New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

How's this source for you guys

Dwight Howard OK to re-up for Lakers

Magic center Dwight Howard signaled that if he is traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, he would be prepared to sign a long-term extension after the 2012-13 NBA season, the basketball website RealGM.com reported on Wednesday.

Two sources confirmed to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Howard is willing to re-sign long-term with the Lakers if Orlando trades him there. Until recently, Howard had been steadfast in his desire to commit only to the Brooklyn Nets long-term.

The Lakers have not been notified of any change in Howard's thinking as of late Wednesday night, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne, but had always figured he would commit to staying with the franchise once he experienced being part of a championship culture. As ESPNLosAngeles.com reported Tuesday night, the Lakers have been willing to make a trade for Howard without assurances he would sign an extension.

Sources also told Broussard the Lakers are ready and eager to trade for Howard -- with a package built around Andrew Bynum -- but that Orlando is holding up the deal. Orlando, while willing to trade Howard, is not in a rush. The Magic will wait until they get a deal they like.

The Lakers remained dogged in their pursuit of Howard late into the night Wednesday and plan to continue discussions into Thursday, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com, but the longer the process drags on, the more it complicates their other offseason business and forces them to consider moving on.

One potential holdup is Bynum's unwillingness to sign a long-term extension in Orlando. While Bynum has not completely ruled out playing there, sources said, he will not sign an extension there and instead will wait until after the season to potentially test the free-agent market.

The Lakers have talked with Cleveland and Houston, both of whom have interest in Bynum, about being a third team to help facilitate the trade. Both clubs have the draft picks Orlando wants in any deal.

The Magic will also want to rid themselves of some of their more onerous contracts like those of Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson.

If a Howard trade isn't feasible, the Lakers would quickly turn their attention to resuming extension talks with Bynum and re-signing forward Jordan Hill. If Bynum agrees to an extension, it would start the clock on a deal for Howard in much the same way Brooklyn's extension with Brook Lopez did this week.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...raded-ready-sign-los-angeles-lakers-extension

This reminds me of Summer 1996 when I used to go to sleep with Sports Radio playing to hear if a deal for Shaq was actually going to be done. Now we have the internet/twitter to make it easier for updates...but nowadays anyone can quote sources and there's so many so called reporters tweeting. It would be almost too good to be true and Laker fans know how it is to have rumors of players supposedly coming to L.A. (K.G.) or even a player actually traded then pulled by Stern that keep us a bit skeptical.

So the fact that Howard was in a luxury box with Hollywood types at a Dodger game courtesy of Magic Johnson didn't kind of tell you he was pretty much a lock for throwing on a Lakers jersey???!!! You guys really aren't giving Magic enough credit in all this. The dude always puts the Buss family on blast when things aren't right and he gave up his position in the Lakers front office not just because of the Dodgers but also because it can't be considered tampering and dude can recruit for the Lakers on the low. They still "unofficially" consider him a V.P. Who the **** in the league is not going to consider dinner and advice from Magic ******g Johnson???? You honestly believe that the dudes In L.A. and the organization hasn't been recruiting the **** out of him with all types of Hollywood pitches and sells?????!! The dudes girlfriend is born and raised in L.A. and is a Laker fan and you don't think she is in his ear along with her family and friends???? Guys you are all missing the plot here. The NBA is a entertainment company first. It's offseason, the amount of traffic the NBA brand is getting because of the fever pitch this Dwight Howard saga is drawing is great for business. The dude is going to be a Laker. Go to bed!

So how many rings does Kobe end up with? I say 7.

So the fact that Howard was in a luxury box with Hollywood types at a Dodger game courtesy of Magic Johnson didn't kind of tell you he was pretty much a lock for throwing on a Lakers jersey???!!! You guys really aren't giving Magic enough credit in all this. The dude always puts the Buss family on blast when things aren't right and he gave up his position in the Lakers front office not just because of the Dodgers but also because it can't be considered tampering and dude can recruit for the Lakers on the low. They still "unofficially" consider him a V.P. Who the **** in the league is not going to consider dinner and advice from Magic ******g Johnson???? You honestly believe that the dudes In L.A. and the organization hasn't been recruiting the **** out of him with all types of Hollywood pitches and sells?????!! The dudes girlfriend is born and raised in L.A. and is a Laker fan and you don't think she is in his ear along with her family and friends???? Guys you are all missing the plot here. The NBA is a entertainment company first. It's offseason, the amount of traffic the NBA brand is getting because of the fever pitch this Dwight Howard saga is drawing is great for business. The dude is going to be a Laker. Go to bed!
So how many rings does Kobe end up with? I say 7.

Yeah I agree with just about everything you said.

Also factor in that Dwight got his surgery done and has been rehabbing in LA for close to 2 months now.

Now way in hell has he not been getting recruited by Hollywood Laker fan stars like Jack, Andy Garcia.

If this goes down .. what are the chances of Stern ******g this up again?

ZERO !

He was only able to block that trade because the Hornets were league owned at the time and he had final says on player personnel moves.

Orlando is not league owned.

Last edited:
i wont hold my breath. this is the orlando magic we are talking about here... one of the dumbest franchises in nba history...

Seriously though, IMO the one with the power now is ******g Bynum!
He could just be like "F this trade, I'm gonna tell them I'm not signing with any of these teams. YOLO." and this deal is dead. :/

I don't wanna get teased by these ******g sources again! So something needs to happen ASAP. This **** really needs to end already, one way or another.
I will say though, checked out the Cavs board real quick & they are crazy excited to possibly get Bynum lolz

Something tells me he never really had a problem w/ LA to begin w/.

I don't buy the whole theory about him not wanting to share the spotlight w/ Kobe or that Kobe didn't "recruit" him enough. I seriously think he didn't want to catch heat about trying to be like Shaq.

Back
Top Bottom