New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

This isn't anywhere near a lock yet so I'm not gonna get too excited but it's def a step in the right direction. With Dwight on this team our half court offense would be virtually unstoppable IMO.

:pimp:

SPECULATION WARNING... SINCE DWIGHT HOWARD RUINED MY SLEEPING PLANS

So the framework of the roster is (No one is taking Metta):

Nash-Kobe-Metta-Pau-Howard
????-????-?????-Jamison- ?????
Morris – Ebanks – Sacre (I doubt any of these 3 get traded.. Goudelock, DJO on the other hand..)

We have 4 spots to fill... A total of 72 minutes left of the rotation to dole out... Maybe A little less because I think Jamison/Pau/Howard will be the entire rotation for the bigs.. Jamison gets 26 minutes at PF. Pau plays 22 at PF/ 12 at Center.. Dwight plays 36 at center... May add Jermaine O'Neal to just fill in minutes since we can't compete with Jordan Hill's offer from the Wolves.. :smh:
I'd be fine with Jermaine O'Neal as a limited minutes guy to add depth....

Free Agency:

PG:
Delonte West
Kenyon Dooling
Nate Robinson
Gilbert Arenas

SG:
Randy Foye
Courtney Lee
Shannon Brown
Brandon Rush
Jodie Meeks
Belineli

SF:
Alonzo Gee (would have to be part of 3 team. Only way we could get him)
CJ Miles
Tracy McGrady

PF:
Kenyon Martin

This isn't anywhere near a lock yet so I'm not gonna get too excited but it's def a step in the right direction. With Dwight on this team our half court offense would be virtually unstoppable IMO.

I'm honestly just more excited about the defense the current Laker team will have.

I mean seriously were talking about getting the only guy to win 3 straight DPOY awards and he does know how to come out and guard elite quick PG's on the pick & rolls.

Whatever he gives us with him & Nash killing it on the pick & rolls set plays are going to be just filthy.

This certaintly doesn't change a whole lot. WEren't the Lakers ready to make a Dwight deal even without a commitment? So we have made no real progress really

This certaintly doesn't change a whole lot. WEren't the Lakers ready to make a Dwight deal even without a commitment? So we have made no real progress really

Dwight saying he'd stay is huge news.. Because then it makes the Lakers FO have to be even more aggressive, if he'd only play for us.. Which is pretty much the indication

Dwight saying he'd stay is huge news.. Because then it makes the Lakers FO have to be even more aggressive, if he'd only play for us.. Which is pretty much the indication

Exactly, Lakers will throw the magic anything outside of Pau, Kobe, and Nash now.

thank you lakers/dodgers fan in dodger stadium! lol i bet he was happy he wasnt booed in the ravine.

im glad there werent clipper fans at the game last night.

Another aspect of this.. Is how will it affect how Rockets approach.. They can't afford to throw the kitchen sink for Dwight.. And bring back a terrible return of Houston Magic.. They'll then have to trade Dwight anyway, and the team with the best asset for Dwight at that point.... Lakers... Then essentially they traded everything for Bynum... I see Morey to hold back a little bit on his deal, which leaves an opening for this to get done.

I'm going to bed. I'm excited about the news but damn, this has to come to an end! Hopefully when I wake up, I see that Dwight is a Laker, or real close to it! *crosses fingers*

Man listening to this guy right now he does make sense and to me Orlando is really sounding like a another SHADY franchise like how Cleveland handled Lebron leaving them.

He brought up a good point about Houston being held up and not being able to counter the 3 team trade because of Asik's restricted free agent offer and waiting to hear if Chicago will match it.

Here is the cliffs & recap of the source being on the Yahoo Sports radio:

Jarrod Rudolph

- This process is so long, a lot of these things haven't come from Dwight, but the Lakers have been always the team Dwight has been interested in.

- Why not go here, with the Lakers history? Only missed the playoffs 5x's in it's lifetime. Let's get this thing over with so we can go back playing basketball.

- Dwight didn't want to be in Houston, he respects Kevin McHale, he respects the Rockets, but he wants to win a championship.

- Lakers get Jason Richardson too. Magic gets Varejao and picks.

- If Orlando doesn't take the LAL/CLE trade, then the Magic will look like (a fool) with no intentions of trading Dwight; playing Dwight and ruining his image. Lakers have been in constant contact with Dwight. Dwight is ready to go, Bynum is ready to go, Cleveland and LA are ready to go.

I see what you are saying. It just seems like there is too much that depending on Bynum and a butt-hurt ORL franchise. Who knows what they are going to do. We know how immature Bynum is. And ORL passed on Lopez with better picks, but will accept Verajao and worse picks? I guess there's more to it than that, but this whole Dwight-saga has me skeptical lol. Trying not to get my hopes up.

I see what you are saying. It just seems like there is too much that depending on Bynum and a butt-hurt ORL franchise. Who knows what they are going to do. We know how immature Bynum is. And ORL passed on Lopez with better picks, but will accept Verajao and worse picks? I guess there's more to it than that, but this whole Dwight-saga has me skeptical lol. Trying not to get my hopes up.

Nets picks weren't better if Dwight went there. Those 1st rounders would be in the mid to late 20's. Also no GM in their right mind is going to take whatever Lopez brother in a sign & trade max contract offer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom