New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by mco85

Pau and fillers for Taj Gibson, Korver and Watson. Would the Bulls do that?

Why the hell would WE do that? 
laugh.gif
  The Bulls answered yes just seein your post!!! 
roll.gif

Lakers offesason thread, also known as Ska favorite thing, Laker rumors.   Man does he love those things.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Maybe this season was evidence that the Pau & Bynum combo wasn't as great as made out to be.

Their size was evident a lot, but not on a consistent basis. They could volleyball the ball around, clean up messes, and feed each other - but they also got scored on a lot, outrebounded, and Pau's game was severely limited playing so far out of the post.

The Twin Towers thing brought a lot of good, but did it necessarily outweigh the bad?
Bynum is going through the learning stages.  He'll realize that defense matters more.  They should let KOBE/PAU run the pick and rolls, let them score.  Bynum is more important defensively and it shows.  His offensive production should be a 3rd option.  The 3rd option is actually more important, because it's a plan B that most teams won't expect.

A Dendre Jordan/ Tyson Chandler is what LA needs, but again, they need youth on the bench and on the court.  If they fail to do that, this team is LOTTO BOUND!!

i don't know man... can we afford to waste anymore of kobe's physical abilities on bynum's development? he said multiple times that if he focuses on defense, we'd win. but it's one thing to do it and another to just say it.

Bynum has an array of offensive skills but they don't consistently translate to good opportunities on the court. Double teams or good defense often force him into bad shots or blind passes, especially at the end of the season/playoffs. I'd say dumping the ball to Bynum resulted in a good decision 50-60% of the time (a good decision would include simply passing back out when there's no opportunity). For a supposed "big inside force," I'd expect a good decision 80-90% of the time.

On top of this, you bring Pau out of where he's most efficient to do this.

This can be blamed on Bynum's growth... but I'm just pointing it out as a reason why the Lakers didn't find much success.

Originally Posted by PMatic

The problem with Sessions has less to do with ability and more to do with fit.
Kerr was saying the same thing. 
Not that Ramon is at this level, but its the same reason Gary Payton was a non factor.

Session need to lose those Reebok zigtech that he wore . Those shoes have horrible traction and have zero cushion . If he want to be a better defender he need to be able to move laterally and stop on dime effectively especially against these fast guards of the West . Switch to Nike

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Lakers offesason thread, also known as Ska favorite thing, Laker rumors.   Man does he love those things.  
laugh.gif

smile.gif
 Unequivocal Yes

Aside from getting rid of Pau, we need perimeter shooting.

And to be rid of Pau.

But Pau is our perimeter shooting.....  
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I tweeted last night that I hope Kobe and Pau just fight right there on the court.  When Kobe came up and wanted Pau to run the pick and roll and Pau posts up at the top of the 3 point line, so Kobe slams the ball at him and just goes, then comes down next time on the other side and Pau does it again, so on the third time Pau finally moves off his post, and goes to the 3 point line, I just about died laughing.  I swear Kobe would have stabbed him if you gave him a knife. 
laugh.gif

The guy POSTED up damn near on the 3 point line and wouldn't roll or do nothin. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Where do I sign up for that trade? lol
Might as well take Boozer and let Bynum be the man

Just curious..

Would Kobe be willing to renegotiate his contract? Dude is towards the end of his career and obviously wants to win one more. With him doing so and taking a cut .. im sure theyd have many more options in addition to trading Bynum and/or Pau...

If Kobe is smart. He'd oblige. Dude knows he has a max of 3 yrs left in him. Why not?

^I'm pretty sure under the new CBA if Kobe were to restructure his contract it can't be more than 10% less than it is now. So it wouldn't do any good.

CP:
laugh.gif

Sofa.
King.
Annoying.
laugh.gif

Think I'll ask dmx or dirty to moderate this thread or something.
laugh.gif

fire mike brown.

trade gasol for a draftpick

dont re sign sessions

time to rebuild as best as you can.

amnesty world peace

no ifs ands or buts mike brown is worthless without a lebron james by his side to coach the offense...

like we can afford james harden
laugh.gif
thats the kind of crap that should not be allowed in this thread
laugh.gif
no way jeremy lin comes here either...

World Peace also addressed the coaching change from Phil Jackson to Brown, admitting, "It was a bit of getting used to," but he made sure not to blame Brown for the Lakers' fate against the Thunder.

"Mike wasn't out there guarding Kevin (Durant)," World Peace said. "That was me. Kevin scored on me. Mike didn't throw turnovers at the end of the game. Mike didn't miss a 3-point shot, I missed a 3-point shot. Mike didn't come in out of shape."

World Peace then caught himself.

"He did come in out of shape," World Peace said with a smile. "Actually, he is a fat-*%$."

I think Bynum has a legitimate chance to pass Howard within the next couple years as the best center in the league..

BUT Howard is a real fit for this team needs.. And a player who fits in a system >

Sessions needs to run the pick and roll.. Howard runs the pick and roll efficiently.. Bynum doesn't at all.. That pick and roll will be really good. If you can get a nice corner 3 point shooter, it'd be damn near unstoppable.

Howard is clearly the better defender. Howard actually gets down the court in a reasonable time, which allows for more time to run offensive plays. Part of the reason for our stagnant offense is Pau was slow, but Bynum took his sweet #%$ time.. By the time Bynum was back and in position the shot clock was down to 14 already.

Howard also is better at rebounding.

It'd be a no-brainer if a Howard for Bynum + filler is available take that %+@@ in a heart beat.. On the other hand asking for Pau & Bynum for Dwight is an atrocious trade. 1. We'd only get terrible contracts as their contract matching players. 2. You eliminate the possibility of fixing needs with Pau as a trade chip.. His trade value is feces compared to 2007-2010. But it would still get you something (as long as that something is not Luis Scola)

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Just curious..

Would Kobe be willing to renegotiate his contract? Dude is towards the end of his career and obviously wants to win one more. With him doing so and taking a cut .. im sure theyd have many more options in addition to trading Bynum and/or Pau...

If Kobe is smart. He'd oblige. Dude knows he has a max of 3 yrs left in him. Why not?
That's the only way this team has a shot.

I think Kobe needs to take a pay cut in order to get legitimate guys around him. If anything, possibly use that money to get an actual coach. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom