nash also said, "For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization."

Haha damn! I really wanted Nash too.

40 yr old playing 25 mins a game is way better than
Steve blake and Ramon sessions .
nah... but thanks
wink.gif

We need to trade Bynum for Deron!  

Word is we are trying to trade Metta for a late 1st Round pick. Unless These moves are moves to get Dwight or Deron this organization has lost its mind

Originally Posted by Essential1

Word is we are trying to trade Metta for a late 1st Round pick. Unless These moves are moves to get Dwight or Deron this organization has lost its mind
 I wouldn't mind it, it would clear salary.  After what Metta did last season, I'm done with him.
He got suspended 7 games, which led to us needing 7 games to beat Denver, which led to us only having 1 day off before the OKC series, and oh yeah if it wasn't for the DEN series going 7 games, we wouldn't have that stupid back-to-back vs. OKC.

Ron's stupidity really hurt the team from a scheduling and fatigue standpoint.  I really think the management is done with him and his antics.  A couple steals and deflections each game isn't worth the lack of athleticism, consistency, and outside shooting.

Now that MIN has Buddinger, maybe we can somehow get rid of Metta and swing a deal to get Beasley.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This team needs to make changes, PERIOD.  2 years of 2nd round exits ain't gonna cut it.  

I think they have. 
Lakers are in a bind, and I don't see any hope for the future of this franchise 
frown.gif

I'm excited to see what deals we make this off season.

There's no way we stand pat. I feel like big changes are coming.

The team needs to be constructed to beat the Thunder, Heat, etc. No other purpose.. Because if you are not winning titles you are irrelevant in the NBA. The Lakers right now are irrelevant.

What's one thing those 2 teams have in common... Best SF's in the league..

You expect Beasley to guard them.. F outta here.  Be easier to just call in sick and skip a series against them.

You want a title Metta has to stay on for that one reason.. Trying to distract and frustrate them as much as possible...

His antics? He got suspended for name only, not for the severity of what he did... And that is the NBA's fault of punishing the person not the "crime" and he still was the second best player on the roster for March - May.

Get rid of Metta to add Beasley..You should be thinking rather how can we add Beasley to play behind Metta. Because Beasley will never be better than the 7th spot on the roster.. And his defense is nonexistent..  

Well i mean, what the hell do y'all expect? Fact of the matter is this team needs a change of identity, and that's not coming via free agency cause there's little to no money to spend. If it means we gotta take a step back in order to move forward then by all means do it.....the sooner some of y'all realize that, the better it'll be for you
tired.gif

Anyway... Deron I guess clarified the list was "who he'd sign with in free agency"  

A source close to Nets point guard Deron Williams said Houston is not likely to be added to his free-agent wish list even if the Rockets get Howard. Williams is focused on the Nets or his hometown team in Dallas, though he is known to be open to joining the Lakers if they were able to pull off a sign-and-trade with Brooklyn. SI.com
It's time.. Let Bynum go for Deron.. It has to happen.. (only way I don't is if Bynum lands Dwight on draft night or before Free Agency starts, then we use Pau to land Deron.. At that point if we have Dwight, Deron will never go to Houston, so we can give Houston Pau, and have them help us get Deron.. Better us than Dallas)

If not Bynum for Deron happens July 1st.. And we go on with Pau.. And do what's necessary to fill Center. And my pick is Camby & Hill.. They only need to focus on rebounding.. Camby is old, but was the best rebounder in the NBA. Better than Love, Dwight, Bynum & Cousins. He wants to play for a contender for a title, and was serious about taking less money.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Pau for third pick. Deron for Bynum
An irrelevant. First Round Exit team..

Also you do know we'd need to take at least Emeka Okafor & maybe Andray Blatche as well back from the Wizards right.. It's a trade that doesn't help us.. We don't have years to wait for MKG to be whatever he will be in the NBA..

Meaning we'd be in the same financial bind with a worse team. 

Essential, I think you're over-valuing Artest, man. Dude is slow, throws up bricks, can't dribble......ya he had a good run with Kobe out. but he's not worth 7 mill at this stage in his career.
At least a young, athletic, scoring SF would make the opposing SF work a little bit on defense instead of leaving Metta to double team Bynum who can't make good passes.
 And if you're hoping for Artest to "frustrate and distract" Lebron and Durant, then you already lost. those 2 are elite and a 31 year old slow #$@ Artest can't stop them
Edit:  Durant averaged 27 pts, 9 rebs, on 52% shooting vs. the Lakers.  

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Pau for third pick. Deron for Bynum
An irrelevant. First Round Exit team..

Also you do know we'd need to take at least Emeka Okafor & maybe Andray Blatche as well back from the Wizards right.. It's a trade that doesn't help us.. We don't have years to wait for MKG to be whatever he will be in the NBA..

Meaning we'd be in the same financial bind with a worse team. 
How do you know for sure we have to take Okafor and Andray Blatche ? This Lakers team right now was 1 quarter away from a first round exit vs Denver. I take my chance with MKG and Deron William than 30 years old Pau Gasol and overrated Bynum.

Ron Artest can guard lebron or durant at all anymore ..And his offence is trash ..He makes dumb mistakes also hes gotta go

Back
Top Bottom