New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Trevor Ariza obviously off the possibility list.. In awful news
Steve Kyler: For those asking Rashard will likely be bought out at $13.95 million, but his cap value is $22 million... he will be waived not amensty Twitter
Steve Kyler: It is HIGHLY doubtful Rashard Lewis goes back to Orlando... watch the Lakers and Houston. Twitter

Sigh
ohwell.gif

If it was 06-09 Rashard.. I'd be first in line.. But 2012 Rashard... Nah man.. I'm cool..

I'd rather test my luck bringing in Marvin Williams with Josh Smith, hoping to use Marvin in a trade in the season.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

dude theres only like a handful of real lakers in here who actually understand the game.....

Essential knows, he speaks truth..... like I actually bet he plays basketball in the shoes he buys.

and let sessions walk? %%%?

Sessions did AWESOME in the 20-something games he played with us... + PLAYING IN HIS FIRST EVER PLAYOFF GAMES/ATMOSPHERE. 
Hes battle tested x approved.

solarius49 wrote:
Ramon Sessions shot 47.9% from the field, and 48.6% from 3 according to ESPN...that cant be right, can it?
Oh no hate here, Sessions is one of my favorite players in the NBA, and I said he is one of the best things to happen to the Lakers in recent years.  I just remember in the past few years shooting wasnt always his strength...But if he leaves, we'll def take him in Indy

Shard is better than Vlad and Kapono and any other hired "shooters"... if he is contract is reasonable

All he has to do is camp on the weak side 3 and wait for a pass from Bynum :/

I just looked at the cap. There is no way we can field a team around Kobe and be a championship contender. Even with Pau & Bynum. Not because Kobe lacks the talent.. We got screwed by the CBA. The CBA was made distinctively to punish the Lakers..

It is almost impossible for us to be under $90million the next 2 years salary cap wise. This year we could end up at $100mil. Next year probably the same.. That means in 2013-2014 we have a luxury tax of almost $89,000,000 dollars on top of our team salary of $95,000,000..

Only way we stay at $85-95mil for the next 2 years if Buss gives away all the revenue for one year of the TV deal to try and win a title.

Might as well completely blow it up, and have Kobe fade off in the sunset with a marginal playoff team. Not what I'd do, but what choice do we have

Kobe best chance to win a 6th championship is to retire and then sign with a contender

Lakers get to rebuild and Kobe can chase that elusive 6th ring with other good team like Bulls

Only way for us to win is bite the bullet on tv revenue for a year and go all out for 2 years to to win back-to-back.

Without these 2 years we are an 8th seed at best. And will slowly decline until we have a high draft pick and convince a superstar to play for the Lakers again.

I think as a business man Buss has to take the bullet from the small owners for a year and try to maximize brand potential as long as possible.

looks like heat and OKC in finals again next year.... I dont think mike brown can adjust well enough, i guess well see....

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

can't believe I'm saying this... I want KYLE LOWRY or GORAN DRAGIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

neither are on the trading block..  We can't afford Dragic, and Dragic wants to be with the Rockets or the Suns..

Morey won't trade Lowry at all..

Hell why would you..  Lowry & Dragic getting 35 minutes a night each >  having Dragic & Gasol.. Especially when they can get Gasol without Giving up Lowry..

Some of you have to come to grips with the fact Sessions will be back as the starting PG unless a double rainbow pops up with 2 pots of gold.

Furthermore when Pau & Bynum force the front office and Mike Brown to use Lowry like Derek Fisher  a PG who does nothing more but be a spot up shooter (exactly what they did to Sessions). Lowry's numbers will drop too..

Lowry > Sessions  yes. But unless you get rid of the "Twin Towers" he will be used like a Derek Fisher Point Guard.

The Rockets have a trade in the works that would see them move Samuel Dalembert and possibly a first-round pick (No. 16), tweets Steve Kyler of Hoops World. It's unclear which team is in negotiations with the Rockets.

The Rockets have been rumored to be exploring the possibility of trading one or both of their first-round picks for veteran players. There were rumblings that the club could try to trade both picks in a package for a star, but if only Dalembert and the 16th pick are on the table, the return is unlikely to be massive.

Atlanta gets: Dalembert, Kevin Martin, Steve Blake 14th & 16th from Houston
Houston gets: Pau Gasol, 60th pick from LA, Future Hawks 1st Rounder
LA gets: Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, Marvin Williams, 23rd from ATL pick

Lakers save a few $100K..   Then move Williams for Beasley who is at the same salary of Marvin Williams.

Frees up Rockets from their 2 worst contracts. They can now sign Courtney Lee & Dragic with Pau, Lowry & Scola and still have money left (my count if Dragic gets $7 mil, they'd have $7mil in cap if they brought back Patterson, Morris, Budinger, Lee at $4.5m, Parsons).  Lowry, Lee, Dragic eat up all the minutes at PG & SG.  All they need is a scoring SF. And a backup big and they are a solid roster top to bottom with all their young bench players..

Lakers get a starting PF who would be better with Sessions.  A backup PG in Jeff Teague without much dropoff from Sessions..  And add Beasley as your backup 3/4.

No team gets screwed.. Each team benefits, and we all get the push we need to move into a new direction all being teams that can't get over the hump.

I'm hoping for a super team. Something so crazy like a big 4 of 4 current allstars. And sessions the 6th man at 30mins a game.

Here's to disappointment

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

What superteam with 4 players did you have in mind?
nerd.gif
No point of discussing it. It won't happen. And besides if we did do it. We'd have a payroll of $100-105million the next 2 years.. So there is another reason it won't happen

I'm sure Buss isn't going to pay $90million luxury tax bill for 2013-2014. Even if we have the money to do it for 1 year only. It'd be bad business.

Apparently Buss doesn't think our lineup needs a refresher, sucks man
30t6p3b.gif
I see another season like this one
next year then some huge changes.

Originally Posted by CJ863

Apparently Buss doesn't think our lineup needs a refresher, sucks man
30t6p3b.gif
I see another season like this one
next year then some huge changes.

He's not going to say Blow it up.. He's smarter than that. As much @$@* as some people give him, he's very smart.  Him & Mitch work together on everything. That CP3 deal was Mitch & Jim. It was a beautiful trade for us, but ah well.

Back to this, he can't say we need to blow it up, for the exact same reason as the CP3 trade. If a trade falls through, we have to deal with "hurt egos". And he also can't sound desparate in the media, because then Pau's value diminishes if the team is frantic about moves.  Gives other teams the upper hand, the good thing about Mitch & Jim, is they try as hard as possible to keep the upper hand.

There is always a chance no moves get made for our "Big 3", but even if their was, he won't publicly acknowledge it. Don't read too much into it.

http://www.reddit.com/tb/vg8aq

this didn't happen at the time i worked there, but while at a certain computer store (they only sales their own product) I was told this story by my manager.

Apparently Kobe Bryant walked in to purchase a whole new set up. The salesman spent about an hour and a half helping him. During their conversation the salesman mentioned that he was saving up for the same computer for college as the one kobe was purchasing. He sends kobe on his way to the cashier. On Kobe's way out he asked the salesman who helped him if he could carry a couple bags with him to his car. when they got outside Kobe handed him a bag with the same laptop that he bought. He didn't know what to do and didn't want to get in trouble so he told his manager. His manager told Kobe that we were unable to except gratuity although it was a wonderful gesture. Kobe told the managers that he would return everything he bought if they didn't allow the kid to keep the laptop. I believe they worked something out and the salesman ended up keeping it.

Back
Top Bottom