New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

If there is anyway possible I would like the lakers to go after delonte west...not sure how well he would handle being in LA though but dude can ball

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Of that entire list of players, I'd only want Terence Williams or Nick young on the team
For the mini-MLE...  My list

1. Nick Young (I don't think there is much chance for him at mini-MLE..)
2. Shannon Brown
3. Courtney Lee
4. Aaron Brooks
5. Kenyon Martin

For vet min... Delonte West, Marcus Camby, Antawn Jamison, Elton Brand, Jermain O'Neal  are decent choices...

Originally Posted by baik

If there is anyway possible I would like the lakers to go after delonte west...not sure how well he would handle being in LA though but dude can ball
If he's willing to sign for the veteran level exception then sure why not.
I mean if a nut case like Metta can make it here in LA then I don't see why Delonte can't 
laugh.gif

Sign him and then make sure he sees the shrink that's helping Metta out
laugh.gif

Blake, Barnes, McRoberts filled needs when they were signed, but when you think about it they're never going to "explode" or provide amazing energy the way the bench used to do with Farmar, Ariza, etc. Last year they would always "hold the fort" at best, and often give up leads. We need a bench that is "due" for a huge game every now and then.

So, here are cheap yet effective backups that would offer the necessary energy off the bench:

Shannon Brown (YES, I SAID IT), Donte Greene, Brandon Rush, Willie Green, Courtney Lee.

JR and Nick Young kinda fit what I said, but they're almost too poisonous.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

If Kobe can adjust his game similar to how Pierce adjusted to Rondo once he took the helm, then this team will be deadly

Huge if....

Not really. Kobe has shown he'll do what he has to to win. It's not like him or Nash has to change thier whole game. Nas will make things a lot easier for Kobe and vice versa.

Sign Grant Hill, Jordan Hill, and pray that Sessions wants to come back. Trade Bynum,Blake, and Sacre for Dwight and ___ and call it an off-season.

Dwight
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Sessions
Hill
Hill
McRoberts
G-Lock
Morris
Odom
Adam Morrison for the lulz

Lakers match Mavericks offer or Sessions
Jordan Hill says screw it and takes the mini MLE because he wants to be nowhere near the Mid-West
Grant Hill joins Nash for a pursuit of a ring for veterns min.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

If Kobe can adjust his game similar to how Pierce adjusted to Rondo once he took the helm, then this team will be deadly

Huge if....
Basically,I doubt he would change his game much as pierce did, it's going to be interesting to see if this works out tho.

Real talk, I wouldn't mind the machine coming back. Dude had a yolo attitude when it came to shooting. Didn't give a *@@$ about what Kobe thought.

this FA class seems more "meh" than usual.  That said, I would like to see us get courtney lee and jamison.  Okur would be okay as well.  I say this because MB seems to love to put a 4 on the 3 point line.

Ebanks will be a Laker next year. Barring huge offer. FO said they'll match the offer unless someone makes a ridiculous offer.

Taken from Real Gm. 
So the news I got from a very credible source was what most called and as I said was leaked all day.. Dwight to LA for Bynum. 

The deal was contingent upon Dwight signing an extension was the only way LA would do the deal to make Dwight the new face as Kobe ages. 

After the Nash deal went down.. Dwight agreed to extend with LA realizing Magic didn't want him in NJ. 

LA spoke with Bynum and Bynum agreed he would sign long term with Orlando.

Today LA insisted before making it public they wanted their back specializest to re evaluate Dwights back.. Current, State and future injuries he could get. 

LA got very concerned when their Dr today said although his back is recovering well, he feels there could be some concerns long term. 

LA is still not turned off but it caused them to sit back for a few and re evaluate the trade. 

Orlando is scared for them to wait and wants this done now! They do not want to put Dwight in the locker room nor do they want to let Bynum even play with Nash and give LA hope and leverage in a trade. 

Jameers extension was linked because he really was fed up with Dwight and when he heard the trade was going down.. He put his butt in the seat he was waiting for. 

Look at the rumors all day and you will see how people are hinting all over this. 

One thing is for sure.. Dwight will not be goin to NJ no matter what people say or promise.. The magic want him out the East.

Makes no sense for Dwight or Bynum to sign extensions. They get more money signing contracts as free agents.

Can't stand how people are thrilled with Dwight having an opportunity of going to LA. How is that fair? There's no point on watching basketball.

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Howard

That's not fair. I hate how basketball is evolving.

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Can't stand how people are thrilled with Dwight having an opportunity of going to LA. How is that fair? There's no point on watching basketball.

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Howard

To an extent you're right.. But what are teams without enough supposed to do? Watch while everyone else makes superteams?

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Howard

To an extent you're right.. But what are teams without enough supposed to do? Watch while everyone else makes superteams?

There's one team doing that.  Not every team.  And that one team isn't that good.  The league might as well start removing teams from each conference. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

Makes no sense for Dwight or Bynum to sign extensions. They get more money signing contracts as free agents.

Wrong !
Each team who has the current player under contract has all the leverage.

See what happened to D-Will this summer.

Next summer if Dwight is set to become a free agent. The team he last played for under his current contract can offer $25 million more than what any other team can offer him in free agency.And that's regardless if a team like the Lakers are already over the soft salary cap and are paying the luxury tax.

That's what "The Birds Rights" is all about.

^ Ditto. His post game comments after we were eliminated were distasteful. Dude plays hard when it's convenient for him and he gets discouraged easily. Good riddance.

Back
Top Bottom